Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Celebrity sex allegations thread (Yewtree etc)

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,003 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:00 PM

Bloody hell.

Sometimes words are just not enough. Someone this sick will never be cured. What the answer is I aren't sure (but mine involves a large pit)

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#22 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,844 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:08 PM

Sometimes words are just not enough. Someone this sick will never be cured. What the answer is I aren't sure (but mine involves a large pit)

I rank the mothers of the children who admitted aiding and abetting it as just as bad.  I really don't get it.  What ever could be so important to their narcissistic vileness that they'll happily give up their children for abuse?

I genuinely don't know what an appropriate punishment could ever be for them.  I try to think "punishment", not "vengeance" and my mind can't think of anything suitable.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#23 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,629 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:15 PM

This is absolutely depraved. I hope Ian Watkins gets twenty years.

http://www.walesonli...-singer-6343182

This should really have been a new thread as it is not related to the Rolf Harris case.

However, rather than start yet another new thread on such an unsavoury subject, I've modified the original thread title so it will cover this as well.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#24 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,844 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:44 PM

"Police ignored complaints that Ian Watkins was a paedophile".

If proven that the police were negligent, what do you think their punishment should be?  Do you think the Police Federation would accept a disapproving look and maybe a one-day sensitivity refresher course?

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#25 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:24 PM

This is absolutely depraved. I hope Ian Watkins gets twenty years.

http://www.walesonli...-singer-6343182

I felt truly sick when I heard it on BBC News. A truly evil monster. 

#26 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,700 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

Yesterday I couldn't believe what I was reading about this case.I had to stop it was so upsetting.I feel for the jury having to sit through this,I think they may need counciling when its over

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#27 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,003 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:40 PM

If proven that the police were negligent, what do you think their punishment should be?  Do you think the Police Federation would accept a disapproving look and maybe a one-day sensitivity refresher course?

Nothing will happen but someone will issue a 'lessons have been learned' statement.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#28 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:54 PM

Nothing will happen but someone will issue a 'lessons have been learned' statement.

That's trotted out far too often. 

#29 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,066 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:10 PM

we've already put procedures in place to stop this sort of things happening ever again.

© Social Services, NHS, Police Forces, Care Homes everywhere

#30 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,142 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:32 PM

Yesterday I couldn't believe what I was reading about this case.I had to stop it was so upsetting.I feel for the jury having to sit through this,I think they may need counciling when its over

"Thankfully" his guilty plea meant that the jury did not have to be shown the evidence.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#31 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:44 PM

South Yorkshire Plod, have more form than the Kangaroos

http://www.bbc.co.uk...kshire-25168131

#32 guess who

guess who
  • Coach
  • 3,980 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:31 PM

Can any one tell me why Watkins and these two woman shouldnt be hung?

#33 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,066 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:45 PM

Mainly because we don't have the death penalty.

#34 getdownmonkeyman

getdownmonkeyman
  • Coach
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:08 AM

I'd go as far to say it is criminal negligence.

#35 guess who

guess who
  • Coach
  • 3,980 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:05 PM

Mainly because we don't have the death penalty.

And because of people like this we should have it

#36 Bigal02

Bigal02
  • Coach
  • 117 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:41 PM

Where thieves and the like tend to grow out of their criminal ways as they get older, sex criminals will have their urges until they breathe their last breath.  There is no age that they can be safely released from prison.

#37 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:45 PM

"...making indecent images of a child in 2012".

Has anbody on here been to an art gallery recently, and studied the various pictures of Cherubs & Cherubim in paintings, are these indecent because they were painted, rather than downloaded?

Actually, has anyone been to an Art Gallery EVER?

On Topic; Did anyone see the squirming BBC breakfast team interviewing Babs, Dee Dee, and another one of Pans People from Top of the Pops when they were asked about Jimmy Saville and if they suspected him of anything?

Edited by Bleep1673, 01 December 2013 - 02:49 PM.

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#38 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:10 PM

According to Wales online Watkins sent a video to his ex of him raping a 5 year old and said he would kill a child.............................

The saville documentary mat have changed the way the police deal with victims like this. His ex notified the police 5 years or so ago but didn't react. Think the guy that set the whole ball rolling with the doc deserves some sort of recognition.

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#39 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,172 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:12 PM

Has anbody on here been to an art gallery recently, and studied the various pictures of Cherubs & Cherubim in paintings, are these indecent because they were painted, rather than downloaded?

On Topic; Did anyone see the squirming BBC breakfast team interviewing Babs, Dee Dee, and another one of Pans People from Top of the Pops when they were asked about Jimmy Saville and if they suspected him of anything?

It is news to me that cherubs are intended to be sexual images or that they are supposed to be life like representations of real children.

#40 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,078 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:13 PM

:( :ohmy:

http://www.yorkshire...arges-1-6329006

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users