Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Change of Venue!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:54 AM

Possibly most bizarre post ever on here. Today's game between Thatto heath Crusaders and Skirlaugh will now be played on Platts Field (St.Helens Wildboars/Thatto Heath Junior pitch and the one that you drive past on the main road into Thatto Heath from the M62) due to an RFL Contractor driving a tractor into the posts whilst cutting the grass on the 1st team pitch at Thatto Heath yesterday and knocking them over!

They have been resurrected but aren't deemed safe and as a result all games on the pitch this weekend will now be played on Platts Field. Still getting changed at the clubhouse but will need to walk around to the pitch. 

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#2 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:45 AM

Well done for getting the game on.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#3 Impartial Observer

Impartial Observer
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:47 PM

It wouldnt have happened in the winter.

#4 groundsman

groundsman
  • Coach
  • 809 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:18 PM

Its the first time I have ever known a game to be stopped while a player was sent to change his shirt because it was covered in dog ######, I was at the game & and think thatto should have inspected pitch before game started, I know the freak accident caused the problem but at our home ground we have a duty to inspect pitches prior to matched to make sure this does to happen ?

#5 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:26 PM

I agree isn't on. There was an inspection by members of Thatto Heath's committee and volunteers and also again by the match officials prior to K.O. Obviously it is unfortunate that some was missed and I can only apologise on behalf of the club and hope that we never have to play on there again! All the best for the rest of the season!

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users