Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Yere equals Sheffield record

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 League Express

League Express
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

Menzie Yere equaled the Sheffeield Eagles club record for tries in a career (114) with his two tries against Doncaster.

Click here to view the article

League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

#2 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,167 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

is he good enough for SL?

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#3 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,803 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:08 PM

He's no spring chicken.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#4 Cardigan Arms

Cardigan Arms
  • Coach
  • 552 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

Nor was Stanley Gene

#5 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

Are there any spring chickens in PNG?

rldfsignature.jpg

#6 gavin7094

gavin7094
  • Coach
  • 224 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:19 PM

is he good enough for SL?

The question was is he good enough, not is he young enough. At 29 he'd hardly be the oldest player in SL, would he? I would like to think he deserved to be given a chance in SL. The irony is that if we had a system of promotion and relegation he might have been and then both he and us would have got the answer to the question by now. I suspect he is good enough though I think he still has a couple of years left on his Sheffield contract and would hate to see him leave. If nothing else, at least he could use the extra money to ship more kit back to PNG. Well done Menzie.

Edited by gavin7094, 02 September 2013 - 06:21 PM.

#7 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

I've always liked him but I hint he's at the right level.
The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#8 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,594 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

I've always liked him but I hint he's at the right level.

I am sure he will be in the Papua New Guinea Rugby World Cup team. That will be a good opportunity to see how he performs against SL and NRL players. Have you bought your tickets for their games yet ?

#9 gavin7094

gavin7094
  • Coach
  • 224 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:19 PM

I believe that he's already PNG's highest ever try scorer? Including tries against New Zealand and Englans as I recall. Should tell you something.

I am sure he will be in the Papua New Guinea Rugby World Cup team. That will be a good opportunity to see how he performs against SL and NRL players. Have you bought your tickets for their games yet ?

I believe that he's already PNG's highest ever try scorer? Including tries against New Zealand and England as I recall. Should tell you something.

Edited by gavin7094, 02 September 2013 - 08:20 PM.