Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

01/09/13 - Huddersfield Giants v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats KO 6.15pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Huddersfield Giants (10 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. Wakefield Trinity Wildcats (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 TBC

TBC
  • Coach
  • 745 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

Eddie starts with one of his usual hatchet jobs on Wakefield. £400k becomes "over half a million" and Tim Smith's departure is "Star players are on their way out"

Too right - first time I've watched a Sky game for a while and those clowns just don't change. What was Stevo rambling on about regarding the play the ball? We see this week in week out.

#42 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,700 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:24 PM

Congrats Huddersfield enjoy you're night.Richly deserved
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#43 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:59 PM

Not the greatest game maybe, but It's got us where we wanted to be, Wakey are in a bit of a downer at the moment, I hope everything gets sorted for them and they grow with their new ground, Their team showed a lot of class staying on the field and congratulating the Giants tonight.

I'm most pleased for K Davy he definitely deserves something, and thanks to all the posters on here and the Giants board who have congratulated us and wished us well, I know in the grand scheme of the modern game It's winning the Grand final that matters but the Lls is a start, There are going to be some great sides starting to concentrate from now, but It's all to play for.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#44 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,993 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:00 PM

Well done to the Giants. They have been wonderful from day 1 and deserve to party long and hard tonight. They can rightly savour their triumph, which was pretty much unheralded - I cannot recall anyone predicting it back in February. Be fascinating to see where their journey takes them from here. Hopefully with plenty of locals on board.
Very pleased for GS and Ant and co on here.

#45 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:39 PM

Too right - first time I've watched a Sky game for a while and those clowns just don't change. What was Stevo rambling on about regarding the play the ball? We see this week in week out.

I noticed Crabtree in particular never touched the ball with his foot on any of his play the balls, rolling it backwards through his legs with his hands. I think if he does this in the world cup with Aussie or NZ refs he could be heavily penalised.

#46 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:49 PM

I wasn't trying to minimise Huddersfield's achievement in post #45 so let me add my congatulations to them on winning the LLS. its a along way from 4 to 500 hundred turning up at Fartown in the infamous Barracuda era. It just shows there is hope for all teams to rise from the ashes. Fev, Crusaders and the Eagles are the latest to join the Phoenix club.

On another note, how powerful, fast and destructive is the pairing of Cudjoe and McGilvray on the right side. They work well together. England could do worse that to pick them together as a unit and with Hall on the other wing and Tomkins and Chase for creativity, we might just have the backs to trouble the Aussies.

It a shame though that Brough and McNamara have had their issues. Brough was very good tonight and would be a n asset to the England team. The Giants have some very fine players and deserve their title.

#47 Wollo Wollo Wayoo

Wollo Wollo Wayoo
  • Coach
  • 535 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:25 AM

On another note, how powerful, fast and destructive is the pairing of Cudjoe and McGilvray on the right side. They work well together. England could do worse that to pick them together as a unit and with Hall on the other wing and Tomkins and Chase for creativity, we might just have the backs to trouble the Aussies.

They're hardly gonna have Cockayne and Lee Smith facing them though are they?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013 & 2014

#48 gavin7094

gavin7094
  • Coach
  • 197 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

I noticed Crabtree in particular never touched the ball with his foot on any of his play the balls, rolling it backwards through his legs with his hands. I think if he does this in the world cup with Aussie or NZ refs he could be heavily penalised.

Play the balls are a joke in Super League.  This skill is what makes rugby league distinctive.  That was the reason that was given for why a play the ball design was used as the symbol for the 1995 World Cup .  Now however, it doesn't seem to matter.  The interpretation of the rule seems to change year to year.  Was it at the start of last year that players were being penalised for not touching it?  Lawrence is the worst candidate in the league.  He makes no effort to even lift his leg off the ground - just rolls it through as quickly as possible. How refreshing to watch them still playing it correctly (most of the time) in Australia. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users