Today's game

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

Well played to all the players today awesome performance, great supporters, played our parts today well done swinton, Gary chambers, well what can I say well done from all the supporters Gary , coach of the year? I THINK SO ! Onwards and upwards

#2 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

I agree Mr Burke and hope you all got home safely. 

Riggy

#3 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY FROM HASTINGS
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#4 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 132 posts

We did Riggy thanks :), had an amazing season watching the Lions it's been a roller coaster ride gutted its over Riggy I'll have have to Watch x factor now :)

#5 parky

parky
  • Coach
  • 283 posts

I admit with a few others I thought Gary Chambers should have resigned. I must now gave him great credit and to all the players who beleived in his tactics and performed.. We must now decide quickly who to retain before other clubs start poaching and also start recruiting.

#6 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:13 PM

One of my favourite trips was 'Haven, because the Club bus always stopped in Cockermouth @ Jennings beer house next to the brewery, I hope the boys called there on the way back.

I struggled to find any kind of feed for the game, I had to put up with updates from Ceefax on BBC, I nearly poohed myself at 1630 when Haven drew close, but was so glad when we went 10 points clear at 1645 (Ceefax time).

Right. Let's get restarted for a big push next year. Let's not miss out on another chance to get some lower, or other league CASH next year, or in 2015, lets push, push, push!

Edited by Bleep1673, 01 September 2013 - 08:18 PM.

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#7 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

One or two of our fans owe Gary Chambers a very big apology, we nearly lost him due to comments made.
Great credit to all the coaching staff,including those who left us and to the players who have been immense from the Featherstone home win. 5 points off the play offs 5 lousy points.
Sadly Kev Penny confirmed he has signed for Wire so good luck to him and thanks for all his efforts in a Lions shirt.
In a strange way I have enjoyed this season we now have a very strong squad, hopefully the bulk will sign on again with some quality additions.

#8 wberry2013

wberry2013
  • Coach
  • 114 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

Well..... good win today (won me a few quid), well done to all the lads and gary, I was on the fence over him but credit where its due. All in all its been a good, exciting, nail biting but season.

Lets start building now.

Sorry to hear a about penny leaving but good luck to him.

Wayne

#9 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:57 PM

Hope you all had a great day today my car share idea seemed to work and the players really appreciated it.

Riggy

#10 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:02 PM

Riggy for director of transport next season.lol

Edited by marshy1, 01 September 2013 - 10:50 PM.

#11 Furryenzo

Furryenzo
  • Coach
  • 913 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:02 PM

I was certainly one of those critics of Chambers, but I said it in another post a few weeks ago and il say it again, well done for the massive turn around, showing us what is possible with a stable side and not abusing the DR.

Absolutely gutted about Kevin Penny, one of our greatest signings in recent years (once the whole rugby union thing got sorted), never doubted his commiment to Swinton, he was always the first to celebrate our tries or to try and fire up the lads if things werent going our way, and ive not even started to talk about some of the immense trys he scored himself. One of the fastest players in the sport no doubt and was never too selfish as to not pass the ball, probably created as many as he scored. Good luck to him at Warrington, he definitely deserves a second chance at Super League.

One thing that needs to be taken into next season by Chambers, Watto and Marlon; remember what it was that enabled this excellent run of form, and remember what it was that caused the poor results mid-season. Implement everything in pre-season and we should be a team capable of making the play-offs next year!!!

Come on you Lions!!!

Im only smiling because `no-one`'s found the bodies yet.

#12 wberry2013

wberry2013
  • Coach
  • 114 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:09 PM

We should have a "high 5" and "ass slapping" day in pennys name. Oh he likes a good high 5!!!

Lollollol

Wayne

#13 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:10 PM

Gary is already on the case for new players for next season.

OH YES !!

Forgot to congratulate Mick Nanyn of his TWO RECORDS today.

His first goal took him to 7th place in the All time leading points scorers jumping ahead of the great Kel Coslett

His try took him past the 500 points for Swinton.  Before he started today he was on 494.

So well done Mick and hope we still have you next season.

Riggy

Edited by RIGGY, 01 September 2013 - 09:15 PM.

#14 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

I was certainly one of those critics of Chambers, but I said it in another post a few weeks ago and il say it again, well done for the massive turn around, showing us what is possible with a stable side and not abusing the DR.

Absolutely gutted about Kevin Penny, one of our greatest signings in recent years (once the whole rugby union thing got sorted), never doubted his commiment to Swinton, he was always the first to celebrate our tries or to try and fire up the lads if things werent going our way, and ive not even started to talk about some of the immense trys he scored himself. One of the fastest players in the sport no doubt and was never too selfish as to not pass the ball, probably created as many as he scored. Good luck to him at Warrington, he definitely deserves a second chance at Super League.

One thing that needs to be taken into next season by Chambers, Watto and Marlon; remember what it was that enabled this excellent run of form, and remember what it was that caused the poor results mid-season. Implement everything in pre-season and we should be a team capable of making the play-offs next year!!!

Come on you Lions!!!

agree with your comments Furry

#15 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 646 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:39 PM

After the Keighley game I thought we were dead & buried. But somehow we have found a team spirit and sheer determination to win. Not to mention much better organisation. Credit must go to the coach, and now that our 10th place is confirmed, I take my Swinton cap off to Mr Chambers. Well done Gary & well played Lions. 14 pts from 18!!!

#16 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 588 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:07 PM

Immense performance from the players and fans today!
Obviously pleased for KP on his move to Warrington and hopefully he remembers us fondly if he should ever need to return to a top Championship club in the next few years!
What an exciting (if bad for your health) end to the season. As I posted the other day...how dull it must be in the Superleague knowing you can play as bad as the Pinks and be nowhere, do nothing and know you'll still be there making up the numbers the following season. It shouldn't be allowed to be called sport in that situation.
Well done to all those that gave 100% when they pulled on that famous Lions jersey this season. Let's kick on and have the same excitement but at the other end of the table next year!
C'mon you Lions!

#17 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,769 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

The big question now is, what has GC done in recent weeks to turn the Lions' fortunes around?

A couple of months ago they looked doomed and right on course for trips next season to Oxford, Gloucester, Hemel Hempstead and Skolars. GC himself had the air of a man who seemed out of his depth in his job at the helm.

So, has Gary been given some kind of magic potion which has worked this happy turn around? Or are the players now on some kind of 'happy pills'?

WELL DONE ALL MEMBERS OF THE COACHING AND PLAYING STAFFS

:shout:     :tease:     :bye:     :yahoo:     :sungum:

#18 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 251 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:40 PM

Great result today lads - well done Gary and great to secure safety with our win, not relying on other results

#19 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:21 AM

A good performance when we really needed it!

At 10-0 down I was worried but the lads fought back brilliantly with a complete turnaround to 20-10. The referee looked clueless at times, Haven's last. Try was so far forward it was laughable. Then again, Josh Barlow's try looked rather questionable as well!

Chaz I'Anson really stood out for me when he came off the bench, he had a hand in the last 2 tries, the kick for Mendeika's was quality. Congratulation to Mick Nanyn on becoming 7th in the all time RL scorers list.

Let's kick on from this season and hope we can keep the top performers from the second half of the campaign.

#20 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 386 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:59 AM

A fantastic result and end to the season. Clearly the  combination of a) settled team, B) great team spirit and c) a good coach and staff, has reaped benefits and yes if not for a few defeats the team could have made the play offs. 

I too am sorry to see Penny leave but at least it isn't to another Championship club, I also hope he gets into the Warrington First Team...............now I have to ponder on my top three for player of the year.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users