Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Peacock

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

On tonight's Boots N All Stats Pack Phil Clarke mentioned there was a rumour Jamie Peacock may come out of international retirement.

I do hope so if only for the presence of the modern great.

(I also had my question read out on the 'Quiz Clarkey' section of the show, I'm famous!)

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#2 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

On tonight's Boots N All Stats Pack Phil Clarke mentioned there was a rumour Jamie Peacock may come out of international retirement.

lets hope not for englands wc chances

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#3 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,731 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:39 PM

There's absolutely no reason for him to. Prop is one position I'm not worried about for England.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#4 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

Hes been absolutely outstanding this year, it will be between him and Brough for MOS IMO

#5 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:07 PM

I hope he stays retired.  There are now far better options at prop, all of whom I would rather see play ahead of him.  Peacock has had his day at that level. 

#6 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:09 PM

Hes been absolutely outstanding this year, it will be between him and Brough for MOS IMO

I've always said that he was the driving force behind Leeds not Sinfield.

He's a great player, a true leader.

#7 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,700 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:25 PM

I hope he stays retired. There are now far better options at prop, all of whom I would rather see play ahead of him. Peacock has had his day at that level.

That's fine by Leeds.He's been a revelation since he had winter's off
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#8 The Big Gun

The Big Gun
  • Coach
  • 391 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:32 PM

I've always said that he was the driving force behind Leeds not Sinfield.

He's a great player, a true leader.

True, but not good enough to make the England squad right now.

#9 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

He's tge best prop in SL at this point, check his stats out he is a machine, having said that he's probably only having this good a season because he's had a proper off season

#10 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:40 PM

I don't disagree.

His performance against Bradford was completely unprofessional.

#11 7723

• Coach
  • 597 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:13 AM

I think having Peacock in the England squad would be a mistake. We have better options at prop now.

#12 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,662 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:36 AM

agreed...

not got a problem with him being part of the set up though...

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#13 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:01 AM

I don't disagree.

You mean you agree ;-)

Anyway he is the best prop in the league at the moment so should be considered if he comes out of retirement

#14 7723

• Coach
  • 597 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:17 AM

You mean you agree ;-)

Anyway he is the best prop in the league at the moment so should be considered if he comes out of retirement

I don't believe he is the best prop in the league. I would argue Eorl Crabtree is. Peacock may have made more meters then Crabtree but that's about it.

#15 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,662 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:31 AM

theres a couple of burgess lads ahead of him too

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#16 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:32 AM

I don't believe he is the best prop in the league. I would argue Eorl Crabtree is. Peacock may have made more meters then Crabtree but that's about it.

More metres, more tackles, more carries, hes also carried the team at times, dont get me wrong Crabtree has been great but Peacock has had probably had one of his best seasons of his career.

#17 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:34 AM

I agree, as I say he's retired but if he changes his mind he should be considered, I though people on here always bang on about being picked on form? Peacock is in the form of his life.

#18 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,798 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:38 AM

It doesn't matter how old he is or if there are younger players that could take his place. The WC is now. You pick your best players, not players for the future.

If Peacock is one of the best props, have him in the squad.
Posted Image

#19 7723

• Coach
  • 597 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:38 AM

More metres, more tackles, more carries, hes also carried the team at times, dont get me wrong Crabtree has been great but Peacock has had probably had one of his best seasons of his career.

Peacock also has more missed tackles, more penalties given away less tackles bust. You would need to look at minutes played to see who is statistically the better player though. Peacock may have been on the field twice as long as Crabtree or vice versa.

Either way, I wouldn't pick him if he made himself available.

#20 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,731 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

And Chris Hill, who has been fantastic this season.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users