Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Wishing you luck

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#21 Penola

Penola
  • 604 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:02 AM

there's some sad green -eyed f@ks out there :rtfm: the bloke started this thread cos its his preference for Barra to stay up and merely stated some home truths.if ya cant take it butt out .best of luck to Barra (doing things the RIGHT WAY). B)

We have done it the right way and within the rules set by the RFL. If you were a suburb in a city that is mostly industrial buildings and immigrants and you had only 500 supporters and no sugar daddy what would you do? We are a fan's club who can't develop our own talent as they all go to Leeds and Leeds have been taking them for years. We have no money and low gates not like lucky gloating SL wannabies Fev. So we do what we can WITHIN THE RULES

#22 topladtownie

topladtownie
  • Coach
  • 774 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:38 AM

Good luck to the Raiders, be good to have all three Cumbrian sides

in the same league again next season.  No offence to Swinton, or Hunslet fans,

personally would like to see the Cougars go down, now that would be amusing but

highly unlikely.

#23 Spacecake

Spacecake
  • Players
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:08 AM

good luck from haven need 3 cumbrian teams in the league next season !! 

#24 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,947 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:44 AM

Good look Barrow. I sincerely hope you stay up.
Though I hate DR and all it's politics, I hope Barrow survive simply because I thoroughly enjoy our trips to Barrow and that we've met some cracking folk up there we enjoy having craic with.
Just win a the weekend folks
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#25 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:33 PM

Good luck Barrow I also hope you stay up. Stuck to what you believe in and picked your own players I will be watching the score

Just for the Hunslet and Swinton fans I believe you abused the DR system and local championship players will be lost to the game because of what you have done. U23 DR I would have no problem but McShane Moore your looking after Leeds not yourself and if you do go down the penny may drop

#26 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:26 PM

I phoned in work today and said i cant come in im sick the boss asked how sick are you .well at the moment im in bed with my sister i replied

post of the year bar none

#27 General Salt

General Salt
  • Players
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:22 AM

Good luck Barrow I also hope you stay up. Stuck to what you believe in and picked your own players I will be watching the score

Just for the Hunslet and Swinton fans I believe you abused the DR system and local championship players will be lost to the game because of what you have done. U23 DR I would have no problem but McShane Moore your looking after Leeds not yourself and if you do go down the penny may drop

Im new to the sport but im told that Barrow were deducted 29 points for CHEATING only a few years ago?

#28 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,947 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:37 AM

Im new to the sport but im told that Barrow were deducted 29 points for CHEATING only a few years ago?

maybe so... but I believe they are slowly getting it right now. I support their approach to the DR and their tennacity to survive and work their way through the mess left to them through that era.

#29 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:38 AM

Quite a lot of teams cheat but get away with it, I'm quite glad we got caught as we'd probably be in a much bigger mess now I think

#30 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 583 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:08 AM

In reply to "JT" and others I'm still waiting for someone to offer evidence as to how Swinton have "abused" the DR system? Instead of repeating hear say from down the pub give us some actual facts. E.g. Of the 13 that beat Barrow 22-0 eleven were bona fide Lions players, & 2 were DR, young players who have never been Wolves regulars & one of whom was only playing coz our full-back Hawkyard was suspended. Before anyone spouts Morley & Briers, Morley has played once (in the NR Cup) and Briers once, both when recovering from injury. Not ideal I admit, but hardly abuse and an unfair advantage.

#31 General Salt

General Salt
  • Players
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:19 AM

maybe so... but I believe they are slowly getting it right now. I support their approach to the DR and their tennacity to survive and work their way through the mess left to them through that era.

But you don't support Hunslets tenacity to survive which doesn't involve CHEATING but only involves utilising a Dual reg system brought in by the RFL under RFL rules and regulations? I'm confused!

#32 General Salt

General Salt
  • Players
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:20 AM

Quite a lot of teams cheat but get away with it, I'm quite glad we got caught as we'd probably be in a much bigger mess now I think

That's a strong allegation, care to name them?

#33 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:29 AM

Hi guys, I just want to say the very best of luck to you this Sunday, you deserve to stay in this division if not only for refusing to join in the dual reg farce. We will be doing our best to spank Hunslet this Sunday and send them down instead of you, it's just a shame that they can't go down with Swinton as the worse offenders of using established current SL players.
Yours is always one of our favourite away days, this season around 50 of us stayed overnight and had a great time, made to feel most welcome by the locals and I for one want to do it all again next season so shut mouthy March up and send them packing with their botty's spanked.

