Whitehaven

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:04 PM

OK so its the biggest game of our season coming up on Sunday.

How many of you on here are intending to attend the game ?.  Lets see if we can get as many Lions fans up to Cumbria as we can.

Maybe if people have spaces in their cars they could offer the spare seats to other Lions fans ?

Lets get behind the team and help them pull off the great escape Gary and the lads deserve the support and are playing some good stuff at the moment.

What do people think ?

NO Keith we are not chartering a train and Chris we are not taking an LUT bus :biggrin:

Riggy

#2 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 249 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:22 PM

Spot on Riggy - shall be travelling up with my brother in his car - we have room for 2/3 - no contribution required - simply respond to this post with contact reference - forget the ifs and buts for the game we are going up there to win

#3 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:14 PM

Thanks Class  it was just an idea to see if we can get more people up there.

Riggy

Edited by RIGGY, 27 August 2013 - 08:16 PM.

#4 Spelly

Spelly
  • Coach
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:09 PM

My fellow Lions - Let's get up there in our numbers!

This game is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge to the club. That's your club, our club, my ******* club. And your / our / my club needs / warrants / deserves, every bit of support you / we / I can muster on the West Cumbrian coast come Sunday!

There's a multitude of possibilities / ifs / buts, of what can / might / will happen, depending on other results but..........................

The simplest of scenarios is, WIN AND WE STAY UP!!! So let's roar your / our / my Swinton team onto a resounding victory, and b******s to the other matches!

COME ON YOU LIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spelly.

"--- and then on the eighth day, God created Rugby League."

Daily, my intense dislike of the Pinks, Rugby Yawnion, Manchester United, and far-right politics, grows ever larger, and will continue to do so forever more!

Question! What's the connection between Rugby League and Rugby Yawnion? Answer! There isn't one!

My girl-friend asked "If you had to choose between me and Swinton who would it be?" I replied "You know the answer to that one without even asking!"

#5 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:14 PM

Yep I can get two in as well.

#6 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:39 PM

Thanks Guys so that's 4/5 seats available for Sunday so far. 

If anyone fancies going please contact the guys using this topic using the private message tag.

If you fill the seats please post it on the message board or if anyone else has any space please add your message.

Thanks again

Riggy

#7 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 905 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:59 PM

I'll be there either on 2 wheels or may cadge a lift if the weathers foul!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#8 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:36 AM

Afternoon !

Hope some of you who want to go on Sunday have taken up the offers further up the page and got yourself a seat in a car share to Whitehaven.
If you are not sure how to go about it register your interest on here and anyone who has spare seats will contact you via the private message at the top right of your page.

In the mean time it would be good to get a straw poll of who is going. We have four and Spelly in our car !! :-)

Riggy

#9 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:43 AM

4 of us are going up to Cumbria.

We should have a good chance, we're playing the best rugby we have done all season and Haven arguably the worst they have (although I know they've had some very tough games recently and bad luck with injuries). We've beaten them once this season, one final win will mean Championship rugby for 2014 and a (long) shot at making "SL2" in 2015.

Get behind the boys and we'll do it! Let's try and all stand/sit together as well and make some noise!

#10 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:48 PM

Oh my god! I used to live for the away trip to Whitehaven when I was up North. The Club organised bus always stopped in Cockermouth at the pub next to Jennings Brewery.

That is one hell of a trip I would love to make this weekend, especially with so much at stake.

COME ON LIONS!!!!!!

I will be listening via BBC Cumbria (if the links will let me)

Edited by Bleep1673, 28 August 2013 - 12:49 PM.

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#11 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:48 PM

Best of luck on sunday. After the last four games I think confidence in the haven camp is very low their forum is quieter than a library and I can see you pulling it off. Local fans are predicting their lowest home crowd of the season so get as many up here as you can.

Edited by town4me, 28 August 2013 - 12:50 PM.

#12 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:33 PM

Shame you can't get up here Bleep . You will just have to listen to the NON Biased on Radio Cumbria !!

Thanks Town4me good luck at FAX for you guys too.

#13 haven94

haven94
  • Coach
  • 316 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:17 PM

cant say good luck to you guys but would rarther you stay up than some teams and your coach gary chambers is a whitehaven lad so hope you enjoy your trip up. get yourselves in the j.j.mckeown bar for a beer before the game and enjoy the game.  

#14 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:33 PM

Thanks haven94

#15 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 582 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:37 PM

Saturday night in Broughton-in-Furness, and Sunday night in Keswick for me. A pint of Jennings and a (pretend) big fat cigar in Keswick on Sunday night would be nice! I know of another 6 going up.

#16 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:16 PM

Shame you can't get up here Bleep . You will just have to listen to the NON Biased on Radio Cumbria !!

Thanks Town4me good luck at FAX for you guys too.

no probs riggy. I take it you have heard their radio coverage before then lol. Every swinton pass will be forward,swinton will be offside every PTB and the ref will let swinton off with allsorts ha ha you know whats coming.

#17 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:36 PM

Just spoken to Gary and all the players can't wait for Sunday.  Lets get up there and get behind them.

Still seats in peoples cars available.

Riggy

#18 x111lge

x111lge
  • Players
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:37 PM

i should be going down to Weymouth on holiday on Saturday.but after extensive negotiations me and my son will be at Whitehaven while my wife goes to Weymouth on the train.we will follow early Monday.hopefully in a good mood. 

#19 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:40 PM

Good on you stotty.  Put the lads first.

#20 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:30 PM

cant say good luck to you guys but would rarther you stay up than some teams and your coach gary chambers is a whitehaven lad so hope you enjoy your trip up. get yourselves in the j.j.mckeown bar for a beer before the game and enjoy the game.  

??? No problems with the above but it was not my post

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users