Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

**Kevin Penny Confirmed **

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 LeeBriersIsGod

LeeBriersIsGod
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:49 AM

http://www1.skysport...rrington-wolves
Warrington Wolves "Making History , Not living It" "We All Hate Wigan" Swinton Lions "Up the Lions"

#2 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:50 AM

Shame, but good luck to him.

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#3 LeeBriersIsGod

LeeBriersIsGod
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:59 AM

Strange one this . not the 1st player that was on the fans mind. 12 month contract £15,000 WIN WIN for warrington i think. If successfull then further 2 year contract, Hopefully he has matured since he was with us a few years ago. Lets hope we now get rid of RHYS WILLIAMS. He is shockingly bad. Steals a wage at warrington. I hope he doesnt go to you though.
Warrington Wolves "Making History , Not living It" "We All Hate Wigan" Swinton Lions "Up the Lions"

#4 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:05 AM

I would have Rhys Williams any day. He has been great for us and has got stuck in to the task and scored some good tries. Lets hope Mr Smith lets us have him. I look forward to seeing him play for Wales in the RLWC.

Riggy

#5 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 934 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:05 AM

Williams has played better for us than Evans this season once he settled in. I'd have him back as a permanent fixture any day although would he like to go part time and would he be as effective whilst such?

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#6 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:41 PM

Williams for us?
Yes please
Highly unlikely though I think

Good luck penny...go and prove them all wrong
A pleasure to watch in a lions shirt

#7 LeeBriersIsGod

LeeBriersIsGod
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:53 PM

Williams wont stay at us im sure of that. only question is will he take a paycut and play part time?

#8 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 334 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:00 PM

12 month contract £15,000 WIN WIN for warrington i think.

Now I know very little about the salaries paid in "full-time" rugby league but £15k is barely above the minimum wage these days.  KP (aged 26) is quoted "I am made up to be coming back into the full-time environment after a couple of years working in a normal job as well" -

Can you afford to give up a job for £15k per annum contract?

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#9 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

You can if you banked the 75k plus contract you had when you were 19

Edited by mark richardson, 05 September 2013 - 01:43 PM.

#10 LeeBriersIsGod

LeeBriersIsGod
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:29 AM

he is only on 15,000 as it is a 1 year contract. Chris riley was only on 20,000 per year untill he signed a contract extension a few weeks ago.

#11 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 334 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

Thanks but my point was, is £15k per annum considered a "full-time" contract which would allow Penny to give up other work and concentrate on just Warrington rugby (and therefore allowing him to grasp the opportunity fully)?

I am confused by what is considered "full time" rugby :dontknow:

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#12 LeeBriersIsGod

LeeBriersIsGod
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:13 PM

im not sure i know some players for warrington get a house to live in or something like that... I know that through working for a utility company .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users