Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

06/09/13 - Hull FC v St Helens KO 8pm

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Hull FC (5 votes [45.45%])

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

2. St Helens (5 votes [45.45%])

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

3. Draw (1 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,405 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:41 PM

Discuss Hull FC v St Helens here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,973 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:15 PM

Whatever permutation is required for Catalan to play away and a Hull derby play-off will occur.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#3 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,559 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

Hull 10 Saints 22
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#4 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

Saints are going to have to play tons better, and our coach is have to going to come up with a much better battle plan, if we are to stand a chance against Hull.

#5 nec

nec
  • Coach
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:50 PM

Saints win by 4 points

Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

#6 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,849 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:47 PM

If Hulls halve backs perform they win comfortably. If not it's anyone's game. Hull by 20.

#7 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,939 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:49 PM

FC by a distance. They're a much better side.

#8 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,649 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:56 PM

Hmmm, if Hull win, we entertain Hull KR in the first round of the playoffs. Dear Lord.... I might have to invest in some ear plugs so I don't have to listen to that rabble from over the river who'll be insufferable after our latest Wembley debacle.

On the other hand, if Saints win, we'll have to await the outcome (yeh right  :rolleyes: ) of Catalans v Wire on Saturday. A Wire victory sees us playing Cats at home but if Catalans win then we travel to France again.

Think it'll be the latter tbh, a close game that Saints will nick 20-22.

Edited by Old Frightful, 04 September 2013 - 11:00 PM.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#9 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:51 AM

It's a tough one to call. There's not a lot between these two teams and they both suffer from inconsistency but have been in good form lately.

I get the feeling we'll get the job done but won't be surprised either way.

#10 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,359 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:32 AM

Hull by 8.

#11 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:33 PM

Are you not sure they are evenly balanced?  :tongue:

visit www.raygent.co.uk for football and rugby league stories. 

#12 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 192 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

Hmmm, if Hull win, we entertain Hull KR in the first round of the playoffs. Dear Lord.... I might have to invest in some ear plugs so I don't have to listen to that rabble from over the river who'll be insufferable after our latest Wembley debacle.

On the other hand, if Saints win, we'll have to await the outcome (yeh right  :rolleyes: ) of Catalans v Wire on Saturday. A Wire victory sees us playing Cats at home but if Catalans win then we travel to France again.

Think it'll be the latter tbh, a close game that Saints will nick 22- 20

I think it's about time you stuck by your team OF instead of worrying too much about your next game concentrate on the one at hand tonight, if you do end playing Rovers of course you will get some banter over your lousy performance at Wembley and rightly so your own fans were giving them plenty at the game, if you get passed Rovers I can't see you getting any further after that can you?

#13 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,649 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:51 PM

I think it's about time you stuck by your team OF instead of worrying too much about your next game concentrate on the one at hand tonight, if you do end playing Rovers of course you will get some banter over your lousy performance at Wembley and rightly so your own fans were giving them plenty at the game, if you get passed Rovers I can't see you getting any further after that can you?

Oh, I do stick by my team pal, don't worry about that.

And anything I post on here is usually light hearted stuff designed to give the likes of SteveReed and HKRAwayDays summat to nibble at in good humour which they usually do.

Accept my postings for what they are, like you mentioned, a bit of banter and you might enjoy the forum a bit more.

And you're probably correct, can't see us getting too far in the play offs but then, I couldn't see us getting to Wembley and look what happened....actually, you're right, stuff getting to Old Trafford, come on Saints...

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#14 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:53 PM

Think it'll be the latter tbh, a close game that Saints will nick 20-22.

Forget the ear plugs, if the 'rabble' are as quiet as they were at the Craven Park derby you'll need a hearing aid.

I hope we do win tonight, Rovers at home represents our best chance of progressing in the competition. Fail to win tonight and I'm pretty sure we'll be making our third trip of the year to France.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#15 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:49 PM

I go to every game with Mr Doom & Gloom, and I can assure you he is the proverbial glass half empty sort!
However his devotion to Hull FC is seconded only by his longstanding adoration to ale.
As I sit here waiting in the pub for pre-match libation, I'm primed for the dour face and shrugs!
And as he just walked up without getting me a pint - he's also a ######!
Shamed he now dashes to the bar :)

Edited by Roy Boy, 06 September 2013 - 04:50 PM.

Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#16 The Big Gun

The Big Gun
  • Coach
  • 390 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

No they're not. Bookies have Saints as 4 point favourites.

#17 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,649 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:01 PM

Around 400 fans from Saints here tonight.

#18 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,649 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:27 PM

First try Saints, somewhat fortunate kick ricochet,

0-6.

#19 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,939 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:31 PM

Are you not sure they are evenly balanced?  :tongue:

Glad someone pays attention :)

#20 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,649 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

Saints over again, long.break by Swift aided by some awful defence by Hull.

0-10.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users