TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Team for batley

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#101 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:40 PM

FT: Batley 68 - Town 28. And let's not forget that this was only the fifth best team in the division. I feel sorry for the lads who played today because they have done their best but dear oh dear it happens now every year and it does nothing to encourage new fans to our games.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#102 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:41 PM

Well done Jamie Thacks good luck next season.

#103 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:41 PM

Next season starts from now then .

Edited by DavidM, 08 September 2013 - 02:42 PM.

#104 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:42 PM

Why is he definitely going?

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#105 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:45 PM

Doncaster losing at home to Dewsbury 12 - 30

#106 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:46 PM

Ha are you for real? Didn't one of your posts get screenshoted by one of the players not so long ago for being too negative? That why you stayed away from the board?

You blaming Carl forber then for today eh... God for bid a half might need a pack... But he seems to have played very well today - after a run in the side hell who would have thought it... One thing for sure - he's done better than ###### briscoe today hasn't he...

i dont think anyones blaming Carl Forber for anything .

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#107 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:48 PM

thats the season over then ,thanks for the memories Town ,well done on reaching the play offs ,not the ending we wanted ,well done Batley ..Lambrini time .......

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#108 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Dewsbury have got going late on havnt they ?

#109 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Simple next season we won't get the pick of the players from where we are situated - keep hold of what we can minus a few who need cut - let's TRY and get a bit of competition for places within the squad whether it be from young amateurs or pros - if we are going down the duel reg role then lets try and get set up with a decent side - widnes have offered us nothing... But most of all cut out the holidays for the players and keep a settled halfback pairing WHOEVER it may be - plenty of guts and determination on show in the side - and even in a blowout today they have shown they can score tries - Batley can go orgasmic over beating us all they want but they've beaten a newly promoted beaten up side who's played probs double the games of them in the past month - few additions and we will go well ...

Now let the lads enjoy their break and get off their backs ... Seasons done... We've stayed in the championship happy days.

#110 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:51 PM

Simple next season we won't get the pick of the players from where we are situated - keep hold of what we can minus a few who need cut - let's TRY and get a bit of competition for places within the squad whether it be from young amateurs or pros - if we are going down the duel reg role then lets try and get set up with a decent side - widnes have offered us nothing... But most of all cut out the holidays for the players and keep a settled halfback pairing WHOEVER it may be - plenty of guts and determination on show in the side - and even in a blowout today they have shown they can score tries - Batley can go orgasmic over beating us all they want but they've beaten a newly promoted beaten up side who's played probs double the games of them in the past month - few additions and we will go well ...

Now let the lads enjoy their break and get off their backs ... Seasons done... We've stayed in the championship happy days.

now go and have a lie down.........or a Lambrini ;)

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#111 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

Ahhhhhhh, the relaxation properties of a Lambrini.

#112 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

So we get to the play offs, and we cant put a full side on the park, yes people are injured but we also have players who arnt. BOD need to sort this out next season, Batley at full strength don't see their star players taking holidays, it just leaves a bad taste in your mouth, if we had the full commitment of all the team this season god knows what we could have achieved. 

Well done tho Town its been a roller coaster season.

#113 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

Well said Tf10

#114 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:04 PM

Ahhhhhhh, the relaxation properties of a Lambrini.

welcome to my world Keih old chum cheers. :buba:

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#115 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:05 PM

Well I think we'd have been 6th at best then even if we'd won this round we'd have travelled away to one of the top 4 anyway. Considering the target was survival I can understand (although I agree players should only be allowed a certain amount of leave and unpaid leave at that) why players hadn't expected to have a play off game. If we'd only had one game a week for the last 2 month instead of the ridiculous schedule we've had we may have had more players available.

#116 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

haha toffee a Batley fan asking if we want the dvd , i said i will have it for free lol.does he not realise when we bought the dvd last time all monies went to Batley via B.IS.S.A, what a buffoon.

enjoy your win Bulldogs .

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#117 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

Did Keith say £1000 prize money ? That seems ridiculous for making the playoffs in such a hard league . About 50 quid each !

#118 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

I would imagine it would've cost the club money looking at the attendance

#119 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

Did Keith say £1000 prize money ? That seems ridiculous for making the playoffs in such a hard league . About 50 quid each !

wouldnt pay or my Lambrini addiction hic. :tongue:

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#120 anok4u

anok4u
  • Coach
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

Well done boys been a good season overall heard big things for next season..here's hoping! Now you've all earned an holiday ha
go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users