Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Congratulations on the play off place

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:36 AM

Just like to say well done to you guys getting to the playoffs and good luck at Batley...you have won there once so come on do it again.

Lee

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#2 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:53 AM

Thanks marra, and well done on survival

#3 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:36 AM

been a good season for Workington Town,to reach the play offs after that fixture pile up is no mean achievement.
well done to all concerned with the club.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#4 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

Thanks lee and glad to see Barrow avoid the bottom two. As bomber says with a fixture pile up like ours its an achievement.

#5 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:49 PM

It was a good game last time we played you, so I hope you send a decent number for your last game of the season ;)

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#6 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

We've absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain . No pressure at all , just go out and play . If we do that for the full 80 we'll be competitive . Top 8 in this league first year up is like winning a trophy for us , who would have predicted that in January ? Plenty to build on , and plenty of improvement in us still , which is very encouraging .

#7 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,772 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:33 PM

A play off place is brilliant in our first season back, great to see barrow stay up too.

Oh but recre faithful on the shaven site is happy they didn't make them because when" you look into the costs finishing 7th & 8th it frightens you" what a clown.

#8 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:37 PM

Oh right , so it was a cunning plan to go into free fall ? Well then congratulations on succeeding so fully .

#9 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

A play off place is brilliant in our first season back, great to see barrow stay up too.

Oh but recre faithful on the shaven site is happy they didn't make them because when" you look into the costs finishing 7th & 8th it frightens you" what a clown.

LOL.... they are just trying to hide the disappointment of finsihing below Town again...

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#10 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 864 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:49 PM

They won't let me back on that site just because I have an opinion that is truthful they are as ###### as the thing a dog produces

#11 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:19 PM

He is not the sharpest knife in the drawer dkw. Last week he wrote in one post that a team could lose every match and pick up 22 bonus points and a team that won 10 games could be relegated!!!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#12 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

Haha classic

#13 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,772 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

His latest post where he tries to reason out what he wrote is just as funny, if not funnier.

#14 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

Their forum has imploded like their season. Lol

#15 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

Their forum has imploded like their season. Lol

:help:  :help:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#16 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

:help: :help: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ha ha that about sums it up bomber lol. BKM/H4E was having a right laugh when they were 7pts ahead of us but he has soon gone quiet even after his trip to see mickey mouse. He is gutted we came above them.

#17 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:47 PM

Ha ha that about sums it up bomber lol. BKM/H4E was having a right laugh when they were 7pts ahead of us but he has soon gone quiet even after his trip to see mickey mouse. He is gutted we came above them.

.......think of the money they have saved though by finishing ninth :good: wrecre faithless is delighted :dancer:  :dancer:

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#18 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:51 PM

It was important this season to try and win as many home matches as possible, especially against the teams outside the top 5....... OK we lost to Donny at home but managed to beat top 5 Leigh. To finsih in the top 8 after the hectic run shows how well the club has done this year.

Havens biggest downfall was the defeats to Keighley and Swinton at home.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

#19 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

.......think of the money they have saved though by finishing ninth :good: wrecre faithless is delighted :dancer:  :dancer:

And all that money saved by losing their last 5 matches as well, and only using a 33 seater Team bus for Featherstone away.

#20 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

more comedy gold ont jambo forum tonight.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!