TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Congratulations Huddersfield

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 Leeds17

Leeds17
  • Coach
  • 103 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:11 AM

Most consistent team all season, well deserved!

Congratulations Hudds!

#42 Spicer

Spicer
  • Coach
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

Thoroughly Deserved.

Good to see,congratulations to all connected with Huddersfield.

#43 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:04 AM

Well done Huddersfield.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#44 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:14 AM

Well done to Huddersfield Giants. I always enjoyed our visits there when we were in Super League; a great bunch of fans with a genuine warm welcome, so I am please for them that they are top of the league.  Congratulations.

#45 TBC

TBC
  • Coach
  • 756 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

I thought I'd post now I can see straight again.

Thanks from me also for the congratulations - much appreciated.

As Paul Anderson says - winning the LLS is part of the journey towards winning the Super League trophy.

Onward and hopefully upwards.

#46 TBC

TBC
  • Coach
  • 756 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

Well done to Huddersfield Giants. I always enjoyed our visits there when we were in Super League; a great bunch of fans with a genuine warm welcome, so I am please for them that they are top of the league.  Congratulations.

Cheers. I miss my trips to Wrexham for the same reasons.

#47 TBC

TBC
  • Coach
  • 756 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

Really happy for them. But please God, can they give out a better trophy than that designless hubcap! I think even some of the players were embarrassed to "lift" it!

NRL's looks great.

160923-120901-ben-barba.jpg

AC010913Cgiant-15-5826149.jpg

On the contrary - Michael Lawrence looks to have got quite excited.

Edited by TBC, 02 September 2013 - 11:56 AM.

#48 daz39

daz39
  • Players
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:14 PM

Thanks for the congrats, its much appreciated, as one of the 'old guard' its a moment i could only have ever dreamt off all those years ago on the Fartown terrace.

#49 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:55 PM

Thanks for the congrats, its much appreciated, as one of the 'old guard' its a moment i could only have ever dreamt off all those years ago on the Fartown terrace.

Very well done from a Fev fan who's enjoying the moment too. Just a pity that the most difficult trophy of all to win doesn't receive the accolade it deserves in RL. I'll never be convinced that winning a four week end of season play off tournament is a bigger achievement than a whole season's work, but there you go.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#50 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

'Harold Wagstaffe will be smiling down on you'

Liked that.

Travelled up the Aude Valley to Quillan from Carcassonne on the train recently with a couple of staunch Fartown fans. Over for the Dragons game. They'll be well pleased this morning. Enjoy it.

Ps - Glenn Knight living out at Auch will be whopping it up too!

Edited by audois, 02 September 2013 - 01:28 PM.

si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#51 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

I'll add my congratulations to a super achievement. 

#52 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,080 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

On the contrary - Michael Lawrence looks to have got quite excited.

Yeah, he looks like he's excited for a different reason haha.

But you have to look at Broughy with it in one hand looking at his dinner plate.

I do like Ant's suggestion though. Keep the shield as a token of history but a huge commemorative shield for the year. I'd have it similar to the NRL in that they have all the minor premiers on it from years gone (and I'd go as far back as possible).
Posted Image

#53 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

great to see another team break the mould and win the league leaders shield............
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#54 Wilderspoolmemories

Wilderspoolmemories
  • Coach
  • 751 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:49 PM

I really hope Huddersfield reach the grand final and my team warrington too. For Two reasons. 1 The grand final should be 1v2 as the have been the most consistent teams over 27 rounds. 2. Huddersfield can't beat warrington!
2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16
2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6
2011 League Leaders Shield Winners
2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

#55 Wilderspoolmemories

Wilderspoolmemories
  • Coach
  • 751 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:53 PM

I really hope Huddersfield reach the grand final and my team warrington too. For Two reasons. 1 The grand final should be 1v2 as the have been the most consistent teams over 27 rounds. 2. Huddersfield can't beat warrington!
2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16
2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6
2011 League Leaders Shield Winners
2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

#56 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:16 AM

You're right on both counts lol

Though this will be where we break our duck :P

#57 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,526 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:38 AM

An unqualified congratulations to Huddersfield and their fans. It is much better now that the LLS is formally recognised. I think there wasn't even a shield for the first few years of the play offs was there?
I also don't actually mind the trophy. Bigger doesn't always equal better. ...Courtney goodwill trophy anyone?

#58 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,080 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:04 AM

An unqualified congratulations to Huddersfield and their fans. It is much better now that the LLS is formally recognised. I think there wasn't even a shield for the first few years of the play offs was there?
I also don't actually mind the trophy. Bigger doesn't always equal better. ...Courtney goodwill trophy anyone?

IIRC Bradford in 2003 were the first team to receive the LLS.

And if the shield had some design, it would maybe be OK to be a bit small. The fact that it's just a small plain silver dish with a SL logo in the middle is what makes it ######!
Posted Image

#59 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:03 AM

It's engraved too...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users