TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

new coach

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#21 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

I dont rate Barrie Eaton but no point going on as sadly we are stuck with him for next season due to his contract extension. The club do not have the money to sack him even if they wanted to.
So lets give this topic a rest now.

I cannot grasp why or how we gave Eaton a two year deal worth 40 grand a year. We wouldn't need dual reg if we saved some of that money. Another point about this forum people are being put down for not being behind the rhinos. Why should we change our minds after what we have seen this season. We don't like it so why should be quiet just because it rocks the boat? It doesn't make me any less of a Hunslet fan because I don't like what's happening!!

#22 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:03 PM

broken_record.jpg

#23 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

It seems like people think it's not a big deal getting relegated.
I have a season ticket, i buy two of my kids season tickets and I also buy my dads season ticket. I had enough just after half of the season had gone. Eaton in my opinion has done nothing good for the team on the pitch. The team had got steadily worse all season.
If he stays then i won't be buying a season ticket next year. I would sooner watch amateur rugby at the warriors or old boys.

i will still go next year but i agree with how you feel.Eaton as never impressed

#24 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:21 PM

get over it . teams get relegated cos their not good enough.on a small budget like us and yourselves, what do you really expect?it doesn't matter who the coach is, if the players are not good enough.life too short to dwell on the past, look to the future, it hasn't done the crusaders and oldham any harm!

one point i will agree with,is DR, never wanted it and has been abused by some clubs

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#25 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

broken_record.jpg

broken just like the club

#26 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:06 PM

broken_record.jpg

..Pretty Vacant...And We Dont Care !!!!

#27 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:01 AM

broken_record.jpg

If your going to San Francisco (Be sure to wear some flowers in your Hair)

#28 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 770 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:45 AM

Although 40 grand a year seems a bit much should least have air conditioning no wonder sellers had to charge £19 to workington

Who says WE are paying him 40 grand per year?

It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool
than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

#29 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:49 AM

Although 40 grand a year seems a bit much should least have air conditioning no wonder sellers had to charge £19 to workington

To be fair Lenin did say we would get free food at the promised land................

#30 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:54 AM

Who says WE are paying him 40 grand per year?

Sgt Pepper said so in an earlier post.......

#31 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 770 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:57 AM

I'd like to put my twopennorth in about last Sunday. Fev are a very good team, they've proved it over the last 4 years. We can't compete financially with any team in that division so we have to cut our cloth accordingly. We scored 3 good tries last Sunday, although the best one was disallowed for some obscure reason. Don't tell me it was a forward pass because I didn't get that feeling, when the last pass went out, and if you disallow that try, you have to disallow about 50% of tries these days. Also, Davies got over the line and lost the ball, was it pulled out? hard to tell from where we were. Moore also was tackled inches short with men outside him so we could have had 5 tries against the champions elect. What displeases me though is the fact that Maples has scored 11 tries in 16 games, why hasn't he been picked ALL season? Coaches bad decision? Secondly, Davies was kept on the bench for 60 minutes. When you're losing 24-0, you can give him game time to see what abilities he has in case you want to sign him for next season. Another coaching error? Finally, things didn't go our way, they don't when you're bottom of the league for example the last try they scored. A perfect kick off, we tap it back in mid air and March slips going for the ball. It's kismet. We have won 6 league games this year against 2 last year. We beat York twice, as last year and the other 4 were at home against promoted clubs, not really good enough.

It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool
than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

#32 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

I'd like to put my twopennorth in about last Sunday. Fev are a very good team, they've proved it over the last 4 years. We can't compete financially with any team in that division so we have to cut our cloth accordingly. We scored 3 good tries last Sunday, although the best one was disallowed for some obscure reason. Don't tell me it was a forward pass because I didn't get that feeling, when the last pass went out, and if you disallow that try, you have to disallow about 50% of tries these days. Also, Davies got over the line and lost the ball, was it pulled out? hard to tell from where we were. Moore also was tackled inches short with men outside him so we could have had 5 tries against the champions elect. What displeases me though is the fact that Maples has scored 11 tries in 16 games, why hasn't he been picked ALL season? Coaches bad decision? Secondly, Davies was kept on the bench for 60 minutes. When you're losing 24-0, you can give him game time to see what abilities he has in case you want to sign him for next season. Another coaching error? Finally, things didn't go our way, they don't when you're bottom of the league for example the last try they scored. A perfect kick off, we tap it back in mid air and March slips going for the ball. It's kismet. We have won 6 league games this year against 2 last year. We beat York twice, as last year and the other 4 were at home against promoted clubs, not really good enough.

