Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Kevin Penny

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:07 PM

Neil Barker reports today that Kevin Penny may return to Warrington next term.

If this is true I will be extremely sad to see him go. I wasn't his biggest fan at the beginning due to his will he won't he play for us stance but for me he is up there as player of the year this year.

#2 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 374 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:33 PM

I think regardless of what division we are in next season and I hope it is still the Championship, Kevin Penny has been a stand out player for us and I said to a friend a while ago I was sure there would a multitude of offers for his services from other Championship clubs. I did hear that he did not want to go full time and likes playing Union & League - how true that is I do not know................he has played really well this season, shown himself to be a selfless team player and of course a match winner in his own right............will be sad to see him leave.....:(

#3 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:09 PM

Barker got that out of one of yesterdays RL papers. There is no chance of him finding anything out for himself.

#4 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 901 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:11 PM

Neil Barker my a##s!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#5 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:23 PM

Neil Barker my a##s!

Have a look on the Warrington forum there are a number of pages from their fans about it dated before this from the MEN.

#6 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:28 PM

As long as he signs off with 3 long range interceptions on Sunday that will do for me !!! :-)

The lad has had a great season and hope he finishes it on a high.

#7 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:51 PM

Penny is pure class
Hes better now than when he was at Warrington before
He deserves another chance in the top league
I hope he stays though!

#8 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:05 PM

Agreed Hes been a fantastic signing for us! Wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Hawkyard brothers attract interest from some of the top Championship clubs and maybe even Super League.

#9 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:37 PM

One look on twitter would tell you that the Wire fans don't want Kev back. All the better for us as he's been awesome. BTW, I'm assuming these are people that haven't seen him play in the last 4 years and never watch anything other than SL.

Would love to see him in a Swinton shirt in 2014 and beyond.

#10 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 901 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:15 PM

Have a look on the Warrington forum there are a number of pages from their fans about it dated before this from the MEN.

Not disputing your post Marshy but his name gets my back up. He wouldnt know a Penny from a ten bob piece without being told!

Kev is the team entertainments organiser and will NOT be allowed to leave!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users