Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Squad for 2014

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 425 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:14 PM

I am surprised few people mention how good a player Brett was for us in the u23s a few years ago under Houghie. He is a good lad and has that bit of agression and vision that could be the difference next season. Welcome back on board Brett.

#22 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 425 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

Boults has signed again, another good solid signing.

#23 higgy

higgy
  • 338 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

Boults has signed again, another good solid signing.

Yes. Glad he as signed for us again

#24 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:10 AM

Liam Thompson signed again

#25 m brooksy

m brooksy
  • Coach
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

Well happy with this one. By the end of the season he was one of our best players and can only see him improving next year with a proper pre season behind him.

#26 Logic

Logic
  • Coach
  • 343 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:30 AM

And now, Lewis Palfrey! The squad is coming together very nicely indeed and bodes very well for next season. Great stuff.

#27 chiefgeneral

chiefgeneral
  • Coach
  • 476 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

Could just do with Richard lepori now

#28 chiefgeneral

chiefgeneral
  • Coach
  • 476 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

Could just do with Richard lepori now

#29 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

Lippi told me he wants to go to Australia for a year

#30 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:13 AM

Tom whitehead signed again. Lepori goes to Australia for a year in January to play over there good luck to the lad he was outstanding for us this season

#31 Logic

Logic
  • Coach
  • 343 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:59 AM

Latest re-signing.......Mark Hobson.

#32 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:13 AM

Yes and Kenny Hughes

#33 Ex-scrumhalf

Ex-scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

I'm really pleased that a huge chunk of last season's squad have re-signed for the club, it shows to me that they are keen to do well together and respect their coach, and of course the new faces are welcomed. It is quite sad though that one of the most influential players on the team, Lepori, will not be with us. I hope that someone can be found who can replace him, but we do seem to have had the knack in recent years of finding quality full backs only to lose them after only a season or two. 

It was also good to read that Scott Naylor expects to sign some more new faces before very long and it is very encouraging to note that compared to recent years we have a large part of the squad already signed on. Does anyone feel like me though that among these new faces that are expected to sign there should be some experience in key positions, and perhaps a well known individual who will whet the appetites of the fans?

People are already talking enthusiastically about our prospects next year, and with the squad that we had last year still with us, why not? But there is nothing better than one or two "names" to make the supporters really sit up. 

I appreciate the efforts of the team last year, they were marvelous, and didn't deserve what happened to them in the grand final, but as an example it seemed to me that in two games against Rochdale only one man seemed to make the difference. It's what we need, that one person with experience who can change a game.

#34 higgy

higgy
  • 338 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

I'm really pleased that a huge chunk of last season's squad have re-signed for the club, it shows to me that they are keen to do well together and respect their coach, and of course the new faces are welcomed. It is quite sad though that one of the most influential players on the team, Lepori, will not be with us. I hope that someone can be found who can replace him, but we do seem to have had the knack in recent years of finding quality full backs only to lose them after only a season or two. 

It was also good to read that Scott Naylor expects to sign some more new faces before very long and it is very encouraging to note that compared to recent years we have a large part of the squad already signed on. Does anyone feel like me though that among these new faces that are expected to sign there should be some experience in key positions, and perhaps a well known individual who will whet the appetites of the fans?

People are already talking enthusiastically about our prospects next year, and with the squad that we had last year still with us, why not? But there is nothing better than one or two "names" to make the supporters really sit up. 

I appreciate the efforts of the team last year, they were marvelous, and didn't deserve what happened to them in the grand final, but as an example it seemed to me that in two games against Rochdale only one man seemed to make the difference. It's what we need, that one person with experience who can change a game.

Got to agree on this, it is sad  that Lepori is not staying he will be missed but wish him all the best down under and hope he may come back to us in the future. Only hope that Whitehead can live up to expectation it would be unfair to judge him on last season.

#35 john in oz

john in oz
  • Players
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:45 PM

Has he actually signed for any club yet ?
As good a player as he may be, the difference between NRL and Champ 1 is light years !
Good luck to him anyway.

#36 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

He not goin NRL pal he going to play for little team like a lot of young players from here are doing now

#37 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

Ste nield signed as has ben wood again after a year down under

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users