Kept quiet on all this but here are my reasons why we went down and mostly are out of Barry Eaton,s  hands due to sheer bad luck and other teams good luck.

1 , Firstly in this league , you need good half backs, if we needed one player NOT to get injured it was Grimmer, we all know what happened, to play 90% of the season up against the calibre of Finn, Cooke, Handforth, Ian Watson, Black, Rooney, Lupton, Danny Jones and Patch Walker and us having to make do with young Hellewell, Ansell and Windley early doors gave us a massive disadvantage. I,ll say it now with Grimmer we would have easily escaped relegation.To the best of my knowledge all the half backs ive mentioned played in 95% to 100% in every league game for their clubs. The odds of a genius playing in EVERY league game for Doncaster who had actually broke his kneecap in the last league game of the previous season must have been 100/1 - however incredibly he has and single handidly has kept Donny up.Anyone who says differant hasnt a clue about what a try making half back can do.Similar Rooney has done the same at Haven, without him we beat them 28-0 1st game of the season, since then hes played everygame and along with Jessie Joe Parker kept them up.These 2 teams Donny and Haven along with Barrow were my favs to go down. I,ll say now Barrow have done a fantastic job to escape the drop and have performed miracles to not go down and i,ll take my hat off to them, there again Liam Harrison has played in nearly everygame even when hes supposed to been injured ! Even Dewsbury with no real great half backs had one player who even with a half a r s e d attitude could win a game at this level and sure enough Pryce played  everygame and scored the vital tries to keep them up.

2  The injury situation at our DR club, in 50 years of watching RL , Love em or not ive never seen them get the level of injuries they have had  this season, its a standing joke between us that we must have jinxed them, from having Keinhorst, Singleton , Achurch, Hood, Chisholm and Moore we ended up with hardly anyone when we needed them most mid season. Yet other clubs who had DR mainly  Donny had the likes of Cowling, Kay , Trout, everyweek, even Swinton with the tie up with Warrington only had Williams and McCarthy but got Briers in for a vital win and then got the points machine Nanyn in to get them out of jail.

3 The killer week about 6 weeks ago, the real hammerblow when i knew we were down. Swinton v Fev and Barrow v Halifax , i looked at the fixtures and had a real gut feeling that both Swinton and Barrow could get something, Sheridan had apparantly been sacked at Fev and Fax had hit a massive slump, the 3 points Barrow and Swinton got that day ultimatly did us. Barrow for good measure had even won a game at York after the hooter had gone with a penalty to nick yet another 3 points.

4 Some more killers, Chisholm droping a kick on the last play of the match at Worky to gift a try and cost us a bonus point.

The same player getting a half time try unfairly ruled out at Batley which with the Bulldogs getting a last min try cost us yet another bonus point.

Lee Mapels getting the ball knocked out of his hand scoring in the last min at Barrow which would have won the game.

A ridiculous game at Swinton when we scored 40 points and lost.

Half time tries on the hooter at said game at Swinton, Dewsbury ( Karl Pryce ) and Sheffield 2 week ago when we were leading 12-4 on 36 mins and went in 14-12 down.

5 Signing Jake Normington - broken cheekbone, and Micheal Haley - broken thumb just for the injury curse to jinx us even more.You couldnt make it up.

So before anyone blames the Coaching Staff lets take everything into account, this Club has had no luck this season, yes mistakes have been made mainly Moore and Hood sat on the bench at Swinton when we were 24-0 down before they were brought on to terrorise the Lions and the lack of a quality scrum half pre season was a mistake in hindsight, we went 2 thirds of the season without a 40/20 which i find amazing and our inability to catch a ball on the 6th tackle has cost us at least 20 tries. Roll on next season...

