Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:18 PM

What keighley sad.

rldfsignature.jpg

#22 timhammonds

timhammonds
  • Coach
  • 168 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:30 PM

I guess she dosn't watch the England Cricket or RU teams either then. I am looking forward to this World Cup immensley, contrived nationalities or not. Some of those teams, i.e. Italy , Fiji or Scotland could really mess up the plans and expectd qualifiers. Should be really interesting.

Keighley,

I am sorry that my view of what a World Cup should be is not the same as yours, Griff9of13  or Deluded  Poms' and this is not what this thread was about.

However you recognise the existence of "contrived nationalities" and yes the expected qualifiers could have their plans messed up, but if PNG are the 5th or 6th best national side in the world but get beaten by a Scotland team strengthened by the addition of players who would have played for their birth nation if they could have been sure a first team place (not their fault if the competition comes at the wrong time in  their career or if Australia only pick from those playing in the Australian league(hence the exiles)) how is that an international upset?

I probably will watch some matches as RL is a great sport but a world cup I cannot call it.

p.s. I don't watch RU.

#23 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,879 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:49 PM

I don't like them any more than you do Tim but at this moment in time they serve a purpose until such a time that we hopefully won't need heritage players in such great numbers.

rldfsignature.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users