Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

2014 Squad

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#21 phildog

phildog
  • 317 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

Hope that JK is keeping his eye on the James Green situation. We had great success with him, and was surprised that when he didn't have any luck on his HKR return, he went to Fev. They haven't offered him anything for 2014, so what's his position now?

#22 phildog

phildog
  • 317 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

Talking of nicknames, wonder why Ghulam (!!) Abed never got one? Who? I hear many of you say!! (1964/5 centre/goalkicker).

#23 mountieman21

mountieman21
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

We called him the obvious. Goolie!!!!

#24 mountieman21

mountieman21
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:35 PM

Ha ha.Bit slow there there Phildog.See what you mean.You did say 1964-65 though.Not many brain cells left.

#25 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:52 PM

An interesting snippet in todays League Weekly linking us with an excellent prop from Featherstone. Would be a major surprise if the rumour was true.

Posted Image

#26 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

I picked this rumour up on the fev forum and would be an excellent signing if it is true! I know JK is on a deserved holiday but some more signings would cheer me up on a rainy day

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#27 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

An interesting snippet in todays League Weekly linking us with an excellent prop from Featherstone. Would be a major surprise if the rumour was true.

It's true there will probably be two on there way to you but one is not finalised yet I am led to believe

#28 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

Ooh Saxton would be nice!

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

#29 phildog

phildog
  • 317 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

I hear unofficially but from a very good source that it's Matty Dale, but don't shoot if I'm wrong!! Any Giants fans peeking in, have you any info as to the status of Mullaley, Johnson and Fairbank, 'cos there's a home here for 'em!!

#30 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 809 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

I hear unofficially but from a very good source that it's Matty Dale, but don't shoot if I'm wrong!! Any Giants fans peeking in, have you any info as to the status of Mullaley, Johnson and Fairbank, 'cos there's a home here for 'em!!

all on deals at huddersfield and thought highly off

#31 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,219 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

Matty Dale & Lamont Bryan are the two according to the rumours at Fev.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#32 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

Matty Dale & Lamont Bryan are the two according to the rumours at Fev.

Lamont Bryan would be a good signing for you guys - like phil joseph with a bit of pace.

#33 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

Hearing Bryan.....but not hearing Dale. Another name mooted, and I'm inclined to believe it given that recruiting another second-row man wouldn't seem to make a lot of sense.

Posted Image

#34 bromleybulldog

bromleybulldog
  • Coach
  • 338 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:14 AM

Lamont Bryan would be a great signing. I have a suspicion JK might see him not as the bulked up prop forward that Featherstone tried to make him but as a slimmed down centre to replace Jason Walton. He played centre a number of times at Harlequins (as they were at the time) and looked devastating. Never understood why Featherstone tried to make him into a prop. Less a few kilos he could be a great centre.

#35 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:23 AM

I agree a hard running and a good off loader/passer of the ball and just what our wingers need to rattle up the points.

#36 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:26 PM

[quote name="Nick07" post="2806371" timestamp="1381513369"]

[quote name="Nick07" post="2777787" timestamp="1377804571"]

Miles Geeenwood (full back)

Johnny Campbell (wing & full back)
Vinny Finnegan (wing)

Ayden Faal (centre & second row)
Lee Paterson (centre & wing) G/kicker

Ben Black (stand off)
Scott Leatherbarrow (Scrum Half) G/kicker

Alistair Leak (Hooker/Scrum Half)
Anthony Nicholson (Hooker)
Luke Blake (Hooker and Loose Forward)

Byron Smith (prop)
Alex Rowe (prop)

John Davies (second row)
Sam Scott (second row)

Mark Applegarth (utility forward)
Jay Leary (utility forward)
Joe Chandler (utility forward & centre)

Left (confirmed):

Tom Henmimgway (Dewsbury)
Danny Whitmore (Oldham)
Gareth Potts (Fax)
Paul Mennell (Fax)
Liam Walmsley (Fev)
George Flanagan (Fev)
Keegan Hirst (Fev)
Gareth Moore (Fev)
Jason Walton (Salford)
Greg Johnson (Salford)
Danny Maun (Hunslet)[/quote]

Edited by Nick07, 21 October 2013 - 08:37 PM.

#37 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

Still looking very light in the pack and the three quarters for me.

another back rower plus Ash resigning, 3 props, 2 centres and another winger and we'll look something like.

Jurys out for me on Bryant. Seen him make some banrstorming runs but also drop a few clangers, hes a bit like Jon Simpson with a bit of determination.

Edited by buford t justice, 17 October 2013 - 12:51 PM.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#38 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:08 PM

Still looking very light in the pack and the three quarters for me.

another back rower plus Ash resigning, 3 props, 2 centres and another winger and we'll look something like.

Jurys out for me on Bryant. Seen him make some banrstorming runs but also drop a few clangers, hes a bit like Jon Simpson with a bit of determination.

Reckon this time next year, you'll be talking about Bryant as being a candidate for the Batley man of steel - you'll see. ;)

#39 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 809 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

Heard matty james from fev could be the prop

#40 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

Heard matty james from fev could be the prop