Photo
- - - - -

Club Wembley - Ring of indifference - What is the deal?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Rob

Rob
  • Coach
  • 516 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

There is a 'sponsored' article on it published on Aug 23rd in The Telegraph - basically an advert - for people to join Club Wembley.

http://www.telegraph...d-to-match.html

The Challenge Cup Final is not listed as one of the key selling points, and as has been pointed out, very few Club Wembley patrons take up their seats for the Challenge Cup Final.

There are also quite a few events at Wembley which are not covered by the Club Wembley deal, such as the upcoming RU matches.

When this is next negotiated, perhaps the RFL should exclude themselves from the Club Wembley deal, so that they can sell the seats direct, just like the other sporting events do.

Individual memberships continue until 2017. Is it fair to assume that from this date onwards the RFL could negotiate themselves out of future Club Wembley deals?

#2 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 818 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:07 PM

You have to look in the core events to find any mention of the Challenge Cup Final- thankfully the World Cup semis are excluded from the package.

Edited by flyingking, 29 August 2013 - 07:07 PM.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#3 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:35 PM

Wasn't the original deal (before I do any internet searching) a debenture that included all FA Cup Finals, all England Home International matches, the RL Challenge Cup Final and also any concerts in the summer?

I can see reasons there for football fans not to turn up to the Cup Final
1. They are not interested
2. They are watching normal season football at their respective clubs?

We will never get a full Cub Wembley whilst the game is played at the same time as Premiership football games. We've consistently seen Club Wembley no more than 15% full and I can only see that level continuing.

#4 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:45 AM

The 2011 Four nations double header was excluded from the Club Wembley ticket so managed to get me and my brother tickets on the 40 metre line, in club wembley, for a tenner each. Outstanding!

Was sat in Club Wembley last week too, one thing I can say about the ring of indifference is that you get served pretty sharpish without any queues!!

#5 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,880 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:52 AM

If there are no queues then why does it take ten minutes into the second half for CW occupants to get back to their seats?

rldfsignature.jpg

#6 Kenny Bania

Kenny Bania
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:07 AM

The 2011 Four nations double header was excluded from the Club Wembley ticket so managed to get me and my brother tickets on the 40 metre line, in club wembley, for a tenner each. Outstanding!

Was sat in Club Wembley last week too, one thing I can say about the ring of indifference is that you get served pretty sharpish without any queues!!

Yeah, I was sat there for the JPT Final in April (Southend v Crewe). Couldn't believe how much better the service was there. Still over £4.50 for a pint of ###### water lager of course...

#7 brooza

brooza
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:54 AM

I bumped into a couple of people on the train on the way in that had been given a couple of CW tickets from their boss that morning! They were both looking forward to it, one was supporting Hull and the other was supporting Wigan.

I also bumped into a guy with his grandson that had a couple from somewhere. Christ knows where they got their information from about what was happening though. They were supporting Hull but the kid happened to be wearing a red/white hooped top, and they thought kickoff was 15:30 and that Harlequins were playing! :laugh:

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#8 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:12 AM

There is a 'sponsored' article on it published on Aug 23rd in The Telegraph - basically an advert - for people to join Club Wembley.

http://www.telegraph...d-to-match.html

The Challenge Cup Final is not listed as one of the key selling points, and as has been pointed out, very few Club Wembley patrons take up their seats for the Challenge Cup Final.

There are also quite a few events at Wembley which are not covered by the Club Wembley deal, such as the upcoming RU matches.

When this is next negotiated, perhaps the RFL should exclude themselves from the Club Wembley deal, so that they can sell the seats direct, just like the other sporting events do.

Individual memberships continue until 2017. Is it fair to assume that from this date onwards the RFL could negotiate themselves out of future Club Wembley deals?

Sounds fine in principle, but watching the game on TV it was pretty clear that the rest of the ground hadn't been sold out either, so if the [presumably] small amount the RFL receives from Club Wembley is turned down it may, in fact, mean lower overall income from the game.

Edited by Bulliac, 30 August 2013 - 10:12 AM.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#9 SE4Wire

SE4Wire
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:13 PM

If there are no queues then why does it take ten minutes into the second half for CW occupants to get back to their seats?

Because you need to get back to get back to table in hospitality, tuck into your pint, order another one for the second half, get said second pint while finishing first then head back to seats.

#10 SE4Wire

SE4Wire
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:15 PM

Sounds fine in principle, but watching the game on TV it was pretty clear that the rest of the ground hadn't been sold out either, so if the [presumably] small amount the RFL receives from Club Wembley is turned down it may, in fact, mean lower overall income from the game.

Why presumably small? I would have thought it would have been a decent chunk, ie the equivalent to the money they would get from that many top priced tickets.

#11 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,880 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:16 PM

Because you need to get back to get back to table in hospitality, tuck into your pint, order another one for the second half, get said second pint while finishing first then head back to seats.

You lightweight Cheshire folk obviously can't drink ;)

rldfsignature.jpg

#12 SE4Wire

SE4Wire
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:21 PM

You lightweight Cheshire folk obviously can't drink ;)

It's more the serving time honest guv.

Also there was only about 3/4 pint in it which actually meant there was little enough to tip into one plastic as soon as second arrived. Plus I was near the hosp so it wasn't too bad, was back at seat for second half kick off.

#13 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:32 PM

Why doesnt the RFL make a push to get the Club Wembley debenture owners to turn up? Why not go and actively market to get them in?

#14 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,724 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:53 PM

Why doesnt the RFL make a push to get the Club Wembley debenture owners to turn up? Why not go and actively market to get them in?

is it worth spending money to get freebies in?

#15 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:05 PM

is it worth spending money to get freebies in?

Rephrase to "is it worth spending money to get freebies in so that bit will look far better on tv and to potential sponsors"

Answer: yes

#16 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,724 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:07 PM

Rephrase to "is it worth spending money to get freebies in so that bit will look far better on tv and to potential sponsors"

Answer: yes

how much is it worth?

sending an email yep i agree. Any more than that is a waste.

#17 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:45 PM

how much is it worth?

sending an email yep i agree. Any more than that is a waste.

What about sending an international over tonthe head offices to give a presentation?

#18 SE4Wire

SE4Wire
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:35 PM

What about sending an international over tonthe head offices to give a presentation?

Whose head offices?

#19 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:33 AM

Whose head offices?

Those of the debenture holders. I'm presumimg that companies by blocks of seats for corporate entertaining. I'd be surprised if seats were purchased by individuals

#20 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,724 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:43 AM

Those of the debenture holders. I'm presumimg that companies by blocks of seats for corporate entertaining. I'd be surprised if seats were purchased by individuals

probably a mixture of both, there are 18k of these.
like I say, sound idea in principle but the main focus is on sellingvtickets to people who will pay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users