League Express Digital-Only Easter Edition Out Now!

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Princess Diana movie

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:59 AM

Isn't it obvious, she was bumped off by interflora, so the could boost their sales

#22 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,423 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

There is no God. Had there been, there would have been no Boyle.

God created Frankie Boyle in his own image, in the image of God created he him.

And God saw that it was good.
"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#23 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 18,578 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:01 AM

The reviews are in for the new Lady Di film:

"Squirmingly embarrassing script" - The Times

"A cheap and cheerless effort that looks like a Channel 5 mid-week matinee" - The Mirror

"Terribly, terribly dull... the bottom of the royal barrel has been scraped once too often" - The Mail

"16 years after that terrible day in 1997, she has died another awful death" - The Guardian

"A must see this autumn [which] will leave the audience in tears" - The Daily Express :rolleyes: 

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#24 Li0nhead

Li0nhead
  • Coach
  • 711 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:22 AM

Just to save you all some money, in the end she dies.

#25 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:29 AM

In the end, don't we all...?

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#26 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 15,995 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:46 AM

Out of curiosity, I decided to look to see if that was a genuine review on the Express website.  Headline article on the website was about Diana's "murder".  The Express review after I found it (did you know that the Express published 23 stories about Diana in the last week alone?) was the politest trashing of a film I've ever read, I think they may have been trying to avoid upsetting Diana's ghost my inference

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#27 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,625 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:04 AM

For all its shyteness, the film does seem rather accurate in some parts:-

Instead of wooing us with a sympathetic portrait of a wronged woman who is seductive, funny and charming, as well as eccentric and her own worst enemy (ie complex and intriguing) we get a Diana who is hard to warm to and simply rather dull.

Cocooned in Kensington Palace after the failure of her marriage to Prince Charles (early scenes depicting her isolation are the most effective), she comes across as a sad and pretty desperate figure who’ll latch on to any available man to relieve her boredom and loneliness.

...is not far off the money.

Although this (below) is clearly nonsense.

Fayed is, frankly, the most sympathetic character here, a seemingly well intentioned man whose hospitality and emotions are abused by a Princess desperate to make her ex-boyfriend jealous

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users