TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

THAT WAS THE SEASON- THAT WAS.

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:53 AM

GAMES--  29

POINTS FOR-- 613

POINTS AGAINST--800

AVERAGE SCORE-- 21-28

TRIES- 103

KEINHORST - 13

MAPALS - 11

GOALS and DROP GOALS - 78

HELLIWELL - 38

MARCH - 33

MOST APPEARANCES.

MENZIES- 29 (as they say in cricket "failed to trouble the scorers"

HAUGHEY - 28- 7 tries.

HOUSTON - 27 - 4 tries

MARCH- 27- 5 tries, 33goals.

YATES - 27 - 6 tries.

#2 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:07 AM

AVERAGE SCORE-- 21-28

With the budget you had I'd say that's not bad at all. Just think how well Eaton would have done with the same money as Fev or Fax.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#3 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:18 AM

Would be interesting to see how the averages for the other bottom teams compare

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#4 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

8 Workington 19-26
9 Whitehaven 19-30
10 Swinton 20 - 28
11 Keighley 19-28
12 Barrow 19-31
13 Hunslet 20-27
14 York 19-28

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#5 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:29 PM

Interesting that the teams down there all scored 19 or 20 points on average or do I need to get out more?

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#6 Penola

Penola
  • 610 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:10 PM

I'm not as it happens. I genuinely think an average score of 21-28 isn't bad when you consider some teams were spending about 3 times as much as you on players.

Agreed. With a fit Grimmer and a couple decent half backs Eaton would have been in the play offs. Small margins

#7 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 933 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:03 PM

Further assorted trivia ... A.K.A. "How to waste away most of your lunch hour" ...

CHAMPIONSHIP 2011-2013

Of 64 league games played over the three seasons, we won just 12, drew 1 and lost 51. Five of those wins (and the draw) were against York.

Combined record of all league games against Featherstone, Sheffield, Leigh, Halifax, Batley, Dewsbury; Played 36, Lost 36. (Though we did beat Sheffield in a 2011 Northern Rail match.)

We failed to win a single match in May, June and July in any of the three years.

DUAL REG

Hunslet used Dual Reg for the first time in 2013; 11 Dual Reg players were used altogether. I suspect this is probably fewer than the number of Dual-Reg and/or loans used by Swinton, Workington and Whitehaven, and around the same as Dewsbury and Doncaster, but I have no (easy) way of checking and will happily stand corrected if supporters of any of those clubs can confirm otherwise.

Hood (19) and Keinhorst (15) topped dual-reg appearances; Clarkson, Foster, McAvoy and McShane all made just one appearance each.

Of the 493 total team appearances in 2013 (29 games x 17 players), 79 were by dual-reg players (assuming Jimmy Watson came off dual reg on 14 June). So dual-reg accounted for around 16% of the make-up of Hunslet teams over the course of the season.

ATTENDANCES

Based on figures quoted in the media, 2013 average attendances were 582, an increase of 47 from 2012.

The club-by-club comparison makes interesting reading because of the "staggered" admission price policy introduced in 2013 - however I will be interested to see if anybody can find any

"patterns" amongst these figures ... 

(all £16)  2013

BARROW             -           491 (£12)
BATLEY             506         850** (£14)
DEWSBURY       463         628 (£14)
DONCASTER       -            415 (£14)
FEATHERSTONE 724      1256 (£16)
HALIFAX             664        722 (£16)  
KEIGHLEY          505       455 (£14)
LEIGH                608        432 (£16)
SHEFFIELD       419         491* (£12)  
SWINTON         426         463 (£14)  
WHITEHAVEN     -            375 (£12) 
WORKINGTON    -           382 (£12) 
YORK                505         609 (£16)

* midweek match
** midweek match televised

Edited by Hawkwindbag, 05 September 2013 - 12:15 PM.

#8 james cunny

james cunny

maximus aurelius

• Coach
  • 5,289 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:01 PM

Only two games there have lower attendances then the season before sort of vindicates the pricing policy in my mind
Hunslet Hawks Champions 2010

#9 Jemmo

Jemmo
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:43 AM

Re Dual Reg:

Doncaster have used 4 DR players :

Danny Cowling (25 appearances), Liam Kay (21), Kyle Trout (15), Matt Wildie (2)

#10 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 933 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:43 AM

Re Dual Reg:

Doncaster have used 4 DR players :

Danny Cowling (25 appearances), Liam Kay (21), Kyle Trout (15), Matt Wildie (2)

Thanks for the info Jemmo.

Under what "status" did Clare, Goulding and Dawson play for Doncaster this season? (I have selected these simply because they played in Donny's matches against us) ... have any others played under the same status ?

#11 Jemmo

Jemmo
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:07 AM

Thanks for the info Jemmo.

Under what "status" did Clare, Goulding and Dawson play for Doncaster this season? (I have selected these simply because they played in Donny's matches against us) ... have any others played under the same status ?

Sorry yes, Goulding was a DR as wel and played 4 games. He was missing off the stats I was using. So we have used 5.

Clare, Dawson (and Dave Scott) were/are on loan

#12 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 933 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:07 PM

Sorry yes, Goulding was a DR as wel and played 4 games. He was missing off the stats I was using. So we have used 5.

Clare, Dawson (and Dave Scott) were/are on loan

OK thanks again Jemmo - best of luck in the playoffs ...

#13 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:34 PM

Up to date as we have another match this weekend, Workington have used 9 dual registered players from Widnes :-

Declan Hulme - 14 games; Paddy Flynn - 10 games; Adam Lawton - 5 games; Danny Craven - 4 games; Grant Gore - 2 games; Ben Davies, Ben Kavanagh and Shuan Briscoe - 1 game each, plus Magraff Leuluai who played 1 NR Cup game.

After playing one game under DR Shuan Briscoe then signed for Town for the rest of the season.

So Dual Registered players took up 7.64% of the make up of Town's sides during the season.

Edited by Keith T, 06 September 2013 - 05:59 PM.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#14 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:29 AM

Agreed. With a fit Grimmer and a couple decent half backs Eaton would have been in the play offs. Small margins

Yes so true Penola, Because the 2 half backs we had was the worst by a mile in this league, and it cost us dearly.

I did think after the first match against Barrow , which we beat them easy. No problem staying up, so I thought.

I could not for the life of me seeing Barrow staying up, as talking to their supporters after the game they agreed with me.

Our 2 half backs went on after that game to be out of their depth in this league.

Only when we got the Coyle brothers , we improved in the half backs ,and  sadly that was too late for us. With the squad we had including DR, we should have been in the play offs , at the very least as you said.

A lot of our failure begins and ends with the coach. Ok so we have him next season,lucky Mr Eaton, he needs to deliver, remember the Barrow coach got the sack, for what????? , when he should have been made the Lord Mayor of Barrow, let alone their coach for next season.

#15 robt

robt
  • Coach
  • 727 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:39 AM

OK thanks again Jemmo - best of luck in the playoffs ...

We also used 3 Dual Registered players in 2012, Cowling, Walshaw and Spiers, with another couple of players appearing on loan at times.

Rob Terrace - Matchday Photographer / Highlights 'editor', Doncaster RLFC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users