Posted Image

#33 Eagletarian

Eagletarian
  • Coach
  • 4,595 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:39 PM

Bloody hell you will be travelling some miles next season, you will need a new coach each week and Wallace is no longer, could you use the Mega Bus for some games?.....Get on the Champ One websites and sell your pies and peas to them and coin in the money when you win the league, all the best for next season......

Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

Posted Image

#34 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 933 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:25 AM

Plenty of good points well made there KOL; there are a multitude of contributing factors to our eventual downfall. I actually believe the team was considerably better coached than last season (anybody with plenty of time on their hands can check the posts after several games in the middle of last season where myself and others were critical of seeing the same mistakes and tactics - or sometimes lack of tactics - week in, week out). I don't think that's been the case half as much this season and we WERE a better team in 2013 than in 2012 - just not quite good enough as it turned out !!

If I had to pick one incident that ultimately sent us down, it would be Mapals dropping the ball (or having it knocked out?) in the act of scoring late in the match at Barrow in July. If that had been grounded we would have won 32-28, had two more league points and Barrow two fewer, which would have been enough.

But it's all "history" now ...

#35 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:53 AM

The turning point was our home defeat by Swinton-- with displays like that we deserved to finish in the bottom two.

#36 staitheclosehawk

staitheclosehawk
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:47 AM

Kept quiet on all this but here are my reasons why we went down and mostly are out of Barry Eaton,s  hands due to sheer bad luck and other teams good luck.

1 , Firstly in this league , you need good half backs, if we needed one player NOT to get injured it was Grimmer, we all know what happened, to play 90% of the season up against the calibre of Finn, Cooke, Handforth, Ian Watson, Black, Rooney, Lupton, Danny Jones and Patch Walker and us having to make do with young Hellewell, Ansell and Windley early doors gave us a massive disadvantage. I,ll say it now with Grimmer we would have easily escaped relegation.To the best of my knowledge all the half backs ive mentioned played in 95% to 100% in every league game for their clubs. The odds of a genius playing in EVERY league game for Doncaster who had actually broke his kneecap in the last league game of the previous season must have been 100/1 - however incredibly he has and single handidly has kept Donny up.Anyone who says differant hasnt a clue about what a try making half back can do.Similar Rooney has done the same at Haven, without him we beat them 28-0 1st game of the season, since then hes played everygame and along with Jessie Joe Parker kept them up.These 2 teams Donny and Haven along with Barrow were my favs to go down. I,ll say now Barrow have done a fantastic job to escape the drop and have performed miracles to not go down and i,ll take my hat off to them, there again Liam Harrison has played in nearly everygame even when hes supposed to been injured ! Even Dewsbury with no real great half backs had one player who even with a half a r s e d attitude could win a game at this level and sure enough Pryce played  everygame and scored the vital tries to keep them up.

2  The injury situation at our DR club, in 50 years of watching RL , Love em or not ive never seen them get the level of injuries they have had  this season, its a standing joke between us that we must have jinxed them, from having Keinhorst, Singleton , Achurch, Hood, Chisholm and Moore we ended up with hardly anyone when we needed them most mid season. Yet other clubs who had DR mainly  Donny had the likes of Cowling, Kay , Trout, everyweek, even Swinton with the tie up with Warrington only had Williams and McCarthy but got Briers in for a vital win and then got the points machine Nanyn in to get them out of jail.

3 The killer week about 6 weeks ago, the real hammerblow when i knew we were down. Swinton v Fev and Barrow v Halifax , i looked at the fixtures and had a real gut feeling that both Swinton and Barrow could get something, Sheridan had apparantly been sacked at Fev and Fax had hit a massive slump, the 3 points Barrow and Swinton got that day ultimatly did us. Barrow for good measure had even won a game at York after the hooter had gone with a penalty to nick yet another 3 points.

4 Some more killers, Chisholm droping a kick on the last play of the match at Worky to gift a try and cost us a bonus point.

The same player getting a half time try unfairly ruled out at Batley which with the Bulldogs getting a last min try cost us yet another bonus point.

