TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Season Review

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:19 PM

He isn't a York fan, but thanks for making your feelings clear!

My feeling wasn't that way till I read his dribble.

In fact if you read one of your other forum posts I actually wished York well in getting promoted next year when you could easily bypass five teams from this division.!

#42 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:56 PM

I'd keep Scott,Lee,Latus,Johnson,Brining,Aldous

Really ?

#43 Andy Knight

Andy Knight
  • Coach
  • 2,743 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:23 PM

Been honest Andy, them six is maybe been kind, I like Latus, underrated and did a good job for us, Brining is a must, massive potential, cracking player. Aldous is a machine, shame he isn't bigger or he would go far in the game. Scott and Lee have been good on the whole but if they went so be it. I'd like us to sign Johnson, York lad, decent player for mine, that can only get better with more games.
As for everyone else, apart from Ed Smith, I'd love Matty Nicko but he's off as he's way too good to play CC1, it would be great to see Sully play one more year but it looks highly unlikely.
The rest I'm afraid simply just have not shaped up for me, there's been little flashes here and there but no consistent form from anyone other than Jack Briscoe, who was my player of the year till he got that cruel injury.
I like Mallinder and maybe the amateur line is the one we need to look at as there is ample talent just waiting to be picked up and given their chance.
"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"
Millican Dalton...1867-1947

#44 Andy Knight

Andy Knight
  • Coach
  • 2,743 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:25 PM

Missed one.....George Elliott, thought he went really well when he forced his way back into the side.

#45 paul

paul
  • Players
  • 96 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:37 PM

Now we know we are down we still have find out what the RL are going to do about promotion and relegation for next season,but if the club is going to prosper next season we have got to start winning not just our home games,but our away form has got to improve 100% otherwise the York public will not come back to watch a team that performs 1 week and not the other.I would also like to see the supporters club been given a bigger say on the major decisions made at board room level(maybe 1 person sitting in on meetings)? Just an idea.

#46 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:27 PM

This thread makes depressing reading... So much early optimism!

Posted Image

#47 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 386 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:57 PM

So basically between us all we have kept the whole squad . So where is the problem ? Who's fault is it that we got relegated ? ??????

#48 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:05 PM

Have you owt to cheer us up our Gav?

#49 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:07 PM

So basically between us all we have kept the whole squad . So where is the problem ? Who's fault is it that we got relegated ? ??????

1) Fitness

2) DR

3) Basic Errors

4) DR

5) "Small" Pack of forwards

6) DR

7) Injuries to key players

8) DR

9) Game plan

10) DR

feel free to add any I've missed

#50 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

1) Fitness
2) DR
3) Basic Errors
4) DR
5) "Small" Pack of forwards
6) DR
7) Injuries to key players
8) DR
9) Game plan
10) DR

feel free to add any I've missed

11) Decision making
12) Confidence
13) Concentration

It's time to park the camels.

2014 SQL League Leader

2014 SQL Grand Stupid Champion

#51 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:12 PM

11) Decision making
12) Confidence
13) Concentration

you forgot to mention DR ;)

#52 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:18 PM

Have you owt to cheer us up our Gav?

Look at the retweets of support on the Knights twitter account. Very heartwarming.

Not one York fan has thrown a wobbler yet which is great to see. I think us lot are all going to have a lot of fun next year...

Posted Image

#53 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:21 PM

Look at the retweets of support on the Knights twitter account. Very heartwarming.

Not one York fan has thrown a wobbler yet which is great to see. I think us lot are all going to have a lot of fun next year...

I sincerly hope so Gav, these past three years have been very depressing rugby wise. Get a few decent signings announced to cheer us fans up and we'll regroup and crack on next year

#54 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:32 PM

I sincerly hope so Gav, these past three years have been very depressing rugby wise. Get a few decent signings announced to cheer us fans up and we'll regroup and crack on next year

GOOD CHANCE THE HAWKS WILL BE JOINING YOU MATE DOESNT LOOK GOOD UNLESS P.M DOES THE HAWKS A BIG FAVOUR
chappy

#55 Andy Knight

Andy Knight
  • Coach
  • 2,743 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:43 PM

I believe us die hards will always back the club, it's in our blood, yes it's a bad feeling been relegated but the clubs still alive.

#56 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:46 PM

Just hope we can be challenging at the top next year and not do a Portsmouth, Wolves etc a la football.
How great would it be playing Hunslet in the last match of the season, whichever team wins the match wins the league and then we go wide to west* mode after the hooter! AHAHGHAGAGAGHRHHAGAHGAHAHAGHRHRGHAHRHEGHVEHHAGEHRGRVRVHAV

*Replace with actual wingers name

Edited by YCKonstantine, 29 August 2013 - 05:48 PM.

It's time to park the camels.

2014 SQL League Leader

2014 SQL Grand Stupid Champion

#57 jayemm

jayemm
  • Coach
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:04 PM

Gutted that we have been relegated but am already looking at cheap hotels in the area for our far flung away matches.Hoping to make a weekend away.

#58 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:33 PM

Tom Carr ? The kid is quality & just wants to play , he will only get better !
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

#59 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:47 PM

Tom Carr ? The kid is quality & just wants to play , he will only get better !

Plus he will have benefited from his first season in the Championship

#60 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:37 PM

I'd keep Scott,Lee,Latus,Johnson,Brining,Aldous  

Of those mentioned, Andy. Two are too good for C1, two need a career change to benefit themselves, one I wouldnt keep and two should be the absolute cornerstones of our side in C1. Dont ask me to identify - I won't. ( one player fits two categories ).

I would add Tom Carr, Aaron Lyons, Ry Mallinder, Joe Picketts, Jack Pickles, George Elliott, the Smiths,  Ben Dent, Greg Minikin, James Morland, Harry Carter, Austin Bell, Ty Craig and Jack Iley. I would retrieve Joe Hemmings, Jack Stearman and Ben Hardcastle, add Josh Parle and Joe Porter, persuade Fordy to stay on and then look for two more BIG props. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users