TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Celebrity sex allegations thread (Yewtree etc)

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,615 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:18 PM

People need to be very careful when responding to this 

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#42 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:21 PM

People need to be very careful when responding to this

We do.

This has nothing to do with rugby league though.
People called Romans they go the house

#43 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,122 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:23 PM

Innocent until proven guilty, nowt more to say.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#44 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,735 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:33 AM

This one has been convicted.

Ex-rugby ace Norman Pender faces jail for sex abuse

http://www.scotsman....abuse-1-3240644

#45 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,833 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:51 PM

Greville Janner had his house raided yesterday.

If he is subsequently charged, it would be highly embarrassing for the Labour Party and the Jewish community.

I would suspect that former officers of the Leicestershire Police Force are also following news of the enquiry  with interest.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#46 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:12 PM

Innocent until proven guilty, nowt more to say.

I always thought the law was people werent named until they were proven guilty of a crime, more and more recently people are being named and shamed then found not guilty. I think they shouldnt be named and the court process quickened up so that the course of justice is done and if the person is found guilty THEN they will be hung out to dry BUT hardly mentioned if found not guilty...

Posted Image

#47 Jasper

Jasper
  • Coach
  • 347 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:40 PM

I always thought the law was people werent named until they were proven guilty of a crime, more and more recently people are being named and shamed then found not guilty. I think they shouldnt be named and the court process quickened up so that the course of justice is done and if the person is found guilty THEN they will be hung out to dry BUT hardly mentioned if found not guilty...

Advice issued by the Attorney General's Office in recent years confirms that there is no specific offence of correctly naming an arrested person and the reason for their arrest -  however, a) it can be a contempt if you do anything other than name the person and the reason for their arrest and  b. regardless of contempt laws, you could be sued for identifying an arrested person since it could be argued the mere reporting would be likely to lower the reputation of the arrested person in the mind of others. You therefore have to have a bit of clout behind you (a national newspaper perhaps) if you name names.

The thing is that an arrest is not an indication of guilt. It's an old fashioned thing called due process. Someone makes a complaint and the police arrest the suspect to investigate it. Current instructions to police is that a police force issues a statement along the lines of a "A 34-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of such-and-such a crime". This is supposed to stop people being arrested and no one knowing. What happens next varies from force to force. Some will confirm the name of the person arrested if journalists have worked it out for themselves and some won't.  It depends on their procedure. It's then up to the media to decide whether to name them or not.

Edited by Jasper, 21 December 2013 - 09:41 PM.

#48 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,147 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:57 PM

Thread renamed based on a legitimate comment about us discussing people who are still sub-judice.   Please keep your comments to the following:

1.  For those who are not yet at trial or are during trial:  The guiding rule of thumb should be that if you haven't seen the points covered in a major media source then it's out of bounds.  We will expect to see links to those media sources if you post anything about such people.

2.  For those convicted, they're fair game as long as you follow the terms and conditions of use of the forum.

3.  For those found not guilty, they're off limits entirely for this thread.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#49 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:09 PM

According to Wales online Watkins sent a video to his ex of him raping a 5 year old and said he would kill a child.............................

The saville documentary mat have changed the way the police deal with victims like this. His ex notified the police 5 years or so ago but didn't react. Think the guy that set the whole ball rolling with the doc deserves some sort of recognition.

That is just awful and get the feeling Watkins will not survive his sentence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users