Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Div 2 Relagation/Div 3 Promotion

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 AC3

AC3
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:22 PM

Does anyone have any opinion or knowledge on what is happening here?

I know that on the NCL website it states one will get relegated from 2 due to Widnes West Bank dropping out, but does it not seem more logical to promote 3 from Div 3?

I think with this being the first year of Division 3, it was always going to be a bit of a mixed bag but based on some of the results that the likes of Kells/Blackbrook/Underbank have produced in the cup, along with Pilkingtons results in the league does anyone else feel that keeping them in division 3 well hinder them in seasons to come?

#2 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,030 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

Promotion has to be achieved not given away, start at the bottom and progress on merit.

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#3 AC3

AC3
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

If that's your theory then are one of the Div2 teams being 'merited' based on the fall of another team folding and 'given' safety?

#4 AC3

AC3
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

Relegation* (in the topic)

#5 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,030 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

If a team has dropped out then one less team needs to be relegated, the two positions will be filled by the two teams in Division 3 who have the most points. Simples.

Do you think all four teams that you have mentioned should be promoted meaning three relegated from Div2?

Edited by once a ref always a ref, 03 September 2013 - 05:42 PM.

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#6 barbara henderson

barbara henderson
  • Coach
  • 352 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

Promotion has to be achieved not given away, start at the bottom and progress on merit.

Spot on! ;)

#7 AC3

AC3
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

I don't think that 4 should be promoted and 3 relegated as that wouldn't be fair on the Division 2 teams as, at the start of the season, it was set out that 2 would be relegated. If it was the case that it was one of the bottom 2 teams in division 2 had folded, then I would agree, 1 relegated would be fair as they were more than likely go down anyway.

From what I hear, more clubs are looking to come in to the NCL meaning an overcrowded Div3. Even with an extra relegation from Div1 and and the two promotions from 3 to 2 and one relegation, it only leaves Div2 with 12 clubs.

What I've said is very long winded but to me, three promotions makes sense. Only my opinion

#8 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,800 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:28 PM

I don't think that 4 should be promoted and 3 relegated as that wouldn't be fair on the Division 2 teams as, at the start of the season, it was set out that 2 would be relegated. If it was the case that it was one of the bottom 2 teams in division 2 had folded, then I would agree, 1 relegated would be fair as they were more than likely go down anyway.

From what I hear, more clubs are looking to come in to the NCL meaning an overcrowded Div3. Even with an extra relegation from Div1 and and the two promotions from 3 to 2 and one relegation, it only leaves Div2 with 12 clubs.

What I've said is very long winded but to me, three promotions makes sense. Only my opinion

How many fill the criteria

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#9 AC3

AC3
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:34 PM

In terms of the teams that have applied to come in next year?

If that's the case then I haven't a clue.

#10 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 446 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:09 PM

How many fill the criteria

I'm sure we'll find out soon enough. You don't have to fulfil criteria to apply but do to be accepted

#11 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,800 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:21 AM

I'm sure we'll find out soon enough. You don't have to fulfil criteria to apply but do to be accepted

I can't understand why they apply if they aren't even near the criteria.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#12 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 446 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:32 PM

I can't understand why they apply if they aren't even near the criteria.

Some clubs don't read them or are misinformed. We saw that last year with the likes of Bramley et al applying who didn't fulfil criteria

Edited by Spidey, 05 September 2013 - 12:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users