Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Leigh (A)

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 morti

morti
  • Coach
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

cracking win,well done the rams,never easy to get a result at leigh,bring on Doncaster :biggrin:

#22 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,006 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

A remarkable result. Like many others I was absent but did have my excuses this time - a stinking cold and a wedding anniversary (best to kill two birds with one stone). I fully expected us to put out a weakened team in anticipation of next week's match but trust that I was wrong.

I see that our top try-scorer delivered the goods once more. :sleep:

Edited by Blind side johnny, 01 September 2013 - 06:21 PM.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#23 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

I will be at Doncaster, should be an interesting game after their win over Sheffield

#24 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:47 PM

Think we should all get down to donny! The lads deserve a good support . Certainly a winnable match???

#25 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 936 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:03 PM

Fantastic performance,never giving up,seem to be peaking at the right time,still think Batley would be the better match,but Doncaster it is.

#26 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:04 PM

Fantastic performance,never giving up,seem to be peaking at the right time,still think Batley would be the better match,but Doncaster it is.

Nah save it for the final ;)

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#27 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

Should have said, a fantastic win and remarkable comeback. The number of narrow wins says a lot for their resilience and never say die attitude. It might not be flash but they know how to grind out a win.

And good to see Pryce adding to his total as top try scorer.

#28 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 796 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

An excellent win taking this form into the playoffs, Donny game should be a thriller.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#29 budgiezilla

budgiezilla
  • Coach
  • 183 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:50 PM

aye, didn't see that coming. WELL PLAYED Dewsbury.

#30 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:33 AM

We positive thinking Rams fans smile yet again. It is sweet. All you doom mongers should come and join us. Let's be a bit more upbeat from now on, you never know, we might win again.
Great game today, sad to see so few of us there, let's go, all of us, to Donny and get behind the lads.
Well done Glenn, well done the players - come on guys, it's time for us to do our bit.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

#31 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:39 AM

In reply to Flying 5 we realistic types work on previous performances and results and when a victory like this comes along, we do more than smile!

I was also absent for this one and will just miss the Donny fixture too, so I reckon I have seen my last game of the season!

Edited by Crown Flatter, 02 September 2013 - 02:36 PM.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

#32 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,580 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

In reply to Flying 5 we realistic types work on previous performances and results and when a victory like this comes along, we do more than smile!

I was also absent for this one and will just miss the Donny fixture too, so I reckon I have missed my last game of t,he season!

Being a doom monger and a realist means you don't get too disappointed when things go niddies up. Fantastic win though yesterday, and well done to the lads, who TBH have exceeded my expectations this year if not flying 5's. Good to see KP hitting form (my previous posts will show I always believed he would come good) and I hope he signs up for next year. Now for the reality. a) We HAVE played some dross this year, even when winning. B) Generally speaking, the standard below the top five is pretty average so let's not get carried away. Now if we get past the first two rounds of the play offs, I really will think we've turned the corner, and will offer my apologies for ever doubting.

#33 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:47 AM

Hope everyone's off to Doncaster! The lads deserve a good support Sunday. Anyone know if the club are sorting a coach?

#34 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:50 AM

Being a doom monger and a realist means you don't get too disappointed when things go niddies up. Fantastic win though yesterday, and well done to the lads, who TBH have exceeded my expectations this year if not flying 5's. Good to see KP hitting form (my previous posts will show I always believed he would come good) and I hope he signs up for next year. Now for the reality. a) We HAVE played some dross this year, even when winning. B) Generally speaking, the standard below the top five is pretty average so let's not get carried away. Now if we get past the first two rounds of the play offs, I really will think we've turned the corner, and will offer my apologies for ever doubting.

GOR - Leigh are a top four side and we won away, so we are capable of beating Doncaster. Who knows how well we would have done if we had not had so many long term injuries. Wright, Brown, Buchanan, Spicer, Jones etc..

#35 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,006 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:27 PM

Hope everyone's off to Doncaster! The lads deserve a good support Sunday. Anyone know if the club are sorting a coach?

I think Glenn Morrison is on a two year contract.

HTH

Edited by Blind side johnny, 02 September 2013 - 06:52 PM.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#36 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 223 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:41 PM

BSJ - are you keeping your options open?

#37 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,006 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

BSJ - are you keeping your options open?

Damn!! Fat fingers strike again.

:cry:

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#38 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:16 PM

great win for you yesterday.....really enjoyed the game

Woo I bet they let you in the directors box, wot with your contacts and influence

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users