Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Good news!

Chairman tweets

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:23 PM

"Great news, will be a definite route into super league 2 if @YorkKnightsRLFC win the league, 2014 is a massive year for the club now."

#LovelyStuff :D

Edited by Gav Wilson, 30 August 2013 - 05:23 PM.

Posted Image

#2 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:44 PM

Holy Carp! What about playoffs? And is what people were saying about 4 or 5 teams getting relegated from the championship correct?

Edited by YCKonstantine, 30 August 2013 - 05:46 PM.

It's time to park the camels.

#3 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,847 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:33 PM

"Great news, will be a definite route into super league 2 if @YorkKnightsRLFC win the league, 2014 is a massive year for the club now."

Could we have a bit more detail on the "definate route" into SL2? Would winning the league mean automatic promotion or would in mean a play off with the bottom Championship club? Or any other permitations?

#4 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:35 PM

hmmmmm, so what does this mean?

Im lost with all of this ######, can someone elaborate please?

#5 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:48 PM

You would have to finish above your friends from South Leeds....assuming they don't wallop Fev!

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#6 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:22 PM

You would have to finish above your friends from South Leeds....assuming they don't wallop Fev!

Reckon PM and his lads will put a show on at Barrow..

#7 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:55 PM

So many questions but too many pages on the topic on the general board! What's the tv deal going to be like? Sky, premier, shared? Also the one shadow asked. Is there an official release of the news?

It's time to park the camels.

#8 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:13 PM

So many questions but too many pages on the topic on the general board! What's the tv deal going to be like? Sky, premier, shared? Also the one shadow asked. Is there an official release of the news?

exactly. but this is a big announcement or should i say leak (?) by the chairman of a club that has obviously  been at a meeting regarding the future of, super league, super league 2 and the championships. or what ever it is going to be! there should be an official news release to state what is going on, Cmon Gav! :rtfm:

Edited by shun, 30 August 2013 - 08:13 PM.

#9 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:28 AM

exactly. but this is a big announcement or should i say leak (?) by the chairman of a club that has obviously  been at a meeting regarding the future of, super league, super league 2 and the championships. or what ever it is going to be! there should be an official news release to state what is going on, Cmon Gav! :rtfm:

When I know, you will know!

Posted Image

#10 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,847 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:03 AM

When I know, you will know!

Are you not the clubs "media officer"? Would have thought you'd have known by now

#11 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:06 PM

Are you not the clubs "media officer"? Would have thought you'd have known by now

The club doesn't know yet, and I wouldn't be surprised if the RFL still didn't either.

I've been trying to find out both on behalf of York and LoveRugbyLeague.com, with no joy as yet!

Posted Image

#12 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:24 PM

The club doesn't know yet, and I wouldn't be surprised if the RFL still didn't either.

I've been trying to find out both on behalf of York and LoveRugbyLeague.com, with no joy as yet!

Why post it if you don't know anything Gav got a feeling there's only one team being relegated but its only here say.
chappy

#13 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

Why post it if you don't know anything Gav got a feeling there's only one team being relegated but its only here say.

I didn't post it, the Chairman did.

Posted Image

#14 terry gell

terry gell
  • Facebook
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:59 PM

Will season ticket prices be reduced now we in champ 1 cause theyll be fewer games im led to beleive

#15 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,847 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:17 PM

Will season ticket prices be reduced now we in champ 1 cause theyll be fewer games im led to beleive

Yes, its mentioned in today's press article. If you've already bought one your overpayment will be refunded

#16 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,847 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:20 PM

I didn't post it, the Chairman did.

Splitting hairs Gav. You posted a link to the chairmans tweet, you "work" for said chairman, are the lines of communication really that bad?

#17 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:32 PM

Splitting hairs Gav. You posted a link to the chairmans tweet, you "work" for said chairman, are the lines of communication really that bad?

Not between me an John they aren't.

As I said, as soon as the RFL know, the Knights will know, then the fans will know!

Posted Image

#18 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,847 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:45 PM

Gav if the lines of communication between you and the chairman are good, then from the above tweet the chairman is aware that they "will be a definate route into super league 2", he must be aware of the options the RL have offered? So what are the options?

#19 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:53 PM

Gav if the lines of communication between you and the chairman are good, then from the above tweet the chairman is aware that they "will be a definate route into super league 2", he must be aware of the options the RL have offered? So what are the options?

They haven't offered any definite options yet, other than an assurance to York that there will be a route in to SL2 next season.

I promise you, as soon as we know, you will know!

Posted Image

#20 PeteM

PeteM
  • Coach
  • 266 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:58 PM

All in today's Press. Nothing official, no decision yet taken, but from what I've heard there will most probably be a way back up in 2014.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users