Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

In 'The Centurion' on Sunday 1st September

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 417 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:31 AM

Good morning Dewsbury fans. 'The Centurion' is the match day magazine of Leigh Centurions, and here's a flavour of what's in this week's issue - including lots of stuff about the Rams, and plenty of 'neutral' material. If you are coming over to Leigh, have a safe journey and enjoy the day - but not too much!

Head Coach PAUL ROWLEY looks back with DAVE PARKINSON to the Batley defeat and bemoans the schedule Championship players have to endure. He also explains why he prefers Friday/Saturday home matches.

ROB PARKER explains why, when talking to NATHAN LAWRENSON, it is important to finish the league season on a high. He also pays tribute to new chairman John Roddy.

MIKE HULME explains why he wants a ‘think tank’ of prominent RL personalities convened to ‘stop the rot’ within the Game.

JOHN RODDY talks about fund raising initiatives, and pays tribute to a new Board member, and our Business Manager.

DAVE PARKINSON updates his ‘Facts ‘N Stats’ for the first team squad, and summarises the Under 20’s season.

MAURICE JONES’s provides excellent images of the Whitehaven game.

Love RL correspondent, TONY WILLIAMS rues a ’putrid’ Challenge Cup Final ‘knock-on-athon’.

ALAN EDGE removes his flat cap, to have a good scratch at his head, in an attempt to explain the Championship play-off format, and has an in-depth look at our visitors, Dewsbury Rams.

ALAN PLATT updates us on Touchdown news, and SHARON DILLON has the latest Junior Centurions news, including the September birthdays. LYNDA PIKE provides the latest LISA news

GARETH WALKER announces those in the running for the players of the year awards, in the Championships. Rather surprisingly, there currently aren’t any Leigh players in the twelve nominated Championship names.

The COMMERCIAL page features Sunday’s match sponsors – A-Star Recruitment, and Advanced Cladding and Single Play Systems. These are once again, two new names to the Club’s growing sponsorship portfolio – well done Rob! Commercial are also advertising the excellent forthcoming dining package – ‘The Faulty Towers’ experience.

There’s also the usual SQUAD, LOTTERY and Fixtures/results information.

The bargain price is, as always £2.50

#2 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:30 AM

Good marketing and advertising, youl probs sell quite a few! something I'm afraid our club no little about is marketing

#3 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 417 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:18 AM

Good marketing and advertising, youl probs sell quite a few! something I'm afraid our club no little about is marketing

Thanks - but I wish we could sell more! Most clubs' marketing, in our league, leaves a lot to be desired - including ours! However, we've got a new regime (yes, another one!) we seem to be much more proactive.

On the Dewsbury front, it's great to see that you are in the play-offs this year. Onwards and upwards!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users