Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Staying up

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 MICKY1920

MICKY1920
  • Coach
  • 250 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=N1ZArkWde0g

I will post match highlights later.

Visit my Rugby Video highlights page

http://www.youtube.com/user/MICKY1920

#22 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

Well done Barrow; A great set of fans that deserve what your club have achieved against the odds; (Fev fan)

#23 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:50 PM

Well done Barrow and a great tonic for Darren.

All the best

Riggy

Swinton

See you next season

hi Riggy... so we both survived then mate well done to you guys and see you next year

Lee

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#24 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

And to you Lee

All the best

Riggy

#25 pont rover

pont rover
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:31 PM

Well done for today and the season, hopefully even better next season onwards and upwards.

#26 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:49 PM

Well done Barrow you proved alot of people wrong and done it with your own team Onwards and upwards next season

#27 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:08 PM

Well done Barrow, really pleased for the club.

"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

#28 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:11 PM

Just home and still smiling. Thanks to all the players, coaching staff and the BOD it's been a roller coaster of a season but I've loved it.
Special thanks and good luck to those players that will not be with us next year for whatever reason.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#29 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:43 PM

Well done Barrow - looking forward to visiting you again next season

#30 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:05 AM

promotion / relegation...always more entertaining. COME ON RAIDERS HERE IS TO NEXT SEASON. :drinks:  

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#31 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:21 AM

Well done Barrow, helps keep the club alive. Now the important building process starts for next season to push for a place in SL2.

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#32 guess who

guess who
  • Coach
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:16 AM

It was my first trip up to Barrow.

Cracking ground good set of fans.

It was a fair result in the end your lads did well.

One team i didnt want to go down was Barrow. Seeing as you took the stand to not use D/R players.

#33 the shootist

the shootist
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:22 AM

congratulations for staying up and not prostituting yourselves with the duel reg ######, i think that is why most rovers fans at hunslet yesterday seemed to be pulling for you.

#34 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:42 AM

It was my first trip up to Barrow.

Cracking ground good set of fans.

It was a fair result in the end your lads did well.

One team i didnt want to go down was Barrow. Seeing as you took the stand to not use D/R players.

Cheers.

Thanks must go to the great following from Keighley who helped create a cracking atmosphere.

So glad that Keighley have survived too as it's a great club, and one of my favourite away days.

Well done !

Posted Image

#35 Gus Tyson

Gus Tyson
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:50 AM

good game, a bit cagey at times.

the clear size difference showed as we started to tire, we need a big lad or 2 for next season for sure to lead the charge up front. Ive heard James gordon has been putting some beef on since he started his office based job, perhaps he might be at a propping size next season, he would go well for barrow, if whitehead can get a game then James certainly can.

the one thing which really annoyed me about yesterday was the half time speech given over the PA system, keep it limited to 2 mins and get it over.

most people near where i was stood couldnt hear each other because of the racket getting played over the speakers.

#36 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

Has Barrow got the finances in order for the floodlighting to be installed by September which was the proviso given to you when you where promoted last year. I was told by one of your lads there was £32.000 already in the funding but wasn't quite sure what the total cost would be.
chappy

#37 lifer

lifer
  • Coach
  • 278 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

We got an extra 12 months, so its £100,000 by sep 2014. 1st August we had £32000.

#38 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:00 PM

Over £10k raised by the raffle..........well done to all concerned !

Gonna be a challenge to reach £100k in 12 months.

Perhaps we dont actually need that much, surely floodlights can be installed for less ???

Edited by Baaarrow, 02 September 2013 - 02:54 PM.

Posted Image

#39 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

Well done Barrow - looking forward to visiting you again next season

Just to add, we commented yesterday on our way up what a shame Super League isn't represented in Cumbria - such a established area for Rugby League with no real premier football competition, but not to worry we are all still in a great league playing a great game

#40 Jemmo

Jemmo
  • Coach
  • 510 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

Well done Barrow, all 4 teams promoted from C1 last season have stayed up, much against what many were saying on other forums at the start of the season. One forum imparticular referred to Doncaster as a foregone conclusion for relegation and one of the other three to follow!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users