TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Team for batley

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#21 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:24 AM

It could be the last game of the season it's been a brilliant first year so get there and give them the support they need

#22 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:47 PM

Why does this happen every year ? Embarrassing

#23 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

Flynn is not in the 17 and i have a feeling Hulme wont be too.Wonder if they can play on Sunday if not in the 17?

#24 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:28 PM

Is Batley Variety Club still open?

#25 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 856 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:53 PM

Yes i have heard both are available for sunday.

#26 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:02 AM

Is Batley Variety Club still open?

Yes but it is a night club now but still has live acts on

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#27 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

If Callum and Lupton are away and Matty injured presume Olstrum to hooker but whats our half back pairing ? Forber and Connor or Carter (if not injured) maybe ?

#28 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 856 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:47 AM

I think the team could be MILLER CALDERWOOD CONNOR MOSSOP FLYNN FORBER LUPTON COWARD MATTY? DOWES STACKY MORRIS OLSTRUM ACTON ROONEY THACKARY COTTER

#29 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

If Callum and Lupton are away and Matty injured presume Olstrum to hooker but whats our half back pairing ? Forber and Connor or Carter (if not injured) maybe ?

What is the matter with Carter? It can't be doing his Scotland prospects any good not playing matches!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#30 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:08 AM

good luck to all concerned with Workington Town today.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#31 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:59 AM

That is something that leaves a bit of a sour taste . McCormack wants a strong squad ... Players want to play in a WC , so they come together purely for this tournament . These players have zero allegiance and only want to join the month long jamboree . No thanks to playing Ireland next year at a windswept out ground ! But truly committed players who do all the treadmill work in minor games and turn out all the time get pushed out . Difficult to resist temptation but still must grate a bit . Will the coach stick to the loyal troops??? We'll see but wouldn't hold my breath if top stars want a gig .

#32 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

do you reckon he will be expecting inclusion with around 18 new super League and NRL players included ?

Well he is in the 40 man squad with a good chance of making the final 24, so why not? As DavidM says it just depends how loyal McCormack is with the loyal players that turn up for the less glamorous games.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#33 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:09 PM

A loss today and the club pick up £1,000 but with a win that would guarantee a £4,000 payout!!!!

#34 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:28 PM

Team yet ? 2pm kick off ain't it ?

#35 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,099 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:44 PM

Today's team is :-

Miller
Calderwood
Mossop
Connor
Dawson
Lupton
Forber
Dowes
Olstrom
Thackray
Morris
Stack
Robinson

Coward
Acton
Rooney
McAvoy

#36 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

Defensively strong you'd hope but you wonder how many points are there . Matty and Callum massive holes . The 7,9, 13 axis stands out , so if they shut Lupton down its job done for them you'd reckon .

Edited by DavidM, 08 September 2013 - 12:49 PM.

#37 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,710 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

looks a bit under strength. but just hope the 17 do the shirt proud.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#38 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:08 PM

Town 6 - 0 up. Thackray try Forber goal

#39 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:10 PM

Now Batley 4 - Town 6. 9 mins gone

#40 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:13 PM

Batley 10 - Town 6. Both tries from kicks through.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users