RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

NEW SIGNINGS ?

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#61 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:12 AM

would be up for that Livo..

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#62 richie keay

richie keay

Tipping Comp Winner

• Coach
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:46 AM

Really think that the supporters club should make a big push as it was a great idea that seemed to drop away...perhaps we can help secure finance for a player through it?

This was an excellent initiative which has died a death recently, I think many supporters would be up for starting it back up again, especially if it could help finance an overseas player, which is what imo has been sadly lacking in the last few season.

Imagine what a big barnstorming samoan or fijian could do for our team, it would also bring more numbers through the gate.

• goudie likes this
Posted Image

#63 scrumhalf

scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 946 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:07 PM

This was an excellent initiative which has died a death recently, I think many supporters would be up for starting it back up again, especially if it could help finance an overseas player, which is what imo has been sadly lacking in the last few season.

Imagine what a big barnstorming samoan or fijian could do for our team, it would also bring more numbers through the gate.

dead right richie and they will all be in the shop window come the world cup in october

#64 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 774 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

Was kurt haggerty linked with a move to Leigh? Great to see you guys taking shape too, just hope now we have ended our season we can start moving on for next season too
I wouldn't be surprised if there is some movement between players and our 3 clubs this year. Should be exciting times
  • Baaarrow likes this

#65 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:06 AM

The positive thing is we are signing the better players from last season up to now

as much they have been good servants over the years, the likes of Butler will be a waste of valuable capital.

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#66 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 352 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:56 AM

I'd like to see Danny Morrow from walney sign on! On tour in Australia with BARLA, got player of the tour! Would be a good local signing
  • morty and shawy13 like this

#67 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:16 AM

Adam Nicholson as well

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#68 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 352 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:33 AM

Maybe give andy litherland another shot aswell

#69 Gus Tyson

Gus Tyson
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:38 AM

perhaps if Cresta comes in he might bring some of his BARLA boys with him.

o'brien from millom went out on tour too, he has to be better than dandy so could make a good pairing with mossop

#70 Alias

Alias
  • Coach
  • 217 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:25 PM

It's official that the bull has signed a 2 year deal
That's great news !!
  • Baaarrow likes this

#71 The Rat Catcher

The Rat Catcher
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:02 PM

[quote name="morty" post="2785575" timestamp="1378725416"]

Adam Nicholson as well #quote

good player but dint want him anywhere near the club. Bad Egg in the changing room.

#72 Sempur

Sempur
  • Coach
  • 551 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:34 PM

What about Danny Morrow, I've never seen him play but have heard good things about him?
Out in Oz with BARLA at the mo.
Whoso sheds his blood with me on this field shall be my brother - Henry V

#73 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

It's official that the bull has signed a 2 year deal
That's great news !!

Great news ... are any of the other signings 2 year deals ?

Lee Morton

#74 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 352 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

Think it's safe to say Leigh will out muscle nearly any team next year down the middle! Signed Brennan(what I've heard), Sam Barlow and now Oliver Wilkes!

#75 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:39 PM

Brennan is no great loss as long as we replace him. Was hoping Oli Wilkes might be a target for Barrow :(

Posted Image

#76 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:08 PM

thought Leigh were on the bones of their ar se ????

Lee Morton

#77 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:44 PM

when is the next supporters meeting? would like to discuss what we can do and if we can help secure a big signing financially.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#78 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

Think it's safe to say Leigh will out muscle nearly any team next year down the middle! Signed Brennan(what I've heard), Sam Barlow and now Oliver Wilkes!

rumours are theyve made jamie acton a big offer as well, and trust me hes the better of the 4.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#79 JC3

JC3
  • Players
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

rumours are theyve made jamie acton a big offer as well, and trust me hes the better of the 4.

Yeah let's trust the workington fan who says the workington player is the best.....

#80 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 352 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

What cause he's a town player? Yeah must be better

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users