Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Team for batley

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#121 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:13 PM

i know its a bit of a battering but we should all be proud of what the club hss achieved this year. we will probably have a large turn around in players for next season with the likes of coward,acton,thacks,carter,cotter,calders and quite probably briscoe all leaving for various reasons. so lets hope were looking at some quality replacements who kick us on to the next level.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#122 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:18 PM

The Championship prizemoney is decided on where you finish after the play-offs, so although we were 8th in the league table, if we had won, Batley would have dropped to 7th and if Dewsbury win at Donny then Donny would drop to 8th. Then it's the same after the next round of matches.

Prizes :- GF Winners - £50,000; Runners-up - £30,000; 3rd - £12,000; 4th - £10,000; 5th - £6,000; 6th - £4,000; 7th - £2,000 and 8th - £1,000.

Edited by Keith T, 08 September 2013 - 03:19 PM.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#123 ChunkyOnion

ChunkyOnion
  • Coach
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

Hope the lads enjoy mad Monday, they've earned it.
Surf dudes with attitudes, (Kinda groovy), Laid back moods. Sky above, sand below (Good vibrations), Feelin' mellow. Won't give it up, Don't wanna stop....Don't wake me up, Don't wake me up if I'm dreamin', California dreams, Just let me lay here in the sun, Until my dream is done

#124 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:43 PM

Well done boys been a good season overall heard big things for next season..here's hoping! Now you've all earned an holiday ha

I wish I had heard big things for next season I might not be so worried. Roll on January 'til we find out.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#125 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:57 PM

Felt a bit sorry for you guys today. You were depleted numbers wise and ran into a Batley side that have really come into form. Thankfully for us, at the right time.

It reminded me a bit of our defeat in the play offs against Sheffield last year.

Congratulations on your very admirable season though. See you next year.

#126 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

Next season is massive . It could well determine clubs futures off the pitch as well as on . Getting into that middle group of 12 is very important , and if there's only the nine spots left its gonna be a real dogfight . No doubt Crusaders will strengthen as well , so reinforcing strongly the quality we have is a must , and full availability other than injuries is another must .

Edited by DavidM, 08 September 2013 - 05:01 PM.

#127 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

Maintained our league status. Made the playoffs
Finished top placed cumbrian team. Thats something to build on. One negative thing for me is the breaks taken during the season by players. Its semi pro sport and they get paid. That needs addressed. I dont accept the "they have a life too" comments

#128 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

Felt a bit sorry for you guys today. You were depleted numbers wise and ran into a Batley side that have really come into form. Thankfully for us, at the right time.

It reminded me a bit of our defeat in the play offs against Sheffield last year.

Congratulations on your very admirable season though. See you next year.

I agree. I thought Workington played well going forward, and Forber and Thackray were outstanding. I believe, as I put on our forum, that Thackray's performance was the best I have seen from a prop this season at the Mount.

#129 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 872 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:54 PM

I agree. I thought Workington played well going forward, and Forber and Thackray were outstanding. I believe, as I put on our forum, that Thackray's performance was the best I have seen from a prop this season at the Mount.

Thacks can be outstanding marra, but in a lot of games for Town he was not on the pitch long enough, this I think has frustrated Jamie and Town fans.

Well done today and good luck in the next round.

#130 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

It's a pity he didn't do it earlier in the season

#131 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

It's a pity he didn't do it earlier in the season

apart from the 1st few games when thacks had a few problems i think hes been good all season.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#132 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

He tries very hard , sometimes to hard , and because he's always trying to do so much he makes mistakes , but they're not always his fault . If he offloads he's entitled to have a receiver waiting . No one faults him if a mistake comes from trying something . It's the silly things like dropping it in our own end and gobbing to the ref that are annoying . But you easily square the ledger with the rampaging runs and sheer oomph he gives . It's ups n downs , a real roller coaster ride with him , but he gives an xfactor that you wouldn't casually throw away .

#133 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:16 PM

Lost too much weight in my opinion

#134 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

Lost too much weight in my opinion

that seemed to have no affect today, especially when running up hill after making a break. Also showed plenty of strength too.

#135 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:19 PM

I know what your saying Geordie . Maybe add a bit more back , won't do any harm to his other attributes .

#136 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

Go nicely on his highlights tape for a contract next season - caused more arguments this year than davidM

#137 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:23 PM

Still a country mile behind you marra !!! All good fun though .

#138 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:29 PM

we dont argue on here , just have different opinions
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#139 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:42 PM

Where would we be without different opinions. Agree or not I don't mind putting my head above the parapet with mine . They're reasoned and well constructed and thought out ,and not personal , and all because I care about the club and the game . Hell of a state if people didn't care and just as bad if everyone thought and said the same thing . Be a poor forum

Edited by DavidM, 08 September 2013 - 06:44 PM.

#140 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

Where would we be without different opinions. Agree or not I don't mind putting my head above the parapet with mine . They're reasoned and well constructed and thought out ,and not personal , and all because I care about the club and the game . Hell of a state if people didn't care and just as bad if everyone thought and said the same thing . Be a poor forum

i will raise a Lambrini to that David .

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users