Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

NEW SIGNINGS ?

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#81 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 557 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

As much as I hate town acton is a beast turned the game when he came on against haven at DP at easter when we where winning comfortably the lads hard to stop we couldn't handle him anyhow then again we cant handle harrison either

#82 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 852 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:40 PM

Action acton played for the best Cumbrian team this year as the league doesn't lie!!
But he was schooled at wigan I beleive then dropped down but based in the Lancashire area you can't blame the lad for going to Leigh if he does I would be gutted but that's the way it goes!
Next season I think all 3 of our teams are going to have to temp this lads touring with barla to join us

Edited by havenhater, 11 September 2013 - 08:40 PM.

#83 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,075 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:02 PM

How is your first 2 lines relevant?

That would be like us claiming Andy Bracek was better than Jarrod Stack last year because he played for the best team in Cumbria as the league table doesn't lie.

#84 JC3

JC3
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

As much as I hate town acton is a beast turned the game when he came on against haven at DP at easter when we where winning comfortably the lads hard to stop we couldn't handle him anyhow then again we cant handle harrison either

Action acton played for the best Cumbrian team this year as the league doesn't lie!!
But he was schooled at wigan I beleive then dropped down but based in the Lancashire area you can't blame the lad for going to Leigh if he does I would be gutted but that's the way it goes!
Next season I think all 3 of our teams are going to have to temp this lads touring with barla to join us

to be fair i was only joking, don't know much about him but barlow and wilkes are very good. brennan was quality at key parts of the season for us too.

#85 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:20 PM

when is the next supporters meeting? would like to discuss what we can do and if we can help secure a big signing financially.

It was mentioned on a thread on here about supporters clubbing together a few quid per month each into a players fund, not heard anything since, maybe this could help out a little bit.

#86 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:31 PM

Which Cumbrian club who out signs the other 2 should be fine next season, Question is who will that club be Worky ? Barrow or the Sellafield free money movement ?

#87 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 852 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:13 AM

I was only having a yarn too I loved watching acton last season but I feel the same about Harrison when he puts himself about and mcavoy too, those 3 in the Same team would be something else but I can dream!!

#88 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:34 AM

Which Cumbrian club who out signs the other 2 should be fine next season, Question is who will that club be Worky ? Barrow or the Sellafield free money movement ?

i think haven need to improve more than there fans like to admit. when the likes of swift were recalled to saints there season took a nose dive.i think town will have the highest turn around of players as were losing a lot of regulars from this years squad to retirement and going elsewhere. but it depends what quality is brought in, ive heard a few good rumours but i wont be counting any chickens until there formally announced.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#89 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 557 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:09 AM

Wonky me old mucker your right about swifty the lads class as his proving now in SL but we only used him 5 times and got a couple of tonkings when he played last 5 games we where pants since JJP left to be honest and no jordan hand last 6 games as for DR and this is a fact you lot used more players through it this season than we did believe it or not have to wait and see which team buys the better players this winter and who loses who i know the players barrow have re-signed are the players we asked to talk to only campbell yet to confirm what his doing next season so i expect barrow to do a lot better than this season gonna be a good battle next year i reckon and if only 1 cumbrian team gets in SL2 in 2015 they,ll have the pick of the best players of all 3 teams

#90 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 852 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:01 PM

Milburn cracking signing for haven

#91 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:41 AM

Its all gone quiet on the signings front ..... any news ???

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users