TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

05/09/13 - Wigan Warriors v Leeds Rhinos KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Wigan Warriors (3 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

2. Leeds Rhinos (11 votes [64.71%])

Percentage of vote: 64.71%

3. Draw (3 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

Discuss Wigan Warriors v Leeds Rhinos here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,865 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

Hard to call this one.I'll plump for Wigan 24-8
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#3 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

Tricky to say the least. If Lockers is out Leeds should win .

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#4 brooza

brooza
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

I've been looking forward to this one for a few weeks when I realised it was likely to be a playoff for third. Thank you Hull and Catalans for your part in making this possible (no thanks to you, Hull KR)

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#5 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,346 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:45 PM

3rd is yours if you want it, Brooza.

#6 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

This should be a cracker, regardless of it being a game for finishing 3rd it is now that both teams will be wanting to start to build momentum, Leeds finally have practically a full squad to choose from and Wigan will have got rid of the wembley hangover and will want to put a market down.

#7 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,346 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

These are usually excellent games, but I wouldn't be holding my breath about tomorrow. At this rate we'll have kept more powder dry than a herd of Columbian mules.

#8 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,645 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:31 PM

Wigan to throw the game and leave Leeds to play wires twice (if results are similar to wires / saints last season)

#9 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:54 PM

Leeds to win their last preseason game and build some momentum going into the proper matches.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#10 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,272 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:44 PM

Wigan to throw the game and leave Leeds to play wires twice (if results are similar to wires / saints last season)

I think if went to club call with Huddersfield beating Wigan first game, I think they'd choose Leeds personally.

Anyways Leeds by 16.

#11 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:10 PM

As regards the play offs, winners go to Warrington, losers go to Huddersfield. Interesting.

I think both Wigan and Leeds will go all out for a victory, momentum at this stage of the season is everything.

Wigan 14 Leeds 18.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#12 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,645 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:04 AM

Are you seriously suggesting that a club such as Wigan are going to deliberately lose a game?

That sounds like a very serious allegation to me.

Worded poorly by me.

I do think Wigan prefer 4th spot.

#13 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:28 AM

I think both Wigan and Leeds will go all out for a victory, momentum at this stage of the season is everything.

Not sure about this.....I suspect that, with essentially not a great deal to play for, both sides will be hoping to avoid injuring key players pre play-offs

#14 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:59 AM

Neither Wigan or Leeds have beaten Huddersfield this season so I don't believe this avoidance strategy. Although it would be funny to watch a game with two teams playing under those conditions!

That said, the bean counters will look for Huddersfield v Leeds and Warrington v Wigan in the play-offs.

(This also sidles up to my theory of Catalans away at St Helens and Hull FC v Hull KR)

FACT... :biggrin:

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#15 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:35 AM

With the loss of O'Loughlin's organisation skills, Leeds by 10.

#16 brooza

brooza
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:36 AM

3rd is yours if you want it, Brooza.

I'll take it!

Huddersfield have beaten Leeds 3 times this year, so I'd rather avoid them until Old Trafford, when Leeds will have home advantage!

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#17 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,745 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:17 AM

As regards the play offs, winners go to Warrington, losers go to Huddersfield. Interesting.

Wigan 14 Leeds 18.

Sounds about right to me. 

#18 PolyTheParrot

PolyTheParrot
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

Wigan score first and last but Leeds win 28-18.

#19 TBC

TBC
  • Coach
  • 756 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:01 PM

This going to be a tough one for Wigan to lose. With everyone wanting to play the Giants in the play-offs even 0-0 is no good to them with their superior points difference.

#20 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

Never a 40 20 that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users