Lee Mapels getting the ball knocked out of his hand scoring in the last min at Barrow which would have won the game.

Half time tries on the hooter at said game at Swinton, Dewsbury ( Karl Pryce ) and Sheffield 2 week ago when we were leading 12-4 on 36 mins and went in 14-12 down.

5 Signing Jake Normington - broken cheekbone, and Micheal Haley - broken thumb just for the injury curse to jinx us even more.You couldnt make it up.

So before anyone blames the Coaching Staff lets take everything into account, this Club has had no luck this season, yes mistakes have been made mainly Moore and Hood sat on the bench at Swinton when we were 24-0 down before they were brought on to terrorise the Lions and the lack of a quality scrum half pre season was a mistake in hindsight, we went 2 thirds of the season without a 40/20 which i find amazing and our inability to catch a ball on the 6th tackle has cost us at least 20 tries. Roll on next season...

At least someone on here knows what their talking about, Barry Heaton must have run over a black cat with all that went against the club this year.

#37 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:52 AM

In no more than seventy thousand words can someone tell me what gabby and king of leon are going on about because attempting to read that would make me lose the will to live

hahaha class!!!!
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#38 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

Kept quiet on all this but here are my reasons why we went down and mostly are out of Barry Eaton,s hands due to sheer bad luck and other teams good luck.

1 , Firstly in this league , you need good half backs, if we needed one player NOT to get injured it was Grimmer, we all know what happened, to play 90% of the season up against the calibre of Finn, Cooke, Handforth, Ian Watson, Black, Rooney, Lupton, Danny Jones and Patch Walker and us having to make do with young Hellewell, Ansell and Windley early doors gave us a massive disadvantage. I,ll say it now with Grimmer we would have easily escaped relegation.To the best of my knowledge all the half backs ive mentioned played in 95% to 100% in every league game for their clubs. The odds of a genius playing in EVERY league game for Doncaster who had actually broke his kneecap in the last league game of the previous season must have been 100/1 - however incredibly he has and single handidly has kept Donny up.Anyone who says differant hasnt a clue about what a try making half back can do.Similar Rooney has done the same at Haven, without him we beat them 28-0 1st game of the season, since then hes played everygame and along with Jessie Joe Parker kept them up.These 2 teams Donny and Haven along with Barrow were my favs to go down. I,ll say now Barrow have done a fantastic job to escape the drop and have performed miracles to not go down and i,ll take my hat off to them, there again Liam Harrison has played in nearly everygame even when hes supposed to been injured ! Even Dewsbury with no real great half backs had one player who even with a half a r s e d attitude could win a game at this level and sure enough Pryce played everygame and scored the vital tries to keep them up.

2 The injury situation at our DR club, in 50 years of watching RL , Love em or not ive never seen them get the level of injuries they have had this season, its a standing joke between us that we must have jinxed them, from having Keinhorst, Singleton , Achurch, Hood, Chisholm and Moore we ended up with hardly anyone when we needed them most mid season. Yet other clubs who had DR mainly Donny had the likes of Cowling, Kay , Trout, everyweek, even Swinton with the tie up with Warrington only had Williams and McCarthy but got Briers in for a vital win and then got the points machine Nanyn in to get them out of jail.

every other club in our league had injurys and bad luck its a contact sport it happens. Lets not make excuses here, we went down because we weren't coached well enough SIMPLES. Dropping some of our better players to make way for your friends over the river didn't help either.end of the day we got what we deserved
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#39 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:31 AM

every other club in our league had injurys and bad luck its a contact sport it happens. Lets not make excuses here, we went down because we weren't coached well enough SIMPLES. Dropping some of our better players to make way for your friends over the river didn't help either.end of the day we got what we deserved

... MUST AGREE ! ! ! P.s. Mr Eaton is on Sky sports "praising' Leeds R.L. for their support ?? Is he Aware Hunslet got RELEGATED ? ? ? UNBELIVABLE !!!!!

#40 ThunderArmy

ThunderArmy
  • Coach
  • 297 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:57 AM

Hi guys will see yous next season..our new coach is stanley gene.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users