• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 barnyia

barnyia
  • Coach
  • 413 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:38 AM

Hello,

Just to say its great to see so much rl on tv, the classic nrl grand finals are great and the nrl coverage is well worth the subscription money, championship games and student games,

Pity though, as its making me lose interest in super league!

#2 barnyia

barnyia
  • Coach
  • 413 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:42 AM

Just to give credit were credits due,

#3 MattSantos

MattSantos
  • Coach
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:08 AM

I enjoyed last nights game, enhanced by intelligent commentary and some decent bantz.

I cannot, i will not listen to the SKY commentary as my TV is too expensive to smash!

#4 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:05 PM

They've also switched tomorrows games so the Souths game, with all 4 Burgess', is now live with the Broncos game delayed.

Good work Premier Sports!
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#5 roughyed8

roughyed8
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:21 PM

Wish us virgin t v subscribers could get it! Must have sent a dozen e mails asking for it to be added.

#6 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:13 PM

Wish us virgin t v subscribers could get it! Must have sent a dozen e mails asking for it to be added.

Do you not use Premier's online service?  It's the same monthly subscription as their TV version and apparently the streaming is good.

#7 timhammonds

timhammonds
  • Coach
  • 168 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:45 PM

I prefer to watch the Championship on Premier sports to the Super League on Sky, I know the standard is lower but it is much more like the RL of old which I grew up watching.

Its not perfect I admit, Hunslet have only been on once in 2 seasons and Workington don't get on much either, there have been a couple of nights ruined by technical difficulties and the Leigh Sporting Village doesn't come across too well IMO.  Thursday night is not always possible due to the fixture schedule, last weeks match was on friday and this week was on wednesday when thursday is the night my family have got used to making other arrangements on. 

I see that the BBC have copied the commentary team and video ref with his thoughts.

I don't care for the NRL and won't be watching the World Cup with its teams of fudged nationalities, other than that it is good value for money for the Championship coverage alone.

#8 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:03 PM

Do you not use Premier's online service? It's the same monthly subscription as their TV version and apparently the streaming is good.

Watching games on the computer/laptop is such a pain, you have to sit right in front of the bluddy thing. Plus you can't (I'm guessing here) record them, so not really feasible to watch matches on Friday, Saturday and Monday mornings (NRL) on the computer.

It's time to park the camels.

2014 SQL League Leader

2014 SQL Grand Stupid Champion

#9 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:29 PM

I prefer to watch the Championship on Premier sports to the Super League on Sky, I know the standard is lower but it is much more like the RL of old which I grew up watching.

Its not perfect I admit, Hunslet have only been on once in 2 seasons and Workington don't get on much either, there have been a couple of nights ruined by technical difficulties and the Leigh Sporting Village doesn't come across too well IMO.  Thursday night is not always possible due to the fixture schedule, last weeks match was on friday and this week was on wednesday when thursday is the night my family have got used to making other arrangements on. 

I see that the BBC have copied the commentary team and video ref with his thoughts.

I don't care for the NRL and won't be watching the World Cup with its teams of fudged nationalities, other than that it is good value for money for the Championship coverage alone.

Cracking satire.

#10 colin84hunter

colin84hunter
  • Players
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:31 PM

On the player they say that everything aired is recorded, but I have sent a couple of messages to them about this as they don't all seem to record. I don't have the tv channel and I need things recorded as I can't always watch them live, so they have let me down a bit, but I believe it will get better. Apart from this i like the channel. I haven't long got into rugby league but I have fallen in love with it and this channel has help me understand more about it

#11 roughyed8

roughyed8
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:16 PM

Watching games on the computer/laptop is such a pain, you have to sit right in front of the bluddy thing. Plus you can't (I'm guessing here) record them, so not really feasible to watch matches on Friday, Saturday and Monday mornings (NRL) on the computer.

This!

#12 Whiskeymack

Whiskeymack
  • Players
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:15 PM

If you've got a laptop, and relatively modern TV, a couple of quid on a HDMI cable and you can watch it on your laptop on the tv

#13 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:09 AM

If you've got a laptop, and relatively modern TV, a couple of quid on a HDMI cable and you can watch it on your laptop on the tv

Ofc, but the main problem is not being able to record and watch later. Anyway im moving house in 6 days and they don't do virgin in that area so having to switch to sky so finally I'll have premier sports /celebration

2014 SQL League Leader

#14 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,070 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:33 AM

Oh FFS! Are you for real? Rugby league will never amount to much if it's "supporters" have that sort of attitude. I despair for our sport at times, I really do.  :angry:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#15 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:05 AM

All assuming that you have enough broadband speed to do this, which we don't.
And for some it means having to take out a more expensive broadband package i.e not limited by download limits. From what I've found it would cost an extra £6 per month to do this with BT

#16 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,518 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:16 AM

I have a 60cm Monitor so you dont need to sit right on top of it or I dont atleast. I often miss the friday and Monday games which is a pain as you say cant record. However they do seem to repeat certain games. The championship games are well done and have people who call the game properly and not spoil it like Sky. I find Andrew Henderson and Brian Noble offer good insight as well. Well done Premier Sports

#17 tuutaisrambo

tuutaisrambo
  • Coach
  • 336 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:19 AM

If you've got premier sports you can access the premier player (online version) free.......you just need to register for it online and put in your sky viewing card number.

You can't record but all the live games are available to view on demand the day after they've been on............you can view the player from any computer using the log in details and the only limit is that only one person can log in using those details at a time.............So say if you know someone who has Premier Sports and doesn't use the online player you could get them to register and give you the password and you can watch online for free  :ph34r:

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

#18 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:10 AM

If you've got premier sports you can access the premier player (online version) free.......you just need to register for it online and put in your sky viewing card number.

You can't record but all the live games are available to view on demand the day after they've been on............you can view the player from any computer using the log in details and the only limit is that only one person can log in using those details at a time.............So say if you know someone who has Premier Sports and doesn't use the online player you could get them to register and give you the password and you can watch online for free  :ph34r:

Do you have premier sports..? :D

2014 SQL League Leader

#19 tuutaisrambo

tuutaisrambo
  • Coach
  • 336 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:10 PM

no but someone i know has :ph34r:

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

#20 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,836 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:02 PM

Oh FFS! Are you for real? Rugby league will never amount to much if it's "supporters" have that sort of attitude. I despair for our sport at times, I really do.  :angry:

I guess she dosn't watch the England Cricket or RU teams either then. I am looking forward to this World Cup immensley, contrived nationalities or not. Some of those teams, i.e. Italy , Fiji or Scotland could really mess up the plans and expectd qualifiers. Should be really interesting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users