Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Salford's surprise signing is..

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#21 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:20 PM

how many foreign players would that make then?Is there room for chase? (I still think he's off to NRL)

I think the biggest problem for Salford next year, will not be the salary cap, but the rules on club trained or federation trained players. Does Nobby knows the rules have changed since his days at the Bulls?

#22 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,875 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:21 PM

I think the biggest problem for Salford next year, will not be the salary cap, but the rules on club trained or federation trained players. Does Nobby knows the rules have changed since his days at the Bulls?

that's why i ask as I genuinely don't know
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#23 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:34 PM

that's why i ask as I genuinely don't know

We'll have to wait until next Thursday to see who is actually going to sign & who is just a rumour, but there have been a lot of players mentioned and almost all of them have been foreign.

This year SL clubs had to have at least 8 club trained players & no more than 5 non federation trained players, in their 25 man squad. Maybe Nobby will get under the rules by some of the old hands he will sign being classed as federation trained as they have been here before the rules came in.

#24 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,000 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:39 PM

No Broughton he is off to Huddersfield.

no hock............staying at widnes.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#25 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:55 PM

Care to back that up with some facts, or is it just ill thought out lazy male genitals?
Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

#26 carlos

carlos
  • Coach
  • 417 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:57 PM

no hock............staying at widnes.

just have to wait n see, but I've been told the deals that I've mentioned are done, are done, and the others are about to!

All the others , apart from Hansen , who was in the end promised a testimonial, and Dobson, who KR rejected deal, have come through.

#27 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:17 PM

Care to back that up with some facts, or is it just ill thought out lazy ######?

Eh?

#28 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:47 PM

Still fingers crossed for Hohaia to sign for Salford

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#29 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:53 PM

I think he might have looked into it.....

#30 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:54 PM

We'll have to wait until next Thursday to see who is actually going to sign & who is just a rumour, but there have been a lot of players mentioned and almost all of them have been foreign.

This year SL clubs had to have at least 8 club trained players & no more than 5 non federation trained players, in their 25 man squad. Maybe Nobby will get under the rules by some of the old hands he will sign being classed as federation trained as they have been here before the rules came in.

At least one of the 'nailed on' signings being announced is a club trained player.

#31 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,896 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:41 AM

We may even end up going down, to come back stronger.

Sounds a good strategy, should all SL clubs aim for relegation then?

#32 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:43 AM

http://www.dailystar...efield-Wildcats

Posted Image

#33 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,875 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:48 AM

http://www.dailystar...efield-Wildcats

This makes the Chase signing even more unlikely in my opinion
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#34 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 17,950 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:10 AM

Hope the RFL are going to be scrutinising Salfords books. No way can they keep all these signings under the cap.

Come off it, they haven't signed one single marquee player.

They are signing a lot of good cast-offs that have made their name for off-field antics.

Edited by Padge, 31 August 2013 - 08:13 AM.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#35 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 17,950 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:16 AM

This makes the Chase signing even more unlikely in my opinion

It would seem like it. Maybe Salford got sick of Chase's agent playing off of one club against another.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#36 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:20 AM

It would seem like it. Maybe Salford got sick of Chase's agent playing off of one club against another.

You're at straws here. Wait til Thursday......

#37 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:32 AM

Sounds a good strategy, should all SL clubs aim for relegation then?

I didn't say they should aim for relegation. However I would rather see Wakey invest the money they do have in making the club successful & sustainable for the long term, rather than chucking all the money they do have at the first team squad simply to avoid being relegated.

Bumbling along in the lower reaches of SL season after season isn't the be all and end all for me. There is a reason why after 15 seasons of SL, simply making the play-offs is seen as a major achievement for Wakey. Imagine if Wakey had had a sensible long-term plan when they first came into SL, rather than chucking everything at a succession of fairly average players year after year.

#38 Doghead

Doghead
  • Coach
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:35 AM

Hope the RFL are going to be scrutinising Salfords books. No way can they keep all these signings under the cap.

Warrington do.

#39 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,167 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:46 AM

Warrington do.

what signings have Warrington made? How many did they make this year?

#40 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:04 AM

http://www.wakefield...airman/2013/08/
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users