My mate Ben Hellewell has been briefed of what is required this sunday.

Good luck from all at fev

#####.!

#34 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:50 AM

That's a strong allegation, care to name them?

You'll find out come the end of the season

Edited by raiders96, 31 August 2013 - 09:51 AM.

#35 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,947 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:19 AM

But you don't support Hunslets tenacity to survive which doesn't involve CHEATING but only involves utilising a Dual reg system brought in by the RFL under RFL rules and regulations? I'm confused!

The people running Barrow now are guilty of nowt. Nor are their fans who are left with their bod picking up whhat's left of their club.

I suppose it's a matter of opinions/choice.

I like Barrow and have met many of their fans who's company I enjoy. We have always been made welcome there and because of those experiences a good many of us have a soft spot for Barrow.

They chose not to support the DR system as other clubs have but to continue with "THEIR" on squad and keep championship players in the championship.

Though the RFL have ratified the use of the DR system I (and a good many others) abhor the system and would prefer to see a club in the championship that gives lads a chance rather than leaving them out to support a SL clubs players re-hab, fitness levels etc etc and all the other arguments that have been proliferated re the DR system.

It's just a matter of choice..... which team would I prefer in the championship next year?? I don't hate hunslet, their fans or club. I just prefer Barrow for lots of reasons as mentioned and some reasons I choose not to post on public fora.

#36 goudie

goudie
  • Coach
  • 525 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:47 AM

The people running Barrow now are guilty of nowt. Nor are their fans who are left with their bod picking up whhat's left of their club.

I suppose it's a matter of opinions/choice.

I like Barrow and have met many of their fans who's company I enjoy. We have always been made welcome there and because of those experiences a good many of us have a soft spot for Barrow.

They chose not to support the DR system as other clubs have but to continue with "THEIR" on squad and keep championship players in the championship.

Though the RFL have ratified the use of the DR system I (and a good many others) abhor the system and would prefer to see a club in the championship that gives lads a chance rather than leaving them out to support a SL clubs players re-hab, fitness levels etc etc and all the other arguments that have been proliferated re the DR system.

It's just a matter of choice..... which team would I prefer in the championship next year?? I don't hate hunslet, their fans or club. I just prefer Barrow for lots of reasons as mentioned and some reasons I choose not to post on public fora.

One Doffs ones cap Robin,

And we at Barrow appreciate everbody's Good Wishes from one and all.!!!

Goudie.

Posted Image

BARROW RAIDER's
CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER's
NORTHERN RAIL CUP FINALIST's
CHAMPIONSHIP GRAND FINAL WINNER's

Stevo say's: I cant see anything but a win for Castleford!!!

#37 Walney Bill

Walney Bill
  • Players
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:53 AM

It must have taken a while for the news to get over to your place....

It was the end of the 2011 season when Barrow were deducted the points.

Practically (bar 1 game this weekend) 2 years on, the BOD are doing an outstanding job trying to clear up the mess left from that period.

Are you suggesting that cheating financial irregularities are still going on now at the club?

I think the comments from fans of other clubs are complimentary for not using the Dual Reg system, even though we are struggling at the foot of the table. It could have been an easy option cop out to tie ourselves up with a SL club but the BOD chose not to. Instead sticking with the vast majority of local lads and making use of the Loan System.

Edited by Walney Bill, 31 August 2013 - 11:06 AM.

#38 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:17 AM

Swinton, Hunslet et al are doing nothing wrong.
The RFL set the rules and some teams chose to to apply them and others didn't.
Unfortunately, someone has to be relegated. I hope it's not us and if we do stay up I will feel for the fans of that relegated club.
But whatever happens tomorrow I'd like to say thanks to all the fans and all the players of every club that have given me some lovely days out this season.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#39 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:35 AM

Unfortunately, someone has to be relegated. I hope it's not us and if we do stay up I will feel for the fans of that relegated club.
But whatever happens tomorrow I'd like to say thanks to all the fans and all the players of every club that have given me some lovely days out this season.

I'll 2nd that this D/R lie's with the RFL not the clubs , all the best..................

#40 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:38 AM

spot on there mate. All the best
hunslet hawks champions 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users