Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Finn to stay

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:58 PM

Fev have just announced that Liam Finn is staying at Fev for next season. Just the news to boost confidences before tomorrow's game

Edited by Maureen T-k, 27 August 2013 - 04:14 PM.

Im Fev and im proud

#2 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:30 PM

That is the best news that the club could have revealed before a big match; This is just my opinion but I think he has fast become as big an icon as Stu Dickens; Well done to the board for their foresight;

#3 pont rover

pont rover
  • Coach
  • 455 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:33 PM

Brilliant news,will someone let Mr.March at Keighley know !

#4 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 682 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:35 PM

Great news , roll on 7.30 tomorrow

#5 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:37 PM

Brilliant news,will someone let Mr.March at Keighley know !

Oh I think he will have received the message loud and clear by now
Im Fev and im proud

#6 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:30 PM

Fantastic news. Andy Kain any chance next?

#7 peterworth

peterworth
  • Coach
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:42 PM

Brilliant news - I seem to remember Liam's last contract extension was announced just before a Sheffield away game. Funnily enough he was 'signed' for Halifax then as well. Liam is a model professional and role model.

#8 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:45 PM

Brilliant news - I seem to remember Liam's last contract extension was announced just before a Sheffield away game. Funnily enough he was 'signed' for Halifax then as well. Liam is a model professional and role model.

He did have another one year left on his contract anyway, but Halifax clearly wanted him, but he figured in Fevs plans.
Im Fev and im proud

#9 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:09 PM

I doubt he would do 'Full Time' though. But who cares, as long as his ample aris is shimmying up and down for Fev next year it'll do me.

#10 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:29 PM

This is great news for everyone. Could not understand why we would of let him go

#11 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:36 AM

Brilliant news! Still confuses me about the full-time issue though, I thought that's why he was meant to be leaving?

Maybe his firm's got the contract to re-wire the stadium when the new/refurbished stands are up?

I can just imagine it:-

"You can manage without me on these circuit breakers, can't you Lads? I'll only be an hour or two, I've got to put up some high balls for Sharpie to practice catching!"

#12 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:50 AM

Perhaps he not going full time next year. Have the club officially announced that all the team is full time next season as I haven't seen anything

#13 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:36 PM

Perhaps he not going full time next year. Have the club officially announced that all the team is full time next season as I haven't seen anything

It was stated at the last fans forum that 17 of our players would be full time next season,
Im Fev and im proud

#14 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:39 PM

He was awesome tonight
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#15 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 682 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:12 PM

Our forwards were like machines tonight ,our kicking game since longy came is in a different class

Edited by dydo, 28 August 2013 - 09:31 PM.

#16 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:44 PM

Kainy was walking like Heather Mills after the game. He has had a troublesome groin for 2 seasons now. However it won't be as sore as the video ref's finger.

He's got 4 days now to get it right and I think it might be his birthday on Sunday.

Kyle Briggs was looking good tonight, his operation went well and he was saying he will be good to go at the start of the season.

And finally don't judge a book by its cover. I cannot emphasise too much on how nice a bloke Sam Barlow is, we had a bit of a laugh at the end of the game when I explained that I've had most of his greeny removed from my eye.

Did anyone get a view of the disallowed Andy Ellis advantage rule try?

Edited by Andrew Vause, 28 August 2013 - 10:12 PM.

#17 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:48 PM

Yes. It was disallowed because after Sheffield knocked on, Hardman prevented QLT from regaining the ball, so that was a penalty. However, as it was the play after a knock on, the ref quite correctly took it back to give a scrum for Fev. Correct call!

#18 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:13 PM

Yes. It was disallowed because after Sheffield knocked on, Hardman prevented QLT from regaining the ball, so that was a penalty. However, as it was the play after a knock on, the ref quite correctly took it back to give a scrum for Fev. Correct call!

Thank you. Someone did postulate that in the crowd.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 28 August 2013 - 10:13 PM.

#19 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:18 PM

Would the decision still have been the same for foul play? For example if QLT was trying to regain his knock on and Hardman (Who is from Liverpool, and has the surname Hardman) would have say kicked QLT into bargain booze would we still get the scrum? Or can some decisions even after a first offence still be overturned in favour of the side committing the first non violent offence?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users