1/9 3pm

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:29 PM

i know it was Stokes , I was replying to the fella who was on about you reffing next season !

Oh! Haha, sorry :D

It's time to park the camels.

#22 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

It beggars belief that either of them 2 get SL games , I wouldn't let em near a kids game , arrogant , incompetant & out of touch !
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

#23 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

I didn't see what the first red was for, but I think the second red was Sam Scott at second marker reacting by putting his knees into the guy on the floor because he was flailing his legs about and kicked him at least 3 times(looked intentional. Not normal to kick about that much!) At least that's what I saw. Both at fault, but he shouldn't have reacted like that.

I did not see the first incident but as soon as the fourth official came on (or that's who I assume it was)I knew the guy would go off. I just thought the second one was for dissent. I actually thought you were playing better than us around half time and just after, but the turning point came when your guy knocked on at the base of the scrum when you were attacking. We seemed to play with a greater intensity after that.

#24 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,102 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:13 PM

Missed a couple of obvious knock-ons (although not helped by his touch judges, TBF),  

Apparently, according to our players, on three occasions in the second half the assistants signalled knock-ons and were overuled. His incompetence is only topped by his arrogance.

Lets face it, its nothing out of the ordinary. Every season every club has to put up with some dreadful officiating on occasion !

#25 Clarence St

Clarence St
  • Coach
  • 332 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:28 PM

He's actually been improving of late, but that was a shocker today. Missed a couple of obvious knock-ons (although not helped by his touch judges, TBF), and then went unnecessarily red-card happy with five minutes to go. I can only guess that the York players were giving him a load of verbals for him to act so dramatically with the second sending-off. The first red card should have been a sin-binning (which would have had the same effect anyway).

I don't think his performance assisted Batley's win as we really stepped it up in the last quarter, but he did contributed to an undeserved margin of defeat for your guys. If you keep that squad together, you'll be straight back up.

I was sat in the stand and on two occasions in the 2nd half the touch judge signalled to the ref. but was ignored. Surely, in that case, the touch judge should run on with his flag raised. Once was for a Batley knock on and the other was when a Knight's player reefed the ball out. The referee just played on oblivious to both the offences and to the touch judge's signals. He gave me the impression he was wondering what was for tea, he certainly didn't seem to be watching the same game as everyone else.

Edited by Clarence St, 01 September 2013 - 08:33 PM.

#26 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

Posted Image

#27 PeteM

PeteM
  • Coach
  • 266 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:57 PM

I was sat in the stand and on two occasions in the 2nd half the touch judge signalled to the ref. but was ignored. Surely, in that case, the touch judge should run on with his flag raised. Once was for a Batley knock on and the other was when a Knight's player reefed the ball out. The referee just played on oblivious to both the offences and to the touch judge's signals. He gave me the impression he was wondering what was for tea, he certainly didn't seem to be watching the same game as everyone else.

I saw that, too. On the second occasion I am fairly sure the touch judge gestured as if to say "why are you ignoring me?"

Anyway, at least it wasn't humdrum end-of-season affair...!

The Pickets incident was not caught on video, so don't know what that means when it comes to disciplinary. It seems the 4th official saw it. I personally saw the pair briefly square up to each other, but I then followed the action. When I looked back, Campbell was bloodied and somewhat dazed. No-one from Batley reacted other than to gesture towards Pickets, who was standing his ground, not dissimilar to Mike Tyson.

As I understand it, Sam Scott said something out of turn, but then Stokes reffed out of turn. The knock-on he waved play-on for was quite something.

#28 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

Apparently, according to our players, on three occasions in the second half the assistants signalled knock-ons and were overuled. His incompetence is only topped by his arrogance.
Lets face it, its nothing out of the ordinary. Every season every club has to put up with some dreadful officiating on occasion !

he does every time he refs York though Andy , the worst t hing was him laughing at the fans in the POP stand in the 2nd half after another poor decision
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users