Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Burgess brothers set to rewrite history

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 League Express

League Express
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:27 PM

SAM, Luke, Tom and George Burgess are set to go down in history this weekend after all four brothers were named in the South Sydney Rabbitohs squad to face West Tigers on Friday.

Click here to view the article
League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

#2 7723

• Coach
  • 563 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:11 PM

Will they all end up on the field at the same time.

#3 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 703 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

Jonathan Liew has more background in the Telegraph http://www.telegraph...sts-Tigers.html

I am starting to warm to Jonathan Liew, when he writes about Rugby League, he is generally fair and I think he will cover a number of the World Cup games for the Telegraph.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#4 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:35 PM

They can afford to do it against a poor team like Wests as the media circus it is attracting here in Sydney is unbelievable.

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#5 Bluebags

Bluebags
  • Twitter
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:15 AM

If they do play, it's not the first time four brothers have played in the one side at the one time. Happened in the 20's with the Mighty Annandale side and in German RL national side a few years ago had four brothers play in the one side.

http://www.sportal.c...-history-250010

#6 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,205 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:11 AM

It might happen that they are the first four brothers to play for England in the Rugby World Cup. Throw in James Graham, Roby and the best of the rest from SL and we might,just might have a team capable of troubling the Aussies this November.

Oh I forgot McNamara is the coach, none of them will play.

#7 faz'_nose

faz'_nose
  • Coach
  • 326 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:36 AM

Jonathan Liew has more background in the Telegraph http://www.telegraph...sts-Tigers.html
I am starting to warm to Jonathan Liew, when he writes about Rugby League, he is generally fair and I think he will cover a number of the World Cup games for the Telegraph.

It's a good article - particularly for a national newspaper.

#8 Rover and out

Rover and out
  • Players
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:47 AM

It might happen that they are the first four brothers to play for England in the Rugby World Cup. Throw in James Graham, Roby and the best of the rest from SL and we might,just might have a team capable of troubling the Aussies this November.

What a pathetic post to make. McNamara might not be everyone's cup of tea and for me the jury's still out till after the wc but to lambast him before hes selected the squad or before a ball has even been kicked is just immature. Plus to suggest that none of the players you mentioned would get selected is even more pathetic and immature.

#9 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,123 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:30 AM

Bump. Match commentary (and dreadful adverts) on 2GB Sydney.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#10 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,123 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:02 AM

Um... great start - Sam sinbinned after 3 minutes and Wests rocketing into a 12-0 lead.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#11 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:09 AM

They'll play but out of position.

#12 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:36 AM

Struggling to think of anything like this in recent(20+ years of watching RL) history, there was kerrod, Kevin and Steve Walters but did they play together for Australia or Queensland maybe? Or Louis, vinny and Fraser Anderson for Auckland warriors?

#13 7723

• Coach
  • 563 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:40 AM

Sam, Joel and Logan Tomkins all played in the same match together on one occasion for the first team in a friendly. Oddly enough, Michael McGuire was the coach then.

#14 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,123 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:45 AM

I was going to say the Swanns, but I think one of the three was a cousin, not a brother.

Of course, there was the Keinhorsts for Germany v Serbia.

#15 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,413 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:56 AM

I was going to say the Swanns, but I think one of the three was a cousin, not a brother.

First game was Czech v Germany in Prague in 2007 that the Keinhorsts all played in.

#16 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,123 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:59 AM

Try for little Sam!

#17 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:20 AM

Thought the same thing about the swanns and the ropatis. How many tamati's was there? Kevin, howie, anybody else?

#18 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,123 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

Luke scores!

Not been easy though - where has this tigers team been hiding all season?

#19 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,123 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:39 AM

Luke scores!

Not been easy though - where has this tigers team been hiding all season?

That was Luke's first NRL try. Scored, appropriately, off a pass from Issac Luke. :D 

#20 barnyia

barnyia
  • Coach
  • 364 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:44 AM

Loved the 4 hit ups at the end and then the tackle! Great advert for rl.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users