Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Leigh Score Video Highlights

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Cableguy

Cableguy
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:29 PM

Here are the highlights so those who couldn't make it appreciate what the team did. Those who came, a chance to relive...  http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Hm75JKNndw4

Get down to Donny and support the lads in the play-offs for the first time in 13 years

#2 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,631 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:48 AM

Here are the highlights so those who couldn't make it appreciate what the team did. Those who came, a chance to relive...  http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Hm75JKNndw4

Get down to Donny and support the lads in the play-offs for the first time in 13 years

Excellent quality video - was that from the Leigh site ?

#3 Cableguy

Cableguy
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:30 AM

Excellent quality video - was that from the Leigh site ?

. Nope. Dewsbury's own.

#4 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:46 AM

Great video, good to see the tries and superb conversion from Kieran Hyde to win the game. Pryce made his tries look easy.

#5 STEVE P

STEVE P
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:31 AM

That's a good video, but an even better win. To win a game from a losing position makes a change from the reverse scenarios we had earlier in the season. Pardon my ignorance, but why do the Centurions have a pig for a mascot?

Don't know why I'm whispering, I must have been pressing buttons that I don't understand again.

Edited by STEVE P, 03 September 2013 - 07:33 AM.

#6 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:17 AM

Werent they known as the SteamPigs, prior to the centurion era?

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#7 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,217 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:18 AM

It isn't a pig, it's Tim Street.

HTH

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#8 RogerTRam

RogerTRam
  • Coach
  • 212 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:13 AM

I think Parky pig came about from a relationship between the club and one of their sponsors called Park inn. They also used to have a centurion mascot but it did not prove favourable with the supporters.

#9 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 409 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

I think Parky pig came about from a relationship between the club and one of their sponsors called Park inn. They also used to have a centurion mascot but it did not prove favourable with the supporters.

Parkside Skoda, actually

#10 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 409 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:36 PM

You can watch the whole game on Leigh Centurions TV (in HD if you wish) for a one month fee of £3.50. You would also get access to the other features currently live on Leigh Centurions TV. £3.50 is a bargain - especially after your performance on Sunday.

To register, just follow the instructions from this link - and enjoy!

http://www.leighcent...ionstv/register

#11 RogerTRam

RogerTRam
  • Coach
  • 212 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:59 PM

Parkside Skoda, actually

Ah right I knew it was "Park" something. But back to the orignal question why a pig ? Was it somthing sombody had spare or was it planned from the start?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users