• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:29 PM

Great game & great entertainment.

Some interesting thoughts come out of this match as London junior Will Sharp goes over in the last minute to give Fev a 40-24 win.

Top of the table doesn't matter due to play offs?

Lack of P&R makes non SL matches meaningless?

London do nothing for rugby league?

#2 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:38 PM

Great game & great entertainment.

Some interesting thoughts come out of this match as London junior Will Sharp goes over in the last minute to give Fev a 40-24 win.

Top of the table doesn't matter due to play offs?

Lack of P&R makes non SL matches meaningless?

London do nothing for rugby league?

Don't forget London junior Lamont Bryan as well.

Just to flip it round a bit, some on here reckon Londoners won't come ooop t'north to play the game, explain.

Top of the table does matter, it's ours and has been for 4 years now, keep your filthy dee dar hands off Sheffield!

I reckon you could have doubled the crowd if promo was at stake, too many casuals see the games as meaningless without promo.

#3 Pen-Y-Bont Crusader

Pen-Y-Bont Crusader
  • Coach
  • 603 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:45 PM

Both of these lads had already played SL before they went north.

#4 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:50 PM

Just to flip it round a bit, some on here reckon Londoners won't come ooop t'north to play the game, explain.

Top of the table does matter, it's ours and has been for 4 years now, keep your filthy dee dar hands off Sheffield!

Yes, it "belongs" to the team who've won less matches.

I'll tell you what, you have that and we'll keep the Championship trophy after winning the play-offs. That would be perfect*

* I'm well aware that this may not happen and I'm not predicting anything. I just know which trophy I'd prefer… I.E the one that means that you're Champions**
** I would like the League Leaders trophy, though, and having led the League for most of the year losing it at the death is infuriating
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#5 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:54 PM

Both of these lads had already played SL before they went north.

Not sure what your point is

#6 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:56 PM

Yes, it "belongs" to the team who've won less matches.

I'll tell you what, you have that and we'll keep the Championship trophy after winning the play-offs. That would be perfect*

* I'm well aware that this may not happen and I'm not predicting anything. I just know which trophy I'd prefer… I.E the one that means that you're Champions**
** I would like the League Leaders trophy, though, and having led the League for most of the year losing it at the death is infuriating

Hey, I don't like the bonus system either, but we are where we are.

Some would argue that the LLS is harder to win*

* I'm still gutted about losing to you at Warrington, so I would say that

#7 SE4Wire

SE4Wire
  • Coach
  • 655 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:56 PM

Great game. Proper knife edge stuff

#8 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:01 PM

Fabulous game to watch, well done to everyone involved :-)
Posted Image

#9 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:03 PM

Hey, I don't like the bonus system either, but we are where we are.

Some would argue that the LLS is harder to win*

* I'm still gutted about losing to you at Warrington, so I would say that

It probably is, to be fair, as it's over the course of the season. Our season started to go downhill after those cup runs… I predicted then that we'd tire as the season went on and lose form. I actually thought we'd lose tonight but get a bonus point. So frustrating not to, but all credit to Fev for a strong performance tonight. I just hope we can prove that we're the best team in the League, as we have been since the start of the year, by going on and winning the Grand Final.
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#10 Pen-Y-Bont Crusader

Pen-Y-Bont Crusader
  • Coach
  • 603 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:23 PM

They were already pro RL players in London for a couple of years before moving north. So having 'made' it as pros moving north is an understandable progression especially in Lamont's case as the Broncos were not convinced of his temperament.

#11 Intake Don

Intake Don
  • Facebook
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:23 PM

Nearly 4000 ther tonite wernt they great effort especially for a wednesday night

#12 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,984 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:39 PM

The restructure is coming at just the right time for Fev. Hopefully they don't lose their crowds and continue to build.

#13 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:33 AM

Special night! Fabulous edge of the seat entertainment from minute one to minute eighty. Just under 4000 fans on a Wednesday night in front of he TV cameras proves that Fev can draw a more than respectable audience if and when their SL opportunity arrives. And how good is that ground going to be this time next year? Well done to all concerned, a fabulous club.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#14 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,413 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:04 AM

Good game good atmosphere. Fev could have nosedived after Powell left but instead have remained strong-which is good to see. The ground improvements as well means life looking very good for them. Fev and Sheffield easily the best outside SL. Aston moaning again. Seems he moans when ever Sheffield lose but he has to look at his players for me who bombed a couple of chances and allowed Fev to get a good lead. The crowd I believe was not near 4000 at all. I think Fev fans going on about such a great crowd are seeing things. Was a good crowd and Fev have done well to market it.But then all clubs make up crowd numbers for whatever reason

#15 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:13 AM

I reckon you could have doubled the crowd if promo was at stake, too many casuals see the games as meaningless without promo.

Don't forget the little matter of Hunslet on Sunday before it's '4 years now.' And more importantly don't forget the trips to York and Swinton, and home to Donny, so far this season.....

#16 tuutaisrambo

tuutaisrambo
  • Coach
  • 220 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:17 AM

Fantastic Game last night....struggling to speak today from all the shouting........we tend to get agonisingly beaten in these close big games so it was great to see us come out on top.

Think the announcer said it was over 3800 attendance....didn't hear the exact figure as it was pretty load in that community stand.......i think my row jumped 2 feet in the air when sharp scored at the end.

Up the Rovers 

TEAMROVERS_small.jpg

#17 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:36 AM

The crowd I believe was not near 4000 at all. I think Fev fans going on about such a great crowd are seeing things. Was a good crowd and Fev have done well to market it.But then all clubs make up crowd numbers for whatever reason

Having been a regular at PO Rd for many a year I guessed at 3500. The actual attendance was 3890 so not too far away. Nothing at all to be gained from inflating crowd figures so I don't see why you would suggest that last night's was.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#18 the phoenix

the phoenix
  • Coach
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:27 AM

WHAT !! 
nearly 4000 fans for a parochial backwater run down village dwarfed by 2 superleague teams in the vicinity , you cant be serious 
i bet Westwood is choking on his cornflakes this morning

what a fantastic game and advert for rugby league that was especially after the dross we had to watch in the CC final

a game of great emotion and twists and turns for both sides 
that is what competition does and that is what you will see a lot more of when we get to the new system - bring it on

#19 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:10 PM

WHAT !! 
nearly 4000 fans for a parochial backwater run down village dwarfed by 2 superleague teams in the vicinity , you cant be serious 
i bet Westwood is choking on his cornflakes this morning

Hahahaha

Might have just squeezed out a little wee when I read your line about nobody's favourite ex-fev fan.

#20 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:49 PM

For me, it reminded me of the old days, and had all the characteristics of a title decider, yet in the grand scheme of things meant nothing other than one of them will pick up a meaningless trophy on sunday results pending - a great advert for the championship and was as good as anything served up in the top flight this season.

I like the play offs, but id like to at least see the champions automatically go into the grand final, would make it far more meaningful.

Many Super league games are as dull as dishwater as theres nothing to realistically play for for a lot of clubs from certain points of the season onwards, look at the championship - this weekend is a real hum dinger with a relegation scrap and 4 sides fighting to stya up, providing all the last day emotion and drama that makes sport great.

Lets hope the restructure makes is fair on all teams and brings back the excitement at both ends of the tables and get RL in the UK at all levels buzzing again.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users