Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

jack lee

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#21 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

Carr not gonna stay . Far to good at this level .

Not sure, he can have his good moments and even matches but sometimes his brain explodes. e.g. letting the ball bounce off a high bomb two games in a row, which in the Doncaster match resulted in them scoring. Not sure he's quite consistent enough to cut it at an established Championship club.

It's time to park the camels.

#22 Clarence St

Clarence St
  • Coach
  • 326 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:19 PM

I'm a bit dismayed by several posts on here in the past week saying things like "far too good for this level" or " he won't stay, he's too good for this level". If all we have in the team are players that are only good enough to play in the Championship, guess where we'll be for the next God knows how many years. You've got it! The Championship! To me an attitude like that suggests a total lack of faith and ambition and I only hope the people doing the recruiting don't have the same level of ambition. I know we haven't got pots of cash but I think it's pretty safe to suggest that  that will apply to practically every team in the Championship and it's up to the club to do the best they can with what they have.

I know one thing, the last time we were in the Championship, we didn't get out of it by not having players in the side who were "too good for that division". We had several, Esders, Lee, Thorman and Ross spring to mind straight away, not to mention Wayne Reittie and Luke Hardbottle. Roll on next season!

#23 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:24 PM

If quite like to see James Haynes back at the club myself.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#24 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

I'm a bit dismayed by several posts on here in the past week saying things like "far too good for this level" or " he won't stay, he's too good for this level". If all we have in the team are players that are only good enough to play in the Championship, guess where we'll be for the next God knows how many years. You've got it! The Championship! To me an attitude like that suggests a total lack of faith and ambition and I only hope the people doing the recruiting don't have the same level of ambition. I know we haven't got pots of cash but I think it's pretty safe to suggest that  that will apply to practically every team in the Championship and it's up to the club to do the best they can with what they have.

I know one thing, the last time we were in the Championship, we didn't get out of it by not having players in the side who were "too good for that division". We had several, Esders, Lee, Thorman and Ross spring to mind straight away, not to mention Wayne Reittie and Luke Hardbottle. Roll on next season!

Very good points Clarence!

Posted Image

#25 Clarence St

Clarence St
  • Coach
  • 326 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:26 PM

Not sure, he can have his good moments and even matches but sometimes his brain explodes. e.g. letting the ball bounce off a high bomb two games in a row, which in the Doncaster match resulted in them scoring. Not sure he's quite consistent enough to cut it at an established Championship club.

I agree with you there Con. Let's face it , he stepped straight out of reserve grade and into Championship rugby and it showed at times. I'm sure the lad will be a decent player but he isn't there yet in my eyes and at least a year in  Championship 1 should bring him on.

#26 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:27 PM

Tom Carr is possibly the most talented player on our books ! Everyone has an occasional blip , but this kid would play prop if asked!
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

#27 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

Also where has Austin Bell gone ? Is he injured ? Always seemed to run in with plenty of aggression & pace !
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

#28 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:46 PM

Tom Carr is possibly the most talented player on our books !

Johnston for me.

this kid would play prop if asked!

and?

He's a very good player, but some of his mistakes have proved to be quite costly, he still needs time to improve. So therefore, I propose he stays, hones his trade in C1 and come back up with us to SL2 as one of the best FB's in the league.

#29 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:48 PM

Johnston for me.

and?

He's a very good player, but some of his mistakes have proved to be quite costly, he still needs time to improve. So therefore, I propose he stays, hones his trade in C1 and come back up with us to SL2 as one of the best FB's in the league.

I completely agree!

Posted Image

#30 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 742 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:38 PM

I just hope we can sign Johnston on a permanent basis, if not I may cry.

gonna have to be a decent buy out another year at cas left and too good for championship one tbh

#31 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:40 AM

too good for championship one tbh

So was Danny Brough.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#32 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,077 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:08 AM

Could we for once have some big lads in the pack?
[/quote 

Could we for once have some big lads in the pack?
[/quote]

Presume you missed GT's interview on the rad after Sunday's game ?

#33 pontyknight

pontyknight
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:00 AM

Tom Carr is a young talented player I think a year in champ 2 wouldn't be a bad thing but the lad has ambitions like any other player and you have to remember at time the lad is only having a couple off hours kip after doing a night shift that has to take a toll at some point only time will tell what player are left and who gt brings in

#34 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:30 AM

Presume you missed GT's interview on the rad after Sunday's game ?

Would you like to enlighten us all? :)

#35 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,014 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:59 AM

Relegation has to be looked on positivly as you have to face reality. As an outsider to me you have an opportunity to build on your youth team to develop a TEAM that can bounce back. I remember Fev going down and the nucleous of the team they came back with has won the league 4 times on the bounce. Hunslet fans seem to be imploading

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#36 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,077 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

Would you like to enlighten us all? :)

Stated that he wants a bigger pack in 2014....( amongst other things ).

Edited by andyacko, 03 September 2013 - 12:47 PM.

#37 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

Oh, I thought you had names :P

#38 paul

paul
  • Players
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

If every player we have had this season are to good to play champ1,why did we finish bottom of the the league?Maybe some of the so called better players could stick around next season and help us get us back to the championship and prove to us and themselves that their are better than champ1 players.

#39 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,847 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:30 PM

If every player we have had this season are to good to play champ1,why did we finish bottom of the the league?Maybe some of the so called better players could stick around next season and help us get us back to the championship and prove to us and themselves that their are better than champ1 players.

As a team we only had four/five players of Championship standard and those will sadly go.

#40 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,077 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:46 PM

Stated that he wants a bigger pack in 2014....( amongst other things ).

You know me better than that, mate and even if I did this is the last place they'd be bandied about. There will be contract offers flying like confetti at the moment !!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users