Thackray
Phillips B
Stack
Robinson

Olstrum
Morris
Acton
Rooney

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#2 maripins

maripins
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:02 PM

HT Fax 18 Town 6

#3 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:29 PM

40-12 to Fax now

#4 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

40-18 Connor try for Town

#5 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:39 PM

Proud of that effort ,well done Town.

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#6 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:42 PM

Job done . Something tangible to show for a good first season .

#7 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 881 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:43 PM

Look out batley

#8 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:47 PM

Well they'll know our capabilities and we know there's nothing to fear . Get freshened up and all our guys out with maybe some help from Widnes who are finished and have one last mighty shot . Long time to put your feet up after this !!!

#9 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 881 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

We could only have Hulme isn't it due to number of games played?
Unsure of craven or Lawton they had a few?

#10 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

Yeh forgot that . They'll work that out in the week no doubt and maybe get those eligible

#11 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 999 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:06 PM

Well done Town a great effort, we have done what we had to do and more, proud of the team, top of the Cumbrian 3 where we should be ;)  lets get some body's back and give it a good go in the playoffs.

#12 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,979 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

Well done Town a great effort, we have done what we had to do and more, proud of the team, top of the Cumbrian 3 where we should be ;)  lets get some body's back and give it a good go in the playoffs.

That's our next problem. Will we be able to get any bodies back for next week otherwise it could be a game too far for those who played today carrying injuries.

Just digressing there but Haven used a 17 year old kid from the Academy at Lillyhall today in their team and 2 others as 18th and 19th man. Could we not try this avenue when we are struggling?

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#13 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

That's our next problem. Will we be able to get any bodies back for next week otherwise it could be a game too far for those who played today carrying injuries.

Just digressing there but Haven used a 17 year old kid from the Academy at Lillyhall today in their team and 2 others as 18th and 19th man. Could we not try this avenue when we are struggling?

i thought you were going to be utilised a lot more this season than you have been K.T,i was looking forward to you streaking down the wing .......

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#14 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

No streaking please

#15 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:54 PM

Well done Town, defo best in Cumbria this season, we just pulled it off last game of season, looking forward to derbies next season.

#16 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

On my way back from the game and that was a brilliant effort from the lads. We played some good rugby and something to build on for next sesson

#17 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,979 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:01 PM

i thought you were going to be utilised a lot more this season than you have been K.T,i was looking forward to you streaking down the wing .......

Charlo said that there was another couple had taken knocks today so both of us might be needed next week but I wont be streaking!!!!

#18 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:07 PM

We could only have Hulme isn't it due to number of games played?
Unsure of craven or Lawton they had a few?

Hulme and I think Flynn are the only two that have played enough games to be able to qualify for the play offs , I will oly wish you all well for a great season when its over and its far from over yet. Batley are by no means unbeatable

Edited by wonderofwood, 01 September 2013 - 05:09 PM.

#19 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

Is Brett Carter injured ?

#20 Kiddzyy69

Kiddzyy69
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

Look out batley

hahaha why?its Unlikely you'll beat us again,we was on a poor run and you got a lucky try in the last minuete

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users