TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Salford's surprise signing is..

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#61 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:27 PM

In the 3.00 the Doc has 2 runners at the mo - `Our Red Devil` and also `Brian Noble` - sponsored by `BETFRED RED DEVILS´ - getting interesting isnt it and Dr Koukash continues to give Rugby League in general a great push. Well done that man.

On Thursday 5th September when Salford have a 12 o'clock press conference to announce new signings. the Good Doctor has a horse running in the 2.00pm at Haydock. It's called "Rangi Chase". Gosh, could this be some sort of clue?

How classless can one man be. Not even announced and he's named a horse after him. Can't stand the bloke and hope it all goes pearshaped at Salford next season.

#62 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:28 PM

How classless can one man be. Not even announced and he's named a horse after him. Can't stand the bloke and hope it all goes pearshaped at Salford next season.

I agree, hate people who try to improve and put money into our game.

Good riddance.

#63 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,998 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:38 PM

Dr K could at least have sponsored the full race and called it the Rangi just so it wasn't so obvious.

rldfsignature.jpg

#64 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:42 PM

and Tomkins is staying at wigan, eastmond is going back to saints and theres 110lb of bacon flying over my house!

Only going off Wakefield's release today. Obviously if someone offered 400k for him things could quickly change!

Posted Image

#65 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:43 PM

I think he's absolutely brilliant and long may it continue!

Posted Image

#66 goldcoaster

goldcoaster
  • Coach
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:43 PM

RLW Mole reporting Aussies Jake Mullaney and Brett Hodgson have also signed for Salford. Seriously, Salford will have so many Aussies next year they'll make Hull KR look like a beacon for English player development
Posted Image

Posted Image

#67 Red John

Red John
  • Coach
  • 227 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:50 PM

RLW Mole reporting Aussies Jake Mullaney and Brett Hodgson have also signed for Salford. Seriously, Salford will have so many Aussies next year they'll make Hull KR look like a beacon for English player development

There are only so many non-federation players you can have, so, unless there's some jiggery pokery going on, I can't see either of these being true. The Mole is in the dark.

#68 RLDave

RLDave
  • Coach
  • 800 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:29 PM

I thought hodgson was (rightly) retiring?
@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

#69 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,790 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:31 PM

I think Koukash is great.  Naming his horses shows he has a sense of humour too.  Unlike some people! ;)

#70 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:34 PM

There are only so many non-federation players you can have, so, unless there's some jiggery pokery going on, I can't see either of these being true. The Mole is in the dark.

trent jiggery and nathan pokery will be signing from western hemeroids next week

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#71 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,017 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:20 PM

I think he's absolutely brilliant and long may it continue!

You think publicly announcing that he will not adhere to the salary cap is brilliant?
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#72 John Connor

John Connor
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:27 PM

I think Meli & McPherson are exempt & counted as Federation trained players (as Meli was here when the rules changed in 2008 & McPherson was left high & dry when Crusaders went belly up). Puletua, Rapira, Sau, Jordan Davies & Chase should all count as non-federation trained (limit 5). Fages, Evalds & Owen will all be classed as club-trained (at least 8 required). Adam Walne, Jordan Walne & Will Hope would also be club trained if they are part of the 25 next year.

Should be interesting to see what comes out of next Thursday's launch. Expect a few other players to be on an exemption.

Interesting post. I agree with Red John's post In that I can't see Davies being counted as non fed. But Smith certainly will, taking us to five.

Based on the most persistent rumours that would give:

Non-fed:       Chase(?), Smith. Puletua, Rapira, Sa'u

Fed trained:  Meli, Gleeson, Williams, McPherson, Lee(?), Hock (?), Emmitt, Dixon, Ashurst, Wilde (?), Griffin, Morley, Davies, McGoldrick(?) 

Home grown: Fages, Walne. A.,Walne,J., Evalds, Walton, Owen, Hope, Tyson, Ford(?), Ajwang(?), Holmes(?), Davidson(?)

This is based on assuming the rumours of Sneyd spending a year at Castleford and Jewitt moving on are true. ( And I didn't notice any horses called Marc Sneyd or Lee Jewitt listed to run at Haydock).

