Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

York relegated

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:58 PM

At least they can't blame us on Sunday now.

#2 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,321 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:23 PM

Seems GT couldn't work his magic at York!

good game at Fev tonight and well worth the £17 to see the top two battle it out, and I wasn't the only Dogs fan there!

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#3 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:29 PM

Seems GT couldn't work his magic at York!

good game at Fev tonight and well worth the £17 to see the top two battle it out, and I wasn't the only Dogs fan there!

Magic?

Posted Image

#4 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:41 PM

Magic?

Like a poundland Harry Potter.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#5 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:44 PM

Actually it's a shame as I quite like York. Maybe now is not the time to go on their forum to tell them that you told them so.

#6 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:47 PM

Actually it's a shame as I quite like York. Maybe now is not the time to go on their forum to tell them that you told them so.

Wish everyone was like you.

It's time to park the camels.

2014 SQL League Leader

2014 SQL Grand Stupid Champion

#7 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:56 PM

Wish everyone was like you.

I'm disappointed you've gone down too.

#8 Kiddzyy69

Kiddzyy69
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:32 PM

Didn't mind them never had a problem with them really,best of luck next season

Edited by Kiddzyy69, 28 August 2013 - 10:32 PM.

#9 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,321 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:23 AM

I don't like athletic stadiums for watching rugby. So with the closure of Don Valley and a strong possability Hunslet will drop it could get rid of three of the worst away games for me. Once York have their new stadium I will look forward to their return

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

#10 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,321 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:26 AM

Magic?

I am starting to come around to the fact that GT wasn't a great coach ;)

#11 phildog

phildog
  • 317 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:10 PM

Just watched Batley v Leigh from 2006 when GT was coach, Batley performance was great that day, and there were plenty others under his leadership,  bear in mind the squad wasn't great, nowhere near as good as we've had over the last 3/4 seasons. I think GT did a reasonable job until that last month of his. Sorry for him to go down but happy that they've stuck with him for next year. Let's face it, with the standard of CH 1 whoever goes down will come straight back up, although with the changes due in 2015 that means they'll probably still be in the same division!!

#12 vitocorleone

vitocorleone
  • Coach
  • 677 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:03 PM

I agree. GT did an absolutely fantastic job on a small budget and showed great enthusiasm for the job.

#13 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

I agree. GT did an absolutely fantastic job on a small budget and showed great enthusiasm for the job.

Lovely guy and a fantastic coach.

Posted Image

#14 vitocorleone

vitocorleone
  • Coach
  • 677 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:32 PM

Coached in the right environments.

#15 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:38 PM

It's like adding coleslaw to a salad.

Posted Image

#16 vitocorleone

vitocorleone
  • Coach
  • 677 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:39 PM

Insania

#17 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:34 PM

I would hope that any Dogs supporters on Sunday will use their enthusiasm to get behind their team and not use it on making gestures, either verbally or physically, against a person who left Batley several years ago and who has never, to my knowledge, said anything against the club since he left.

#18 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:57 PM

I would hope that any Dogs supporters on Sunday will use their enthusiasm to get behind their team and not use it on making gestures, either verbally or physically, against a person who left Batley several years ago and who has never, to my knowledge, said anything against the club since he left.

He is the last manager to win a game in the play offs (remember that Jay Duffy 1 pointer which beat  Leigh away ), a feat neither Karl Harrison nor John Kear has yet managed to equal.