RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Congratulations to North Wales Crusaders

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

on your promotion to the championship.

Absolutely made up for you and all those who helped to raise you from the ashes.

Looking forward to visiting you next year.

• RLRatings likes this

#2 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:00 PM

Fantastic achievements to all associtated with the club.

Bloooody amazing

#3 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 3,652 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:34 PM

A very big well done to North Wales Crusaders for winning the league and securing promotion to the Championship.  This club just will not be put down!  And over 1,500 turned up to watch which I think is terrific.

#4 nec

nec
  • Coach
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

Echo previous thoughts, went to Wrexham to watch Wales v England 10+ years ago and always thought it had potential. Could be real winners from the reorganisation
Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

#5 Henson Park Old Firm

Henson Park Old Firm
  • Coach
  • 259 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:41 PM

Congrats... all the best for next season

#6 Gerri Monside

Gerri Monside
  • Coach
  • 290 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

Very, very pleased for the Cru! Outstanding achievement to have done this after very nearly going out of existence. I'll never forget their last day in superleague and the magnificent atmosphere at Wrexham.  Great bunch of fans, who are truly passionate about their club.  Very, very well done!

It's an easy kick for the lad but, as we say in Rugby League, there's no easy kicks.

@IanLancaster65

#7 The Big Gun

The Big Gun
  • Coach
  • 359 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:07 PM

Big congrats to Cru on the promotion. Very real chance that they could have some of the biggest crowds in the Championship next year.

#8 Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor
  • Coach
  • 7,711 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

Great news for you fans, see you next year.
2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

#9 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:21 PM

Went to this match instead of the Wakey one today. Great day out & really pleased for all the Welsh fans. Strange atmosphere for a 'derby' as both sets of fans rather than disliking each othermwere bound together by their love of rugby league, something those of us who have it on our doorsteps take for granted.

Even met one Scorpions fan from Llanelli, who was wearing both teams' shirts, as he watches Crusaders if Scorpions are away to get his rugby league fix.

#10 jpmc

jpmc
  • Coach
  • 454 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:27 PM

Big congrats to Cru on the promotion. Very real chance that they could have some of the biggest crowds in the Championship next year.

Definitely top 4 attendances next season imo

#11 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,595 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:05 PM

Well done. One in the eye for those who claim that you can't grow in the Championships and expansion clubs outside SL are just wasting their time.

#12 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

Congratulations, another club who deserve there success.

"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

#13 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:00 PM

A good achievement by Cru and pleased for their fans.

Bendigedig!

#14 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,152 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:20 PM

Well done. One in the eye for those who claim that you can't grow in the Championships and expansion clubs outside SL are just wasting their time.

Let me add my congratulations to the Crusaders on their promotion. A two trophy season 3 years after their resurrection. Not so shabby.

This fixture, with promotion and a playoff spot at stake gets 1500. Fev v Sheffield for top spot got 3800, Sheff V Doncaster with playoff positions at stake gets 1000, double the usual attendance a Doncaster, Barrow V Keighley with both teams battling relegation gets 1300, London Skolars v Crusaders with promotion and third place at stake gets 1200, Oldhams last home game with Crusaders for top promotion spot got 1200, Hunslet V Fev with league leders shield and relegation at stake respectively gets 1200. Keighley v Fev and Keighley V Halifax with playoff spots and relegation on the line respectively both get 1200 plus, way above Keighley's average.

Granted that some of these games are also Derbys but I suggests to me that p and r does bring top attendances to what would otherwise, in mnay of these games, have been meaningless throwaway fixtures at the wrong end of the table.

#15 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,154 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:01 AM

It's worth remembering that if we listened to the people who claim RL is a game that can only be enjoyed or played by people in bits of Yorkshire and Lancashire, then Crusaders would not exist.

#16 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,359 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:27 AM

It's worth remembering that if we listened to the people who claim RL is a game that can only be enjoyed or played by people in bits of Yorkshire and Lancashire, then Crusaders would not exist.

Well said and very well done to Crusaders, they have managed to do a good job of retaining enough support for the club from the fantastic original support attracted by the Superleague version of the club.

We mustn't forget their winning game was however mostly "played by people" they bought in who were from and whose whose careers started in M62 land at Leigh, Leeds, Saints, Wire, Widnes, Leigh, Salford, Bradford etc.

#17 Swansea Jack

Swansea Jack
  • Coach
  • 230 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:53 AM

Congratulations to Crusaders and their excellent fans. I enjoyed watching their game against Rochdale and the friendly welcome. On approaching the stadium my wife wished to go to the toilet. I asked a lady srewardess if there was a toilet. She said go right down under the grandstand and you will see two yellow bins. I said do you expect us to go in the bin?. She said yes we are saving on toilet paper!.

Hope to travel to Wrexham next season.

#18 3feathers

3feathers
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:26 AM

As a North Walian it's fantastic to have our own team.

"We mustn't forget" rugby league inside the M62 is "Played by (some) people" from Wales as well as England (and Australia). Being so close, players will go both ways. We're almost as close to Huddersfield as Hull.

Hopefully we can move on, and create a fantastic club, that can do North Wales and Rugby League proud. Well done Cru and thank you for all the positive messages above.

• Pie tries likes this

#19 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,595 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:35 AM

Well said and very well done to Crusaders, they have managed to do a good job of retaining enough support for the club from the fantastic original support attracted by the Superleague version of the club.

We mustn't forget their winning game was however mostly "played by people" they bought in who were from and whose whose careers started in M62 land at Leigh, Leeds, Saints, Wire, Widnes, Leigh, Salford, Bradford etc.

Indeed. We must put them back in their place.

#20 Spicer

Spicer
  • Coach
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:22 AM

Just like Giants,another club deserving of the title.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users