This would mean we would need to lose two of the 'fed-trained' players listed above. Unless the union convert Davies was somehow counted as 'home grown', (He did play for Eccles, I don't know if that helps.)

It also leaves us without a big name full back ( although I would be perfectly happy with Niall Evalds)

So it looks like we will either see some 'exemptions' or further departures on Thursday.

Of course, the other possibility is to bring in a 'home grown' player. Possibilities would be Stefan Ratchford, Jordan Turner, Mike Platt (Nobby likes 'experience') or even Manly prop David Gower(He did two years, is that enough?)

Edited by John Connor, 31 August 2013 - 08:38 PM.

#73 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:31 PM

Chuff me Snapski, them grapes on Cas market must be sour.

This bloke is ploughing millions into our game and promoting it via the second biggest spectator sport in the land, what's not to like?

It's not like the Chase move to Salford hasn't been telegraphed for months.

#74 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:34 PM

You think publicly announcing that he will not adhere to the salary cap is brilliant?

The salary cap is an artificial construct that holds back our biggest clubs, while sending smaller clubs (who see it as a target, not a limit) to the wall.

Keep on Dr K

#75 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:56 PM

Jordan Davies is British. He played amateur RL in Salford then went to union for a while before being upgraded back into League by Salford. Won't he count as Federation trained?

Federation trained is that they spent 3 seasons basically with a SL team before they were 21. Club trained is that they spent it with that club. Jordan Davies probably wasn't with a SL team for 3 seasons before he was 21 so should be non-federation trained. There may be some work around, but the idea is to encourage clubs to produce their own players & clearly Jordan Davies isn't a product of the Salford system.

#76 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:04 PM

How very sad for you then. Dr K is just the sort of person we want in rugby league. Just consider how much more interesting Salford have been since he bought them. There is a real chance that Salford could compete for something next year, which is a massive step forward. If I was unlucky enough to be a Salford fan, I'd be quite looking forward to 2014.

#77 Segovia Carpet

Segovia Carpet
  • Coach
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:25 PM

Dearie me Snapski - think outside of Cas for a minute. The Dr has helped to stabilise Cas & Wakey by paying (unheard of nowadays) transfer fees to the CLUBS. It stays in the game not in a players pocket. We need many more Koukash`s in the game.

#78 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:34 PM

I spoke to the guy who told me this earlier today to tell him looks like it ain't true and he told me its still happening and that rejection was days ago. ! Will see hey. You seem to disapprove of anything i put on here yet i guess you'll find out in a few days.

I know now!

It is not happening

I suggest you find a new source

#79 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:42 PM

I find the 'sugar daddy' comments quite poor from people in official roles. It reads a little like feeling sorry for yourself.

The biggest and best clubs are the biggest and best clubs because they are run the best - irrespective of a sugar daddy.

Think you're being over sensitive but now you've brought it up,
Do you honestly think Warrington would be we're they are without Morans money or willingness to underwright the profitable initiatives that have helped wire become sustainable.

Would Huddersfield be looking at winning the LLS without Davy's money behind them, seriously, on crowds of 6,000 or 7,000?

#80 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,832 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:01 AM

Think you're being over sensitive but now you've brought it up,
Do you honestly think Warrington would be we're they are without Morans money or willingness to underwright the profitable initiatives that have helped wire become sustainable.

Would Huddersfield be looking at winning the LLS without Davy's money behind them, seriously, on crowds of 6,000 or 7,000?

maybe, maybe not.
I do suspect though that quite often lower clubs have had at least as much shareholder investment as clubs with so-called sugar daddies.
We know that Wilkinson at Salford and Hudgell (?) at KR have invested millions for example, but because the infrastructures of those clubs werent great that investment was just to pay bills. Same with Hughes and others at London.
Morans investment was able to be spent on nice additional things to drive the club forward due to a whole range of other things being right about the club, including local investment, good crowds and strong management.
Weaker clubs fail due to poor infrastructure not lack of sugar daddy. Clubs with sugar daddies still fail if the infrastructure is not right - that is my point, and Wakefield blaming a lack of sugar daddy for their woes is a poor excuse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users