New Coach Required

• Please log in to reply
272 replies to this topic

#121 Alias

Alias
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:12 PM

Read tonight's evening mail why cresta turned job down . Nothing to do with money !

#122 Alias

Alias
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:13 PM

The BOD are still interviewing candidates for the job .

#123 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:26 PM

IMHO we shouldve got Mossy and Bruie signed for 2 years as well ;) 

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#124 STW

STW
  • Coach
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:45 PM

Couple of names in the frame mentioned in today's League Weekly, on Nosey Parkers page.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it!

Steve W

#125 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:48 PM

Couple of names in the frame mentioned in today's League Weekly, on Nosey Parkers page.

who were they mate ?

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#126 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,557 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:32 PM

Interesting piece in Rugby Leaguer today. He doesn't want to let Dalton or BARLA down at this stage but he states he would like the job when the time is right.

Posted Image

#127 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:04 PM

is time not know.? chance to mould his own team and bring in the best amateurs in the area.  anyway all this dead talk. lets move on and speculate or new boss of the raiders.

#128 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,472 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

I'd approach him again to prove just how much you want him, everybody likes to be loved and valued, prove to him thats he's the main man and he may be flattered enough to accept

#129 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

I'd approach him again to prove just how much you want him, everybody likes to be loved and valued, prove to him thats he's the main man and he may be flattered enough to accept

The trouble is Mick according to the Mail they are still negotiating with THEIR favourite.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#130 Alias

Alias
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:27 PM

Cresta didn't want the job .. It's explained in the mail
. He didn't apply for the job . The BOD approached him .. And he doesn't want to do it . Fair play to cresta for being honest . So that's it ! The other interviews are taking place this week and the BOD will give it to the man ( or woman , let's not be sexist here ) ☺️ who is best for Barrow Raiders . I think it will be at least another week before we know .

#131 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

-

Edited by TheTerminator, 23 September 2013 - 08:19 PM.

Posted Image

#132 Alias

Alias
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

As good coaches are in short supply in your neck of the woods, why not stick with the lads doing the job now and set on a director of coaching to advise them. Lot cheaper and more successful in the long run.

Great idea !

#133 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:55 PM

As good coaches are in short supply in your neck of the woods, why not stick with the lads doing the job now and set on a director of coaching to advise them. Lot cheaper and more successful in the long run.

So, in effect you want a coach, to coach the coaches - hmmm

I remember Wayne Bennett telling Paul Cullen that his position at Widnes as coaching director was a joke - since the coach should have the final say, not someone above him who rests pretty when things go badly.

If a coaching director wants to coach - then become a coach, rather than taking a paid position as well as employing coaching staff.

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#134 Raider94

Raider94
  • Coach
  • 303 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:20 AM

I dont think the new coach whoever it will be is going to complain about the players who have already signed. Hopefully we can manage to add a bit more quality/depth to the squad and make a good push for the playoffs next season.

Tom Heighton

#135 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:58 AM

Agree whole-heartedly. What about calling the chaps who coach the first team, first team coaches and the experienced one Head Coach. Now that will be the cost effective  answer. It also solves the problem of having another Director.

But why pay 3 coaches when we can just have 1 and an assistant.

We're not big enough or cashed up enough to have a multitude of coaches, and with no reserve grade either, its pointless. 1 man in charge with an assistant is all we need.

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#136 Penno

Penno
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:19 AM

We dont pay 3 coaches currently , because marwood does his coaching for free down at barrow so in effect we only do have 1 assistant coach that is costing us money.

#137 Penno

Penno
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:30 AM

I do wish that Pennington would log in as himself when posting stuff ;)

#138 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:44 PM

-

Edited by TheTerminator, 24 September 2013 - 08:24 PM.

Posted Image

#139 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:07 PM

I can confirm that a former Halifax and Swinton coach has got the Barrow job. Forget Senior, my information was incorrect.

Sounds like yet another wind up to me !!!!

Posted Image

#140 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:15 PM

Sounds like yet another wind up to me !!!!

100% accurate. Part-time appointment, with Atkinson and Marwood to remain as assistants.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users