Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

new coach

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#101 james cunny

james cunny

maximus aurelius

• Coach
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:07 PM

Still think losing both your first choice half backs would cost any club dearly especially one with a budget as low as ours think Eaton made some questionable decisions Swinton away when he took Moore and Hood off cost us the game in my book but I defy anyone to say that having Hood Moore and Keinhorst was bar for us and as for Clayton I thought he was pretty underrated player better than what King of Leon thinks
Hunslet Hawks Champions 2010

#102 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:38 PM

We went down so they were not good for us what did the duel reg do for us? Nothing

Keinhorst plays 15 games, scores 13 tries, and he wasn't good for us, what planet are you on?

#103 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:22 AM

We went down so they were not good for us what did the duel reg do for us? Nothing

Your words - 'they were not good for us'

IMO any player who scored 13 tries in 15 games was definitely good for us

#104 Jemmo

Jemmo
  • Coach
  • 509 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:57 AM

Kept quiet on all this but here are my reasons why we went down and mostly are out of Barry Eaton,s  hands due to sheer bad luck and other teams good luck.

1 , Firstly in this league , you need good half backs, if we needed one player NOT to get injured it was Grimmer, we all know what happened, to play 90% of the season up against the calibre of Finn, Cooke, Handforth, Ian Watson, Black, Rooney, Lupton, Danny Jones and Patch Walker and us having to make do with young Hellewell, Ansell and Windley early doors gave us a massive disadvantage. I,ll say it now with Grimmer we would have easily escaped relegation.To the best of my knowledge all the half backs ive mentioned played in 95% to 100% in every league game for their clubs. The odds of a genius playing in EVERY league game for Doncaster who had actually broke his kneecap in the last league game of the previous season must have been 100/1 - however incredibly he has and single handidly has kept Donny up.Anyone who says differant hasnt a clue about what a try making half back can do.Similar Rooney has done the same at Haven, without him we beat them 28-0 1st game of the season, since then hes played everygame and along with Jessie Joe Parker kept them up.These 2 teams Donny and Haven along with Barrow were my favs to go down. I,ll say now Barrow have done a fantastic job to escape the drop and have performed miracles to not go down and i,ll take my hat off to them, there again Liam Harrison has played in nearly everygame even when hes supposed to been injured ! Even Dewsbury with no real great half backs had one player who even with a half a r s e d attitude could win a game at this level and sure enough Pryce played  everygame and scored the vital tries to keep them up.

Paul Cooke did actually miss two games this season, the 30-36 defeat to Leigh was one, but I can't recall the other. But I do see your point. I don;t think we're the one man team some would suggest (remember we got through the play offs last season without him), but it would be foolish to suggest he is not massively missed when he is not playing.

I do believe the difference between the two teams that went down and the next 3 teams was mainly luck, and the remaining teams up to 6th just managed to put a run together at some stage

#105 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,131 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:10 AM

even the Raiders staying up cost Holty his job ????

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#106 Jemmo

Jemmo
  • Coach
  • 509 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:17 AM

Paul Cooke did actually miss two games this season, the 30-36 defeat to Leigh was one, but I can't recall the other. But I do see your point. I don;t think we're the one man team some would suggest (remember we got through the play offs last season without him), but it would be foolish to suggest he is not massively missed when he is not playing.

I do believe the difference between the two teams that went down and the next 3 teams was mainly luck, and the remaining teams up to 6th just managed to put a run together at some stage

The other one was the 32-26 defeat at Sheffield. So while we lost both games he didn't play in, we scored plenty of points and got a bonus point against top 4 sides

#107 Hawksnest

Hawksnest
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:00 PM

I suggest fortheloveofmoney & hunslet72 you two need your heads banging together.

All you do is moan on about Duel reg tts very boring please find a new topic?

The duel reg thing will probably carry on next year so lets get behind the team and the board and carry the club forward.

I guess you two won't be attending the player of the year tonight?

I bet you two have voted for a Leeds player as you are secret Rhino's

#108 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Coach
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

why what did they do for us we went down its simple they didnt do what you wanted them to

For you to say this comment about the Leeds players performances for us , you cannot have been to any games this season.

#109 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:12 PM

I suggest fortheloveofmoney & hunslet72 you two need your heads banging together.
The duel reg thing will probably carry on next year so lets get behind the team and the board and carry the club forward.

are they not allowed an opinion now?? That's what these forums are for, or used to be I should say
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#110 staitheclosehawk

staitheclosehawk
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:34 PM

are they not allowed an opinion now?? That's what these forums are for, or used to be I should say

Of course they are but 2 or 3 people have turned it into a slagathon and it's an embarrassment for anyone with Hunslet at heart, to the outside world it looks like everyone is bickering and the sensible posters have long since disappeared. 

#111 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

Of course they are but 2 or 3 people have turned it into a slagathon and it's an embarrassment for anyone with Hunslet at heart, to the outside world it looks like everyone is bickering and the sensible posters have long since disappeared.

so basically your saying if you dont agree with dual reg and the barry eaton debate then don't post, its no wonder loyal fans are walking away from this club. On the plus side you'll have some floating Rhino's to talk to next season. Enjoy!!!!
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#112 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Coach
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:07 PM

It achieved , sadly for me to say, that we did not get relegated at least 6 months earlier, than we did.This being mainly through the Leeds players we had,Keinhurst 15 tries, top try scorer, need I say anything more. We went down to the last game getting relegated. The only player to let Huns down for me from Leeds was Chisolm, cannot catch a ball to save his life, I tell you the way I see it. 

. At least I have enjoyed this season better than any other in the last 10 years of watching Huns. Seen some very competitive games. Yes we should have finished half way at the very least, And yes that's down to Bary Eaton, he did do some bad decisions over the season.Not playing Mapels and Watson etc.In crucial games. As a player he was one of the best may I add. 

Look sadly we don't have the money to go on our own. So what's wrong with a little help to get us back into this league. As I once said I would go in league with the DEVIL to acheive this. So what if we do., unless your religious, and then you should not be watching Huns on a Sunday. :angel:

#113 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:53 PM

Chisholm has got himself a deal with fev too.... Some how

#114 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:15 AM

John Bastian seems to be signing up as many of his ex-Leeds starlets as possible. Whether or not he's around to coach them at Post Office Road may be another matter.

Posted Image

#115 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Coach
  • 116 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:24 AM

Jesus. What as.

#116 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 556 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:02 PM

Didnt he used to be in minder

Detective inspector I believe.
"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#117 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:32 PM

... What A "SPECIAL" CLOWN You Are ! I was nt going to post anymore . But people like You make me SICK . WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ? ? ? I Support Hunslet 100% FACT . DONT EVER Questiom My Ethics Again .

#118 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:37 PM

Amazing ! Some Joker calls me a Secret Rhino , I Reply and Defend myself And get A Warning ! UNBELIEVABLE !!!

#119 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:12 AM

Amazing ! Some Joker calls me a Secret Rhino , I Reply and Defend myself And get A Warning ! UNBELIEVABLE !!!

what was the warning for?

#120 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:05 AM

[quote name="sgt pepper" post="2784467" timestamp="1378624325"]

what was the warning for?...Unsure, it came after I replied to Hawksnest .../quote]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users