Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

new coach

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#61 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:34 PM

You dont play SL for Warrington and Hull and score 3 tries for Sheffield in a cup tie against Wigan if youre that bad and the try he scored for us at SLS against Toulouse when for once he got a decent pass and shot away from 60 yards for the try of the season wasnt too bad either.Think youre getting confused with our other centre - that was McHugh who scored the tries not Clayton who has the worst strike rate for a centre since Wes McGibbon.

Steve i've seen what enhancing drugs can do to people , a person on em can be awsome , look at any sport , or person who's been on em , Lance Armstrong for one , Barnett needed to take em to compete at the top , ........... I remember Tim Weatherspoon loses his world title for hav'in cannibis in his system , but if anything that would'nt av made him better as an athlete but worse , you see players in the amateur game on enhancing drugs and they stand out a mile ..............

#62 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:34 PM

well it certainly seemed to help George Flanagan get up that Mount Pleasant slope from 60 yards out in 3.4 secs...

yeah I remember that day well
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#63 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:05 PM

are you seriously For real??? So was Clayton the only player dropped? As far as im aware there was also kainey, oakes, haigh and worst of all maples for chisholm, who by the way makes barnett look like a world beater. We lost grimmer AGAIN but get used to that he's a top player but he's made of chocolate. So no I dont understand your argument or where your coming from

Load of Bo**0cks made of chocolate the lads been playing against men since he was 15 and never took a backward step he played all 2011 without injury but has suffered more than most the last 2 seasons i played 15 years and suffered a broken nose and a knackered right knee that was it don't demise the lad on a forum tell him to his face ok
chappy

#64 HunsletJosh6

HunsletJosh6
  • Coach
  • 688 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:14 PM

Quite simple for me when you look at our season game by game.

Countless times we've had the players on the field to win games that we've lost.

We've been in positions at crucial stages of games where we could have taken points against teams that we'd maybe expect to take nothing from yet the wrong decisions have seen us come away with nothing. 

Darren does a fantastic job in securing quality players on our match terms and a quality 7 aside we had the squad, with DR players to compete this year. In my opinion Marchy kept us up with a poorer squad in a harder league and both him and Hallas got the most out of their resources ultimately Barry Eaton didn't and left us relying on other results to survive. 

Modern day sport at all levels is a results based business and the man reposnsible for providing those results hasn't delivered.

Posted Image

#65 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:32 PM

Load of Bo**0cks made of chocolate the lads been playing against men since he was 15 and never took a backward step he played all 2011 without injury but has suffered more than most the last 2 seasons i played 15 years and suffered a broken nose and a knackered right knee that was it don't demise the lad on a forum tell him to his face ok

calm yourself down!!! Where am I demising him?? I've said he's a quality player but he's injury prone hence the made of chocolate comment, the fact that you had to point out he played all of 2011 proves that. Like I said in an earlier post it's a contact sport players get injured so ni need to get yourself upset

#66 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:57 PM

calm yourself down!!! Where am I demising him?? I've said he's a quality player but he's injury prone hence the made of chocolate comment, the fact that you had to point out he played all of 2011 proves that. Like I said in an earlier post it's a contact sport players get injured so ni need to get yourself upset

Macca im always calm but calling the boy made of chocolate gave me the impression you thought he was soft getting injured all the time believe me he aint he played all the second half against York with a broken hand so please mate chose your words more carefully his body has taken some knocks i know but lets hope 2014 will be his year like 2011 nobody needs it more than him
chappy

#67 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:22 PM

Macca im always calm but calling the boy made of chocolate gave me the impression you thought he was soft getting injured all the time believe me he aint he played all the second half against York with a broken hand so please mate chose your words more carefully his body has taken some knocks i know but lets hope 2014 will be his year like 2011 nobody needs it more than him

we'd all love to have a fully fit grimmer playing next season for hunslet. I feel he may move on now tho with us going down which would be a shame

#68 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 562 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:36 PM

well it certainly seemed to help George Flanagan get up that Mount Pleasant slope from 60 yards out in 3.4 secs...

No that was your defenders that were ######..and he scored his hattrick dahn't slope ;-)
"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#69 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:41 PM

No that was your defenders that were ######..and he scored his hattrick dahn't slope ;-)

The incoming tide did'nt even stop him.................

#70 Cardigan Arms

Cardigan Arms
  • Coach
  • 550 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

Junkie boy Flanagan is Featherstone bound so rumour has it

#71 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

ive 100 quid in me pocket that says he scored his 1st try up the slope if you fancy a bet.Ive never seen a hooker run as far and as fast, Usain Bolt couldnt have caught him..

Posted Image

#72 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:15 PM

ive 100 quid in me pocket that says he scored his 1st try up the slope if you fancy a bet.Ive never seen a hooker run as far and as fast, Usain Bolt couldnt have caught him..

To be honest steve i thought the same

#73 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

question to get things clarified for 2014 is Barry Eaton going to be coach and will the Rhinos partnership still be in practice just wanted it cleared up so there's no more point in all this bickering on about it and the Hawks can get down to winning the Div 1 Championship and some great games in prospect against our old rivals on the RIVER OUSE.
chappy

#74 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 437 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:34 PM

It will be pretty embarrassing if hunslet have to rely on DR to win against Gloucestershire, Gateshead, SW etc.
Surely the local talent in West Yorkshire is better than their local talent.

Edited by MikeFletchersBarmyArmy, 04 September 2013 - 05:35 PM.

#75 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 362 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

Barry Eaton will be hunslet coach next season and I'm led to believe the link with them over the river will continue

#76 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:44 PM

Barry Eaton will be hunslet coach next season and I'm led to believe the link with them over the river will continue

put me down for the wembley trip. 4 hunslet games next year and thats it york and gateshead home and away

#77 funkygibbon

funkygibbon
  • Players
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

question to get things clarified for 2014 is Barry Eaton going to be coach and will the Rhinos partnership still be in practice just wanted it cleared up so there's no more point in all this bickering on about it and the Hawks can get down to winning the Div 1 Championship and some great games in prospect against our old rivals on the RIVER OUSE.

WELL SAID SUZZY NOW YOU LITTLE BOYS STOP BICKERING IT MUST BE TIME FOR BED YOU HAVE ALL GOT SCHOOL IN THE MORNING :agree:

#78 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 362 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:01 PM

Coyle brothers have signed for next season

#79 Cardigan Arms

Cardigan Arms
  • Coach
  • 550 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:04 PM

A good start to assembling next seasons squad.

#80 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:23 PM

put me down for the wembley trip. 4 hunslet games next year and thats it york and gateshead home and away

I thought John was'nt running bus next year!............

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users