Early Drop goal

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:00 AM

If you was coach would you tell the team to go for an early drop goal to night or will we not need it

#2 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,815 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:01 AM

If you was coach would you tell the team to go for an early drop goal to night or will we not need it

depends on what the bookies odds for a drop goal in the game are

#3 brummie-eagle

brummie-eagle
  • Coach
  • 802 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:31 AM

Blake Solly was at Andrew Henderson's testimonial dinner last month, he was saying that some clubs are looking into going full time with about 16 players and the rest being part time.
why dont they just give andy farrell his medal now?- ray french before the challenge cup final 1998

#4 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:42 AM

best bet first tackle after scrum big kick down feild will sharp chaseing ??? 9 times out of 10 there full back is in the line i know who my money would be on in a chase for the ball

#5 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,920 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:43 AM

depends on what the bookies odds for a drop goal in the game are

:lol: :lol: :lol:
That tickled me!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#6 brummie-eagle

brummie-eagle
  • Coach
  • 802 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:21 AM

Blake Solly was at Andrew Henderson's testimonial dinner last month, he was saying that some clubs are looking into going full time with about 16 players and the rest being part time.

that should have gone in the Finn topic! I imagine there may be a fair few tries tonight!
why dont they just give andy farrell his medal now?- ray french before the challenge cup final 1998

#7 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:37 PM

Won't be easy defending a 12 point start, far harder than just trying to win. On top of that, many Bonus points are a "gimme", when a side winning by 18 or more tends to relax in the last 5 minutes.

I think both side will forget about the BP until the last 15 minutes. 

#8 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

Lets just win cos both teams have tricky last fixtures;

#9 JCrabtree

JCrabtree
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:47 PM

Since Sean has come into the set up a key feature of the side has been our impressive success from both Finn and kains kicks. Why when playing a team with a strong line like Sheffield would we waste an opportunity to use one of our best assets? We would hope not to need the drop goal and one of the best ways to insure that is letting sharp finish a few on the fith.

#10 bigjohn

bigjohn
  • Coach
  • 975 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:03 PM

If we don't win by 13 tonight we will have to make do with second I think Sheffield have been the best team so far this year

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users