Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

30/08/13 - Wigan Warriors v Hull FC KO 8pm

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (19 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Wigan Warriors (8 votes [42.11%])

Percentage of vote: 42.11%

2. Hull FC (9 votes [47.37%])

Percentage of vote: 47.37%

3. Draw (2 votes [10.53%])

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#141 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,881 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:57 AM

What's wrong with being a Leigh fan?

Super League snobbery is rife on here.

I wasn't implying that there was, as you well know.

A couple of years ago the ESL brought in a regulation that there must be a visible clock that is tied into the time keepers, that is why at Wigan there is now a clock in the West stand that is controlled by the time keepers. 

You ever seen this clock start up?

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#142 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,717 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:34 AM

We talk a lot about how the team chosen in Club Call is given extra motivation through the feeling they've been picked as the weakest team.

Well, I would imagine that, for a Huddersfield player or fan, all these Wigan and Leeds fans talking about throwing next week's game so they get an easy trip to Huddersfield would be far more motivating than that.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#143 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,987 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:22 AM

I like the thought of Paul Anderson screaming at his players - "do you know what Exiled Wiganer wrote about stopped clock gate? We'll make them pay for that!"

#144 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,449 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:00 AM

I like the thought of Paul Anderson screaming at his players - "do you know what Exiled Wiganer wrote about stopped clock gate? We'll make them pay for that!"

Pinning it up on the changing room wall as we speak.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#145 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,457 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

Warrington finishing 2nd may have to beat Wigan twice to get to OT. If Wigan win the first suddenly they get home advantage.

Saints have twice had to do that, although last year they failed to get to OT.  But in 2011 we had to beat Wigan twice to get there and last year we had to play Warrington twice: we won the first, lost the second.  I'm glad not to be a part of that farce this year tbh. In 2011 it meant we played Wigan six times in one season which was frankly boring.

#146 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,602 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

To put the attendance thing into perspective:

Hull v Wigan CC Final, att 78,137
England v Moldova WC Qualifier, att 61,607

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users